The Fiio X5 Thread
Aug 13, 2018 at 4:45 PM Post #19,621 of 19,652
I wonder who makes the inner parts of the cards, usually it is Samsung or Sandisk who makes the insides, so makes one wonder why none of those two companies released a 512GB mSD before PNY or Integral

It’s likely using 4-bit per cell memory (QLC) from Toshiba actually, according to reports. Does it matter though? Might be that Sandisk and Samsung are working out reliability issues or something as there is a lack of published endurance tests.

Personally, I would stick with a Sandisk 400gb.

Aug 13, 2018 at 8:56 PM Post #19,622 of 19,652
It’s likely using 4-bit per cell memory (QLC) from Toshiba actually, according to reports. Does it matter though? Might be that Sandisk and Samsung are working out reliability issues or something as there is a lack of published endurance tests.

Personally, I would stick with a Sandisk 400gb.

Well, that is why it would matter, makes you wonder if it is reliable so far. I would stick with Samsung or Sandisk as well

Sep 1, 2018 at 11:50 AM Post #19,624 of 19,652
Can someone point me towards the right direction to download the recommended firmware? I was cleaning out my storage and found my Fiio and it is in v2.5. And the official site download does not work. Any help would be great. Thank you in advance.

Sep 1, 2018 at 12:07 PM Post #19,625 of 19,652
Can someone point me towards the right direction to download the recommended firmware? I was cleaning out my storage and found my Fiio and it is in v2.5. And the official site download does not work. Any help would be great. Thank you in advance.

Uhm it's working fine for me here.

You cannot see this page?

http://m.fiio.net/en/supports/19

Sep 1, 2018 at 12:16 PM Post #19,626 of 19,652
This may help.

Attachments

• FiiO USB DAC Driver v3.34.0.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • Fii0_X5_User_Guide-EN.pdf
    7.4 MB · Views: 0
Sep 1, 2018 at 12:18 PM Post #19,627 of 19,652
Sep 2, 2018 at 8:51 AM Post #19,630 of 19,652
Thanks. I just finished updating it but still have it figure out what's new.

【FiiO X5】The following changes and improvements were made to firmware version 2.6 compared to 2.5:
1. Enabled gapless playback of single music files split by CUE sheets
2. Fixed issue where the player may play through folders incorrectly
3. Fixed issue where the genre tag of AAC files (.m4a) was read incorrectly
4. Fixed issue where blanks spaces in front of the album name of a song caused the genre name to be read incorrectly
5. Fixed issue where the player may not be able to load the cover info for certain MP3 files
6. Improved the sensitivity and consistency of the scroll wheel response.
7. Fixed issue where some CUE sheets could not be parsed
8. Various other bug fixes in line with those made for the X5 2nd gen

【FiiO X5】The following changes and improvements were made to firmware version 2.7 compared to 2.6:

1. USB OTG function (which had never been compatible with many USB devices) has been disabled to improve device detection in storage and DAC modes by the computer.

Oct 17, 2018 at 6:05 PM Post #19,631 of 19,652
Please help me understand why my Samsung S5 phone can play higher resolution music than a FiiO x5? Is it because of limitations of the SOC or is it that FiiO didn't want to enable the ability for fear of competing with future releases? I have a feeling that it's the latter given the number of cheap Chinese DAPs that can decode native DSD. Just curious. Any input will be appreciated.

FiiO, care to chime in? Thanks!

Oct 19, 2018 at 9:20 AM Post #19,632 of 19,652
Please help me understand why my Samsung S5 phone can play higher resolution music than a FiiO x5? Is it because of limitations of the SOC or is it that FiiO didn't want to enable the ability for fear of competing with future releases? I have a feeling that it's the latter given the number of cheap Chinese DAPs that can decode native DSD. Just curious. Any input will be appreciated.

FiiO, care to chime in? Thanks!

I don't think it can play native higher resolution files, and even if it can, it will not sound better without you having a DAC/AMP connected to it.

Being able to play higher res files has absolutely nothing to do with sounding better :)

Also, having that quick SoC might have something to do with this

Nov 21, 2018 at 5:27 AM Post #19,634 of 19,652
20181117_140308_HDR.jpg

So this just happened to my X5

Users who are viewing this thread

Back