The Fiio X5 Thread
Nov 25, 2015 at 5:22 AM Post #18,706 of 19,652
I currently have a 128 and a 64 in my X5, so my plan is to put the 200 in one of my X3's and move the 128 from the X3 to the X5 for the 256 G experience. When the 200's are $45 dollars I'll jump again. I am so happy we can have so much nice storage on our toys without involving hard drives. Yes sir.

Nov 25, 2015 at 6:50 AM Post #18,707 of 19,652
And me, broke as s**t right now.

Nov 25, 2015 at 1:02 PM Post #18,709 of 19,652
You can get Silicone Power 128 GB micro SD cards for as little as $38 here in the U.S. I bought one because it got good reviews on Amazon and Newegg.com.  It doesn't have the phenomenal write speed of the SanDisk one I have but so far it's doing it's job well.

Nov 25, 2015 at 2:38 PM Post #18,710 of 19,652
Sigh. So we're never getting ReplayGain tag support on this device.

FiiO, please, PLEASE implement this on your future products, including the X7. It's a very simple feature that makes listening to music, especially playlists, far more pleasing.

Nov 25, 2015 at 5:37 PM Post #18,712 of 19,652
I just ordered the X1 yesturday,
Compared to the x5, am I missing out on allot?
This is my first DAP other then a iPod,

It is hard to tell...X1 is outstanding at his price, but so is X5... 

Dudes.... That news about 200gb microsd becoming cheaper in other parts of the world makes me regret so much that in Romania I will get one in about one or two years
biggrin.gif

Here, a 128gb microsd costs around 90$, and a 200gb one costs over 200$

Nov 26, 2015 at 4:12 AM Post #18,713 of 19,652
It is hard to tell...X1 is outstanding at his price, but so is X5... 

Dudes.... That news about 200gb microsd becoming cheaper in other parts of the world makes me regret so much that in Romania I will get one in about one or two years:D

Here, a 128gb microsd costs around 90$, and a 200gb one costs over 200$

Well, you could have gotten one cheaper from amazon.de yesterday

Nov 26, 2015 at 5:06 AM Post #18,714 of 19,652
Well, you could have gotten one cheaper from amazon.de yesterday

I only once ordered from outside Romania, and they made me pay VAT for the product (a cowon j3 when they first appeared). From then on, I never ventured ordering from outside, because paying another 24% besides the price and paying transport fees would end up making me pay almost as much as ordering from within, with the downside of being a hassle to return. 

At least this is how it was in 2010, but I actually look forward to order something from outside of Romania, I think I just always had it overthinking about if I actually end up loosing money instead of winning. 

Does one usually have to pay VAT when importing now days? (most people I know never bother ordering from outside of Romania, so I felt like asking
biggrin.gif
)

Nov 26, 2015 at 5:20 AM Post #18,715 of 19,652
I only once ordered from outside Romania, and they made me pay VAT for the product (a cowon j3 when they first appeared). From then on, I never ventured ordering from outside, because paying another 24% besides the price and paying transport fees would end up making me pay almost as much as ordering from within, with the downside of being a hassle to return. 

At least this is how it was in 2010, but I actually look forward to order something from outside of Romania, I think I just always had it overthinking about if I actually end up loosing money instead of winning. 

Does one usually have to pay VAT when importing now days? (most people I know never bother ordering from outside of Romania, so I felt like asking:D )

You won't be charged any VAT if you order from countries that are EU members

Nov 26, 2015 at 5:30 AM Post #18,716 of 19,652
You won't be charged any VAT if you order from countries that are EU members

actually you'll pay the normal VAT, not VAT over the complete amount including the already added VAT.

Nov 26, 2015 at 5:33 AM Post #18,717 of 19,652
actually you'll pay the normal VAT, not VAT over the complete amount including the already added VAT.

If you pay the VAT in the country of origin you don't need to pay any extra VAT in your country. That's how it was for me anyway...

Nov 26, 2015 at 7:12 AM Post #18,718 of 19,652
If you pay the VAT in the country of origin you don't need to pay any extra VAT in your country. That's how it was for me anyway...

Thanks a lot for the answer!

So, for the moment, I can only order from within EU, but still, it might be a step up as some things could be cheaper in other european countries... Though I am pretty sure that audio tehnica is still overpriced over the entire europe
biggrin.gif

Nov 27, 2015 at 5:24 PM Post #18,720 of 19,652
:L3000:
hi. have all you Great and talented moders, looked at the OS. and fmw. on Que-style Qp1R ? it looks and acts the same as the x5. i would like to see some mods. for the Qp1R. if you are so inclined. :beerchug:  

I've peeked at the unpacked FW and it looks exactly the same base theme layout as the FiiO and Cayin DAPs. However, Questyle has made it VERY clear that using custom themes will void the warranty so that basically squashed that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back