The Fiio X5 Thread
Apr 21, 2015 at 5:20 PM Post #17,131 of 19,652
Only difference is that normally therapy helps a person to overcome the issue (alcohol, drugs etc) but here therapy will make one spend more on the issue & get more addicted .

I see.
And how does that make you feel?

My name is x RELIC x, and I have a Head-Fi problem......... :confused:

Now can someone tell me about the X5 II, what $4000 amp to pair it with so I can use it as a transport, and where to get gold interconnects, and silver cables braided by Amazonian virgins for my 8 ohm NASA approved carbon fibre CIEMs?

I see.
Would like to talk about it a little more?

Apr 21, 2015 at 5:36 PM Post #17,132 of 19,652
I see.
Would like to talk about it a little more?

Yes, push me over the edge! I just need a little one......... This is why we go to Head-Fi therapy, right?

Apr 21, 2015 at 7:14 PM Post #17,133 of 19,652
Now that you have an X5 make sure you check out the numerous custom modified firmwares (separate discussion group).  Adds some fun to the great sounds. 

Apr 21, 2015 at 11:43 PM Post #17,134 of 19,652
Innerfidelity does a comparison of seven DAPs including the X5.......... Also gives a shout out to the custom themes.

LINK

I have to say I disagree with some of his conclusions, but I realize why he says what he says.

Article written by John Grandberg.

Apr 22, 2015 at 12:59 AM Post #17,135 of 19,652
Innerfidelity does a comparison of seven DAPs including the X5.......... Also gives a shout out to the custom themes.

LINK

I have to say I disagree with some of his conclusions, but I realize why he says what he says.

Just a note for anyone reading the Innerfidelity article.  It wasn't Tyll writing it.

Apr 22, 2015 at 8:07 AM Post #17,137 of 19,652
  Aynone has any ideea what can i do to buy a stacking hs6 kit for x5? they seem totally out in Romania, and i have no ideea from where to buy one.

Penon has it....but, bit costlier to MP4's as they ran out of stock now.....

http://penonaudio.com/FiiO-HS6%20?search=hs6

Apr 22, 2015 at 10:29 AM Post #17,138 of 19,652
  Penon has it....but, bit costlier to MP4's as they ran out of stock now.....

http://penonaudio.com/FiiO-HS6%20?search=hs6

I want something specific to Romania, or very close, penon is in hong kong. Not only, that it is expensive, i cannot receive it without taking a 200km trip to the place from where we receive packages from outside of the country...

Apr 22, 2015 at 12:14 PM Post #17,139 of 19,652

LINK

Article written by John Grandberg.

I'd love to hear some of your points of disagreement with the article.  I've not had any complaints about the treble, and I don't have any beefs with the UI (my needs there, are simple).  I do think he had a point about the button structure with up/down/left/right with an enter button in the middle.  A lot of blind-guy stuff is made that way.  But, that's incidental.
If anyone else reads the article, I'd love to hear some feedback.

Apr 22, 2015 at 12:26 PM Post #17,140 of 19,652
  I'd love to hear some of your points of disagreement with the article.  I've not had any complaints about the treble, and I don't have any beefs with the UI (my needs there, are simple).  I do think he had a point about the button structure with up/down/left/right with an enter button in the middle.  A lot of blind-guy stuff is made that way.  But, that's incidental.

My only issue with the treble is that it's slightly overrepresented (easily fixable with the EQ, though), but I don't perceive it as metallic at all. Maybe it sounded like this before it was fully broken in? I remember that the first time I noticed some omnipresent glare, not specifically in the treble, though, but that's not there anymore.

Apr 22, 2015 at 12:43 PM Post #17,141 of 19,652

I fiind the treble not enough, with all headphones/iems i need to turn it up more than 2 db on ultrasone dj one pro, and all the way up with sennheiser ie8... this way it is exactly how i want it.

Also, my opinion was at the moment of buying that x5 is able to keep it up with competition, even with much more expensive devices, and it does a very good job on it.

Apr 22, 2015 at 12:50 PM Post #17,142 of 19,652
I can't imagine what this "steely" treble he's hearing is all about. I hear no such thing. I usually listen through my Etymotic ER4-Ps straight out of the HO, and occasionally use my son's ATH-M50s or my other son's DT770/250s, and have tried my ESP-950s a couple of times, both during and after breaking in the X-5. And I almost always listen flat.

Apr 22, 2015 at 12:54 PM Post #17,143 of 19,652
  I want something specific to Romania, or very close, penon is in hong kong. Not only, that it is expensive, i cannot receive it without taking a 200km trip to the place from where we receive packages from outside of the country...

I see, so did you buy all your gadgets locally in Romania then?
rolleyes.gif
.....that's ridiculous to travel 200KMs (400KMs round trip?) all the way to receive a packet that can't be delivered to the consignee tho shipping charges been paid him/her....is it only for economic/budget shipping or even it goes for 2-5 day intl priority and likes? and a customs mandate?......

Apr 22, 2015 at 1:49 PM Post #17,145 of 19,652

I see, so did you buy all your gadgets locally in Romania then?
rolleyes.gif
.....that's ridiculous to travel 200KMs (400KMs round trip?) all the way to receive a packet that can't be delivered to the consignee tho shipping charges been paid him/her....is it only for economic/budget shipping or even it goes for 2-5 day intl priority and likes? and a customs mandate?......

when you buy and you are not a company that imports, you must pass testing for what you actually receive. There are some services which bypass this test by importing indirectly, but i have zero ideea how to use them.

Anything i can receive from Romania, Moldova, Hungary, and whoever has fast access to internal curiers can deliver normally, but in both of these countries, audiophile equipment are even more scarce.

Yes, i bought everything locally, after listening and spending at least one hour with each piece of equipment, less my ultrasone dj one pro, which i bought after 5 minutes.

It kind of sucks to not be able to receive to doorstep without hassle, and having to travel in total 200 km [one road is 100km], but it has it's fun. For some reason most objects arrive there, but if you buy with a special contract, you can actually receive to doorstep, but it is quite complicated, as nobody really knows which service delivers and how. i once received a cowon j3 to doorstep buying from hong kong, but all the accessories bought also from hong kong, similar service[lcd screen protectors, wall cahrger and silicone cases] arrived at the other place and i ended up having to travel the road... not to mention that the place is open only some days, i think friday and tuesday only from 8a.m. to 10 a.m. because the same people need to control all trucks that come from outside, and they spend very little controlling packages, because they finish quite fast most of times. I remember having a box checked twice.

to keep it related to x5, i very very much prefferd buying it locally, and picking it up straight from store to avoid complications, and because i live close to the store..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back