The Fiio X5 Thread
Apr 8, 2015 at 11:59 AM Post #16,756 of 19,652
Yeah seems the same to me. I am definitely not used to it yet. 
blink.gif

Apr 8, 2015 at 12:02 PM Post #16,757 of 19,652
Tried an X5 for a few days. Magnificent headphone out.

Ugly UI. Its design dates back to 2005 and tag management borders disaster. Can't imagine putting on it 20000 tracks and trying to operate them via tags. Who came up with the idea of savage the album art showing less than half of it?

Interesting device for big cans. For iems the user experience on an iPhone trumps this iPod copycat cause UI is tons better and sound is so so so darn close in excellence...

On a side note when operating that clunky wheel with headphones connected there is spurious background buzzing.

Apr 8, 2015 at 12:46 PM Post #16,758 of 19,652
Tried an X5 for a few days. Magnificent headphone out.

Ugly UI. Its design dates back to 2005 and tag management borders disaster. Can't imagine putting on it 20000 tracks and trying to operate them via tags. Who came up with the idea of savage the album art showing less than half of it?

Interesting device for big cans. For iems the user experience on an iPhone trumps this iPod copycat cause UI is tons better and sound is so so so darn close in excellence...

On a side note when operating that clunky wheel with headphones connected there is spurious background buzzing.

If you'd like you could redesign the UI as you please, in fact, we have a thread for exactly this purpose: http://www.head-fi.org/t/717947/fiio-x5-custom-modded-firmwares

You can browse by folder, or artist, or album, or genre. I don't think there's a better way to browse?

The only thing i would discuss here is the sound quality being so so compared with ipod. It's quite excellent with my IEMs (GR10e)

Never had this buzzing, neither on headphone out nor line out?

Apr 8, 2015 at 1:27 PM Post #16,760 of 19,652
Apr 8, 2015 at 1:37 PM Post #16,761 of 19,652
I don't think that that is what @uzi2 is looking for though, as this doesn't change the way albumart is displayed.

Hopefully some day though.

sorry, i thought that this is what he was searching for...

let me think for a while...

i think that after some firmware updates, if he asks fiio support directly, they might implement the new change.

Apr 8, 2015 at 2:01 PM Post #16,763 of 19,652
  this is the place to fiind what you are looking for

http://www.head-fi.org/t/717947/fiio-x5-custom-modded-firmwares

at least one should fit.

If you check that thread, you will see I have been an active contributor.
There is no way to alter album art size or placement, it is hardcoded into the firmware.

My response to @nmatheis was to point out that the feature wasn't processor intensive as he had intimated.

Apr 8, 2015 at 2:59 PM Post #16,765 of 19,652

If you check that thread, you will see I have been an active contributor.
There is no way to alter album art size or placement, it is hardcoded into the firmware.

My response to @nmatheis was to point out that the feature wasn't processor intensive as he had intimated.

sorry, seen that afterwards.

well, i can only say this, had you tried contacting fiio, and ask for this feature through fiio support?

Apr 8, 2015 at 3:58 PM Post #16,766 of 19,652
Heard the buzzing both with Westone UM3x and Westone W50. Dunno if it was due to the screen or the clunkwheel.

Fear the man wearing velcro strapped sandals, for he has nothing left to lose.

Apr 8, 2015 at 4:30 PM Post #16,767 of 19,652
Oh, elwappo, so those ciems you mentioned are from Ultimate Ears? Those were the first ciems I considered before I read the very impressive reviews of the K10 which sold me on them. No regrets...AT ALL, but I do hope you enjoy them on into the future.
Fiio might change the wheel for the X5II from what I've heard but I guess we'll have to see. It won't be long though, I think, no? The company certainly has received enough feedback to warrant this, I'm sure.

Apr 8, 2015 at 4:43 PM Post #16,769 of 19,652
sorry, seen that afterwards.

well, i can only say this, had you tried contacting fiio, and ask for this feature through fiio support?

About 1000000000 people have requested the album art to be justified to fit the screen. FiiO is aware.

Apr 8, 2015 at 4:44 PM Post #16,770 of 19,652
  Okay, so after a lot of thinking, i still have this problem, and i want to resolve it.

I run a x5+e12a setup, and i get bad clipping with music that has bad clipping. Loud metal, victims of loudness war.

what can i do to not get clipping anymore?

Bugger all I would imagine as that is all about the quality of the mastering.  

That is the downside of good equipment, you hear all the flaws in poorly recorded/mastered music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back