This thread is designed to be a go-to place to get the latest user mods for FiiO X5 firmwares
I will try as much as I can to keep this first post up to date with links to the posts of users that provided custom firmwares. I am not responsible for any file hosted outside.
A note for the modders: When you are done with your mods, I would suggest putting them in a compressed folder (.zip or the likes). That way you can name the compressed folder anything you want while keeping the x5.fw name intact. This gives you the opportinity to put a readme file with your signature, any copyright thingies you want and a quick install instruction.This will make it easier for you to manage multiple mods and easier for the "consumers" who will have all they need in one package.
Last updated: 2014-12-26
Previous versions available in second post (link)
Firmware 2.20 (stable) official by FiiO (direct download)
- Base theme variations:
"Aztechno" theme by flowerlandfilms (incoming ?)
- "Less Is More (LIM)" by TheoS52 (post - direct download)
- "LIM: Remix" by Bloodflame (post - direct download)
- "LIM: Plain Black" by nmatheis (post - direct download)
- "Matrix" with alt. album art by loquah based on flowerlandfilms theme (post - direct download)
- "Fragments - Blue" by AsianInvasion (post - direct download)
- "Haromny" by AsianInvasion (post - direct download)
Firmware 2.30 (beta?) official by FiiO (direct download)
Firmware 2.34Beta official by FiiO (direct download)
Firmware 2.36Beta official by FiiO (direct download)
- Full re-themes:
- Transfer the firmware file on the microSD in card slot 1. IMPORTANT the file must be named x5.fw
- Turn off the FiiO X5
- Hold the upper left (on the X keygroup) and power buttons until the firmware update screen appears
- The X5 will restart automatically after the update is completed.
- How to update the firmware by FiiO (direct download)
- USB DAC Driver for Windows by FiiO (direct download)
- Firmware extract tool by CH23 (post - direct download)
- Unpacked firmware by CH23 (post - direct download)
** DISCLAIMER ** flashing unofficial firmwares is at your own risk. FiiO, Head-Fi or any of its users may not be held responsible for any damage to your device resulting from any unofficial firmware malfunction.
Feel free to post your own firmware or submit requests to modders. Keep in mind that modders tinker on those firmwares during their free time and are not obligated in any way to answer/fulfill any request from anyone.
Edited by Nicolas2305 - 12/26/14 at 8:13am