The mods available in this thread are free of charge and provided by the community. All of these are built on the official FiiO firmware.
When you flash a firmware
I expressly linked to the post where the firmware was posted in addition to the direct download link. If you like what you see and use, I strongly suggest that you click on the "post" link and go give reputation to the modder. If you have opinions about the firmware, I encourage you to tell it to the modder. It's not guaranteed that they will change their mod but it could give them ideas for future firmware mods.
FiiO X5II Firmwares
FiiO X5 Firmwares
Last updated: 2016-02-02 (all mods up to post 2553 are included)
Previous versions available in second post (link)
2.6 (stable) official by FiiO (direct download)
|Firmware Name||Modder||Post / changelogs||Download|
|80's Hi-Fi||theUKMrT||post||Direct link|
Ai-Hybrid (Based om AsianInvasion work)
|Analogue||x RELIC x||post||Direct link|
English 80s Indie
|H_U_D||x RELIC x||post||Direct link|
|McFiiOtosh||x RELIC x||post|
|Plasma||x RELIC x||post|
|StarTrek_TOS||x RELIC x||post||Direct link|
|Tesla||x RELIC x||post|
|X5_Classic||x RELIC x||post||Direct link|
- Transfer the firmware file on the microSD in card slot 1. IMPORTANT the file must be named x5.fw
- Turn off the FiiO X5
- Hold the upper left (on the X keygroup) and power buttons until the firmware update screen appears
- The X5 will restart automatically after the update is completed.
- How to update the firmware by FiiO (direct download)
- USB DAC Driver for Windows by FiiO (direct download)
- Firmware extract tool by CH23 (post - direct download)
- Unpacked firmware by CH23 (post - direct download)
- "Solar" Icon pack from AsianInvasion (post - direct download)
- "Vibrant" Icon pack from AsianInvasion (post - direct download)
- Config.ini color guide for 2.5 by x RELIC x (post)
** DISCLAIMER ** flashing unofficial firmwares is at your own risk. FiiO, Head-Fi or any of its users may not be held responsible for any damage to your device resulting from any unofficial firmware malfunction.
Feel free to post your own firmware or submit requests to modders. Keep in mind that modders tinker on those firmwares during their free time and are not obligated in any way to answer/fulfill any request from anyone.
A note for the modders
When you are done with your mods, I would suggest putting them in a compressed folder (.zip or the likes). That way you can name the compressed folder anything you want while keeping the x5.fw name intact. This gives you the opportinity to put a readme file with your signature, any copyright thingies you want and a quick install instruction.This will make it easier for you to manage multiple mods and easier for the "consumers" who will have all they need in one package.
When posting new mods please include the following details:
- Name of the mod/theme
- For new themes: name it whatever you want, I just want a name to list it in the first post
- For modifications to existing themes: Provide the name of the original theme so I can list it at the proper location
- Version of the firmware. If not specified, I will list it in the latest stable version by default.
- Language specific (if applicable)
Edited by Nicolas2305 - 2/22/16 at 6:11am