Please note the following:
1. This is a development beta. Please consider carefully whether you want to upgrade to it. (You can always downgrade back to 2.0)
2. Problems encountered with this firmware may be posted to this thread--please keep the main X5 thread free from clutter regarding bugs on beta firmware.
3. To avoid public misunderstanding, please refrain from posting about bugs and imperfections of the beta firmware outside this beta firmware discussion thread.
Main points of improvement are as follows:
1. Fixed issue where number of songs updated as shown by the media library upate and the number of songs shown by the “all songs” view are inconsistent when number of songs exceeds 3000 and CUE files are included.
2. Fixed issue where if rewinding at the end of a song, the player may skip to the next track before rewinding is complete (changed playback behaviour so that rewinding pauses playback)
3. Added support for the following cover art for a whole folder as per requirements:
a) jpg, jpeg, bmp and png formats are supported;
b) Other limitations to display are the same as for X5 firmware 2.0;
c) Supports display of art in the following order: Embedded cover art>External cover art (same filename as the song)>”front”>”cover”>”folder”>any other image found (first in alphabetical order). Note that capitalization is ignored.
d) Cover art display (stretch and crop) follows method in firmware 2.0 for now.
4. Will now ignore capitalization on Genre, Album, Artist and Title tags for the purpose of sorting and categorization (to avoid issue of the same genre / artist etc. being counted for two);
E.g. “POP” and “pop” are now regarded as the same genre.
5. Added option to “Play all” songs by an artist.
6. Added support for reading album and genre info from the music file that a CUE file is attached to.
7. Added support for LRC lyrics files in Unicode (UTF8 without BOM) format.
8. Added support for automatic media library update when an SD card is inserted / removed (when media library update is set to auto)
9. Added support for displaying total number of songs on system, on SD card 1 and SD card 2 from System settings->about X5.
10. “Normal” EQ is renamed “Off”.
11. Addressed issue where some music files in formats supported by the X5 are shown as not supported.
12. Addressed issue where an artist may be shown as two duplicate listings in Play by Category after a media library update.
13. Fixed issue where feature to resume playback from last position after power-off is broken in a certain FLAC album.
14. Fixed issue where certain FLAC files cause the player to hang.
15. Fixed the following issues with playing back .m4a files generated by itunes format conversion:
a) Time index did not match music after fast-forwarding
b) Resume playback from last position did not work (playback resumes from beginning of the track)
c) 44.1kHz/16bit was shown as the sample rate regardless of the actual sample rate used (aside from ALAC).