Please note the following:
- This is a development beta. Please consider carefully whether you want to upgrade to it. (You can always downgrade back to 2.0)
- Problems encountered with this firmware may be posted to this thread--please keep the main X5 thread free from clutter regarding bugs on beta firmware.
- To avoid public misunderstanding, please refrain from posting about bugs and imperfections of the beta firmware outside this beta firmware discussion thread.
Main points of improvement of 2.06beta are as follows:
- Fixed issue where "DTS not supported" was translated as "DSD not supported" in German.
- Fixed issue with song ordering in albums such that they are now sorted by track number instead of by filenames. (Including albums subselection of an artist)
Further point of improvement of 2.07beta is as follows:
Corrected ordering of songs retrieved from playlists generated both on the computer and on the X5 such that playback will follow the order listed on the playlist, rather than filename order.
Also, it was rumored from the devs that at some point between 2.03 and now, support for relative pathing of M3U playlists was added. If anyone has the free time and feel like trying again, they may try generating playlists pointing to songs on the TF card from within the TF card (such that they are not EXTM3U playlists and drive letters are excluded from the paths) and see if those now work with the X5.