The Fiio X5 Thread
Apr 7, 2015 at 3:09 AM Post #16,696 of 19,652
Yes, I forgot that to mention that FIIO has significantly improved the wheel on the X3II. Will the X5II have a wheel??

So far no one knows, and if they do they aren't sharing. :mad:

There is surprisingly no info on the X5 II considering FiiO's past interaction on these threads. Perhaps the gong show in the X7 thread has tempered their exuberant sharing policy.

Apr 7, 2015 at 4:08 AM Post #16,697 of 19,652

My two 128 GB cards are 70% full. Shame on you!
rolleyes.gif

I have that beat.  My four 128 gb cards are all at about 80% 
tongue.gif

Apr 7, 2015 at 4:45 AM Post #16,698 of 19,652
So far no one knows, and if they do they aren't sharing.
mad.gif

There is surprisingly no info on the X5 II considering FiiO's past interaction on these threads. Perhaps the gong show in the X7 thread has tempered their exuberant sharing policy.

Yeah, I stopped reading the X7 thread long ago - turned into a bit of a joke. They must be shaking their heads at some of the merde that got posted.

Apr 7, 2015 at 4:55 AM Post #16,699 of 19,652
So far no one knows, and if they do they aren't sharing. :mad:

I think it has more to do with the X5 II not being a new product, but an upgrade/successor of an existing one.

I'm not subscribed to the X7 thread, but now i feel like i'm not missing anything either :wink:

Apr 7, 2015 at 5:03 AM Post #16,700 of 19,652
You might want to ask @Wokei
 about the scroll wheel issue. I inadvertently sold him my X5 with a faulty scroll wheel and he is getting a replacement. Yes, mine was faulty as it happens but I always thought the scroll wheel was cheap compared to the rest of the build quality of the X5. Having said that most people here think it's fine and have had no issues but due to my experience I will be staying away from wheel based FIIO products.

It's all good...Me faith in Fiio business model , price-performance and constant update and interaction with end user are the reason me unwavering support for Fiio products.

As one old mate to another, I thank you for your reply. I'll be wary of other wheel products from them too, that is, unless I hear otherwise. Meanwhile, I'll just put up with it unless it gets much worse, that is.
I did get in touch with Wokei, by the way. We had an amusing interchange too, lol.

Amusing...yes..coffee spitting experience....Me do get your humor..cheers

Apr 7, 2015 at 6:40 AM Post #16,701 of 19,652
I think it has more to do with the X5 II not being a new product, but an upgrade/successor of an existing one.

I'm not subscribed to the X7 thread, but now i feel like i'm not missing anything either :wink:

True. They didn't say much about the X3 II either. I just remember the amount of teasers for the original X3 and then the X5 and now X7 so in my mind it set a precedent for them. Can't blame them, just very VERY curious to know what they are cooking as there are more DAPs coming along.

Apr 7, 2015 at 6:43 AM Post #16,702 of 19,652
I've been away from posting here for a while but am back again. I had a creative burst during the Christmas and Solstice that put some people off, b/c they misunderstood what I was trying to do. It was all rather "anthemic" and poetic and I still think it was pretty good stuff, though admittedly a bit wild, sorry about that!

By the way, I have been enjoying my X5 along with my December receipt of my K10 customs!

I thought your posts on New Year's Eve were absolutely wild and quite entertaining! Glad to see you're back.

You must love the K10's. I've read a lot of positive reviews about them.

Apr 7, 2015 at 7:28 AM Post #16,703 of 19,652
I have been playing with my X5 for a few days now. I really love the sound and build quality, although like others have said, the wheel isn't the best.

I do have a few gripes though. I think the thing that annoys me the most is navigating through artists. I have hundreds of artists to scroll through, so I find it a real pain that there isn't some sort of fast scroll. I think this is something Fiio really need to sort out as I have seen others complain about this also. 

I have it almost setup the way I like, in a way which may seem odd to some people. I have all my music spanned over two 128g cards. I also have portable version of MusicBee on there. So when working on my computer I launch MusicBee off the X5 and have the ability to listen to all my music. I used to carry around a portable HD, but this is so much more convenient and it's awesome to have my whole collection on the go now.

One other gripe I have is about the speed. I have setup MusicBee to export the dynamic playlists I create directly to the device. So for example I have a playlist with all my 5 star tracks. However when loading the playlist it takes an age to finish loading. Not a massive issue but just a bit of pain.

I've only had the device since Friday, so am still getting used to it, but am liking it, minus some of the gripes mentioned above.

Apr 7, 2015 at 9:04 AM Post #16,704 of 19,652
I have been playing with my X5 for a few days now. I really love the sound and build quality, although like others have said, the wheel isn't the best.

I do have a few gripes though. I think the thing that annoys me the most is navigating through artists. I have hundreds of artists to scroll through, so I find it a real pain that there isn't some sort of fast scroll. I think this is something Fiio really need to sort out as I have seen others complain about this also. 

I have it almost setup the way I like, in a way which may seem odd to some people. I have all my music spanned over two 128g cards. I also have portable version of MusicBee on there. So when working on my computer I launch MusicBee off the X5 and have the ability to listen to all my music. I used to carry around a portable HD, but this is so much more convenient and it's awesome to have my whole collection on the go now.

One other gripe I have is about the speed. I have setup MusicBee to export the dynamic playlists I create directly to the device. So for example I have a playlist with all my 5 star tracks. However when loading the playlist it takes an age to finish loading. Not a massive issue but just a bit of pain.

I've only had the device since Friday, so am still getting used to it, but am liking it, minus some of the gripes mentioned above.

Regarding fast scrolling: i still hope FiiO will fix this, but a way to scroll somewhat faster is to use both the button and the scrollwheel.
Another way is to put the device on shuffle, and then scroll when you're closer to the artist you want to play.

Workarounds, not fixes though.

Apr 7, 2015 at 9:16 AM Post #16,705 of 19,652
Another way is to put the device on shuffle, and then scroll when you're closer to the artist you want to play.

A funny advice, but that's what I actually do – as I use shuffle play exclusively. Therefore I would wish faster scrolling in «All songs» mode, too. Organizing the folder structure accordingly is of no use to me in this respect.

Apr 7, 2015 at 9:29 AM Post #16,706 of 19,652
A funny advice, but that's what I actually do – as I use shuffle play exclusively. Therefore I would wish faster scrolling in «All songs» mode, too. Organizing the folder structure accordingly is of no use to me in this respect.

Moving away from itunes made me rethink how i tagged my music.
Even though everything is completely tagged, i could do without just as well.
Yes it gives longer filenames, but it's never out of order either.

Fixed a lot of possible problems for me.

Apr 7, 2015 at 10:16 AM Post #16,707 of 19,652
True. They didn't say much about the X3 II either. I just remember the amount of teasers for the original X3 and then the X5 and now X7 so in my mind it set a precedent for them. Can't blame them, just very VERY curious to know what they are cooking as there are more DAPs coming along.

A touch screen on the X5II might be the go this time utilising all the screen assuming it will be the same size. That's another thing that surprised me. A big screen but only 65% of it actually used.

Apr 7, 2015 at 10:19 AM Post #16,708 of 19,652
A touch screen on the X5II might be the go this time utilising all the screen assuming it will be the same size. That's another thing that surprised me. A big screen but only 65% of it actually used.

If you're talking about the X5, the whole screen is being used.

Apr 7, 2015 at 10:31 AM Post #16,710 of 19,652
Ok let me be more specific.

When I 1st got the X5 and looked at the glass area I just assumed the screen would fill that area and have no borders.

I assumed you thought so. More people did, me included.

I think square screens for music players are the best option though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back