The Fiio X5 Thread
Oct 5, 2014 at 5:09 PM Post #12,858 of 19,652
i am not that young.... but it is true... when i was younger, i really liked loud things... i used to go at full volume whenever i could.... and it really give me tinitus for like 1 or 2 days after... now it is all good... i never get tinitus now, but i rarely go to high volume....

this is a nice advice for everyone, protect your hearing...

and fiio x5 is really capable of outputing a LOT more volume than most of the usual players... so... everybody should be adviced to limit the maximum volume from settings....

also, heart banger, if the problem seems to be coming from the headphone jack,i can only say that you should take it to warranty,... it could be repaired, or you could get a new one.... mostly, your problem seems to be in the unit, and this can be repaired....^_^

Oct 5, 2014 at 5:25 PM Post #12,859 of 19,652
I'm 52 and still like my music the way I like it, though I don't listen as much as I used to in the car. Out of curiosity, what type of volume are others listening to? I'm listening with my Gain on Low and I find myself starting to listen at around 25 which is what I set the Fixed volume at for start. But I'll go up to 60 and probably higher as soon as I'm comfortable that there's not a burn in period on the new IEM's. It's not a matter so much of my hearing I'm concerned about. I just never run any of my equipment at full output. Along the same lines as I wouldn't run an engine at max output for extended periods for fear of breaking something

Oct 5, 2014 at 5:44 PM Post #12,860 of 19,652
I'm 52 and still like my music the way I like it, though I don't listen as much as I used to in the car. Out of curiosity, what type of volume are others listening to? I'm listening with my Gain on Low and I find myself starting to listen at around 25 which is what I set the Fixed volume at for start. But I'll go up to 60 and probably higher as soon as I'm comfortable that there's not a burn in period on the new IEM's. It's not a matter so much of my hearing I'm concerned about. I just never run any of my equipment at full output. Along the same lines as I wouldn't run an engine at max output for extended periods for fear of breaking something

You're really not driving the headphone amp very hard, your ears will complain way before the amp will if you are using IEMs.
You wouldn't even be driving the headphone amp very hard with average headphones.

Oct 5, 2014 at 6:13 PM Post #12,862 of 19,652

I have the X5 always on High Gain, fixed volume at start set on 40.
With my V6S I have it usually around 44. At the moment listening with my PS500 straight out of the X5 at 62.

For burn-in purposes I believe it's best to put the volume (when you don't wear the iem/headphone ofcourse) just a little above normal listening volume. That's the way I always did it at least...

Oct 5, 2014 at 7:28 PM Post #12,865 of 19,652
RIP battery, maybe shoot a quick email of to the good people at fiio, they might send it direct to you with a vid clip on how to do the changeover process.

I have been testing high gain setting; it seems to push voices and bass forward a fair bit, I think it's sounding better in high gain.
But lock the volume people, maybe @ 60, (or you could blow your hearing) or some one may leave it on full volume after having a look at it. (This has happened to me) Ouch.

Oct 5, 2014 at 7:38 PM Post #12,866 of 19,652
Oct 5, 2014 at 8:29 PM Post #12,867 of 19,652
I listen at between 65-75, always on low gain, using Altone200s.  High gain, according to the manufacturer, is for phones that need it.  All else on low.  And, truthfully, high gain to me always sounds too artificial (did on the DX50, too), like really hot eq'ing.  

As for MJ, lots of little boys are safer now.  Of course, their parents can't pimp them out and then collect a million bucks.  
evil_smiley.gif

Got nothing against Kurt, don't really care for his music but he seemed like a decent guy.  

Oct 5, 2014 at 8:46 PM Post #12,869 of 19,652
I updated to 2.2. Followed all the instructions. went to update the media library (I hadn't added anything to the MSD card) and it freezes at file 1087. I go to the website and there are the instructions that tell you:
2. After step 1, pls insert the Micro SD card, and check files via "Browse files"  to find out any problematic files in the Micro SD card, then delete them. 

Okay, how are you supposed to identify "problematic files"? The files weren't problematic in the old FW.

So I can't use the player, it keeps freezing. What?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back