The Fiio X5 Thread
Sep 17, 2014 at 4:14 AM Post #12,481 of 19,652
  they are some microlab solo 7c, they have internal amp on them, they heat a lot.... i am not sure how is their resistance, if the line out has ~600ohm, then, if they don't have a lot of resistance it could shortcircuit them or the x5.... i mean, if you have a generator's resistance very very high, a light resistance on the external circuit makes it shortcircuit, as far as electricity goes, right?.... i am afraid i don't really have where to look for what the jack of the speakers impedance is.... it kind of sounded better with the line out, but now i am using headphone out, due to fear to not shortcircuit them....

You should use line out unless it sounds noticeably awful because the speakers aren't expecting line level (which would be rare and immediately obvious, and you said it sounded better).
Apart from anything, the line out also uses substantially less battery power of the X5 since the power amp isn't running.

Sep 17, 2014 at 8:34 AM Post #12,482 of 19,652
so... anyone can explain to me what is the hole next to the headphone jack, and to what do i use it?...

so far, it seems to output at high gain volume 120.... i thought it was a line out.... but it's output is, very very loud on any headphone or speaker i tried....

It is a line out. A line out is supposed to be loud, to offer the highest S/N ratio. It's "unamplified" in the sense that it would clip or distort under (headphone) load. But I think you were too busy covering your ears to realize that :D

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Sep 17, 2014 at 9:50 AM Post #12,483 of 19,652
Just read a newer review about X5, now asking myself, if I am the only one, that received a solid black silicon instead of a semi-transparent silicone case?
Alway wondered, why the charging LED doesn't make sense, when using the case 
biggrin.gif

Sep 17, 2014 at 9:52 AM Post #12,484 of 19,652
  Just read a newer review about X5, now asking myself, if I am the only one, that received a solid black silicon instead of a semi-transparent silicone case?
Alway wondered, why the charging LED doesn't make sense, when using the case 
biggrin.gif

u r not the only one.  Mine is black too.

Sep 17, 2014 at 11:13 AM Post #12,486 of 19,652
Thats sad to hear :|
I would have liked the semi-transaprent one a lot more. Just to reveal more of the beauty of X5 :)
Nevertheless, it's damn nice to have a well-working protection out of the box! (same goes for the screen-protectors, even more for the pre-installed one)

Sep 17, 2014 at 11:26 AM Post #12,487 of 19,652
Hi, I'm considering upgrading from my X3.  I'm wondering if anyone has playback problems with the X5.  My X3 freezes on certain albums/tracks (which play just fine from my desktop rig) and sometimes skips to the next track on some songs.  I'm also considering a DX90 which has the benefit of swappable batteries but has less potential storage than the X5.

Sep 17, 2014 at 12:19 PM Post #12,489 of 19,652
nooo its now a black case :frowning2: . I very much prefer a semi transparent one, as a black case will make everything look rather dull and dark, with the scroll wheel being black already.

Sep 17, 2014 at 4:11 PM Post #12,492 of 19,652
  ^Thanks for that, I'll definitely get one.

What transfer rates are you guys getting? When I used the USB-MicroSD thingy I'm only getting 9-14mb/s, about the same as plugging in the X5 directly with a MicroSD in it if I remember correctly

I haven't measured any transfer rates, but it plays large DSD files gapless with no jitters at all. As long as it does that, I'm not worried about speed, more about battery  :)

Sep 17, 2014 at 10:59 PM Post #12,493 of 19,652
It is a line out. A line out is supposed to be loud, to offer the highest S/N ratio. It's "unamplified" in the sense that it would clip or distort under (headphone) load. But I think you were too busy covering your ears to realize that
biggrin.gif

My T50 sounds identical on the line out and the headphone out at 100 volume. The volume of the line out is decent for planar like the T50 or the HE500.

I recognized that an enabled equalizer is also active on the line out. The eq unfortunately work with decreasing the overall volume. This results in lower line out volume.

Sep 17, 2014 at 11:18 PM Post #12,494 of 19,652
Alright I just got my new X5 in the mail today and I've updated the firmware to version 2.2 and it says it supports playlist files. I've updated my media library but when I go to "Play By Category" and i click on "Playlists", none of my .m3u playlists show up. I'm currently using MediaMonkey to sync my music. Everything else works fine.

Sep 17, 2014 at 11:27 PM Post #12,495 of 19,652
For playlists, I've always found them in the file manager and played them that route.  I could be wrong, but I think the playlist category might be for playlists made on the X5.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back