The Fiio X5 Thread
Sep 8, 2014 at 10:48 PM Post #12,376 of 19,652
Sensitivity of 98db, I would say you don't need the additional power

Sep 9, 2014 at 12:03 AM Post #12,378 of 19,652
I have been listen to my X5 E12DIY Shure SE535 setup for a couple of days now and all I can say is WOW! I know for certain the phones do not need the amp but I also know for certain that the E12DIY amp smokes the internal headphone amp. I haven't even tried to play with the changeable parts yet. WOW! And then WOW! Today I realized I have $350 player, a $250 amp, and $400 headphones and $200 in memory cards. I suppose it should be WOW. I am very happy it is.

Sep 9, 2014 at 12:36 AM Post #12,381 of 19,652
I have been listen to my X5 E12DIY Shure SE535 setup for a couple of days now and all I can say is WOW! I know for certain the phones do not need the amp but I also know for certain that the E12DIY amp smokes the internal headphone amp. I haven't even tried to play with the changeable parts yet. WOW! And then WOW! Today I realized I have $350 player, a $250 amp, and $400 headphones and $200 in memory cards. I suppose it should be WOW. I am very happy it is.

WOW at how much you spent on your portable rig or at its SQ? :p

Sep 9, 2014 at 3:52 AM Post #12,383 of 19,652
Just want to ask if anyone experiences this in their X5, when I copy a file of song in my mac pro there always a duplicate song appearing in the folder and at the browse folder there are new folder both in TF 1 and TF 2 the folder are as follows:

.spotlight-V100
.trashes

Is this a virus or Am I doing it wrong??? but the song i copied was playing.

The song folder shows like this:

01. upsidedown.flac
_01 upsidedown.flac (but this cannot play it say not supported)
02 broken.flac
_02 broken.flac ( again this one is not supported not playing)

Your input are highly appreciated!

but the song 

Sep 9, 2014 at 4:05 AM Post #12,384 of 19,652
Just want to ask if anyone experiences this in their X5, when I copy a file of song in my mac pro there always a duplicate song appearing in the folder and at the browse folder there are new folder both in TF 1 and TF 2 the folder are as follows:

.spotlight-V100
.trashes

Is this a virus or Am I doing it wrong??? but the song i copied was playing.

The song folder shows like this:

01. upsidedown.flac
_01 upsidedown.flac (but this cannot play it say not supported)
02 broken.flac
_02 broken.flac ( again this one is not supported not playing)

Your input are highly appreciated!

but the song 

I am also on a Mac and there is nothing to worry about, the files on your cards are put there by Mac OSX.

There is a small free app called Eject For Windows that will clean these files and eject the card at the same time, here is a link to it

http://www011.upp.so-net.ne.jp/decafish/EjectForWindows/EjectForWindowsE.html

Let us know if all is okay after using the app.

Sep 9, 2014 at 4:28 AM Post #12,385 of 19,652
I am also on a Mac and there is nothing to worry about, the files on your cards are put there by Mac OSX.

There is a small free app called Eject For Windows that will clean these files and eject the card at the same time, here is a link to it

http://www011.upp.so-net.ne.jp/decafish/EjectForWindows/EjectForWindowsE.html

Let us know if all is okay after using the app.

Thanks for the app but i think I done it wrong I cannot find the TF 1 and TF 2 in the finder coz I drag and drop it at the eject for window then it Disappear how can I regain it? thus my procedure is right thanks again!

Sep 9, 2014 at 4:35 AM Post #12,386 of 19,652
Thanks for the app but i think I done it wrong I cannot find the TF 1 and TF 2 in the finder coz I drag and drop it at the eject for window then it Disappear how can I regain it? thus my procedure is right thanks again!

In order to mount the cards again.

After you have used the app you have to disconnect the X5 and wait a few seconds then plug it in again. You should then see the cards in Finder.

Sep 9, 2014 at 8:02 AM Post #12,390 of 19,652
Has anyone compared the Meier Audio 2Stepdance and E12DIY with the X5? With the 2Stepdance it sounds fine, but it's kind of a brick. So I was wondering if the E12DIY would be a better match soundwise?
basic e12 adds more base. Minimizes clearity... I would lik to see if I could get better clarity out of the diy model

clarity nnighrmare out of a diy...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back