The Fiio X5 Thread
Jun 30, 2014 at 8:27 AM Post #10,711 of 19,652
....I have issues with the X5.... It must be the card, allthough it does play other files fine.

You betcha....

Have you tested your Kingston SD card with a Memory Test App???  If not, now you must. Always test new cards BEFORE you load them to make sure they are good. The App will verify the memory by writing and then reading back every GB and report the results to you. Yes, it takes some time so expect that.

H2TESTW

Jun 30, 2014 at 9:28 AM Post #10,712 of 19,652
There were two separate aspects to the post I quoted, and in turn you quoted from me...

I was referring to, as you'll see above, the click the player emits at start-up.

As others have said, the click is just a protection circuit, no? And the first 2-3 second song skip he's talking about was fixed in 2.02b and 2.03b. The player still takes 2-3 seconds to play the first track after powering up, but it begins at the start of the song, rather than 2-3 seconds in.

Jun 30, 2014 at 9:36 AM Post #10,713 of 19,652

You betcha....

Have you tested your Kingston SD card with a Memory Test App???  If not, now you must. Always test new cards BEFORE you load them to make sure they are good. The App will verify the memory by writing and then reading back every GB and report the results to you. Yes, it takes some time so expect that.

H2TESTW

Thanks Burtomr. I'll run the test when I'm home. Maybe it's a fake card, I bought it from a private person of a dutch trading website (Marktplaats.nl)

Jun 30, 2014 at 12:20 PM Post #10,716 of 19,652

As others have said, the click is just a protection circuit, no? And the first 2-3 second song skip he's talking about was fixed in 2.02b and 2.03b. The player still takes 2-3 seconds to play the first track after powering up, but it begins at the start of the song, rather than 2-3 seconds in.

I've just upgraded to 2.03b, although I don't like to beta test firmwares. You are right, that bug is now gone. Thanks!

Jun 30, 2014 at 12:23 PM Post #10,717 of 19,652
There were two separate aspects to the post I quoted, and in turn you quoted from me...

I was referring to, as you'll see above, the click the player emits at start-up.

My bad. Misquotation.

Bug solved with 2.03b firmware, BTW.

Jul 1, 2014 at 9:36 AM Post #10,722 of 19,652
If someone else had joined me, I would have ordered my GS-X mk2 in orange too. You need two for a specialty front panel but there were no takers.

I love orange. It's not for everyone...  :wink:

And yes, the X5 + Pico Power really does sound good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back