The Fiio X5 Thread
May 25, 2014 at 1:11 PM Post #9,736 of 19,652
Bought the x5 yesterday, its the Japanese Edition so it was a pretty penny, but Im loving it so far!

Quick question to the Fiios Reps: Do one of you know when the hs6 will be available to purchase in Japan?

May 25, 2014 at 1:31 PM Post #9,737 of 19,652
any idea what causes the updating of media library to freeze when doing manual updating?

I just added tons of songs and it just freeze at the "No 1538", don't tell me I have to remove 1 by 1 to check which one causing the problem? 

May 25, 2014 at 1:56 PM Post #9,738 of 19,652
  any idea what causes the updating of media library to freeze when doing manual updating?

I just added tons of songs and it just freeze at the "No 1538", don't tell me I have to remove 1 by 1 to check which one causing the problem? 

Are you using two mSD cards?
Did you format the card in the X5?

May 25, 2014 at 3:07 PM Post #9,739 of 19,652
Agreed, but even well respected brands have had issues when not formatted with the device.
wink.gif

X3 and X5 both have had their share of this and pretty much every time (aside from messed up tags, files, and artwork) the solution was to format the cards with the player. Super easy to troubleshoot as well, should be #1 on the list of things to do.

OK and thanks for your input.  I admit to being sceptical; I figured fat32 is fat32, but I saved all my music to my computer and formatted both cards in the X5 then re-copied all my files back to the respective cards (a tiresomely slow process).  So far I have not experienced any playback issues with the 192 and 96 24 bit files that were troublesome before.  I still wonder why this problem may have appeared over time; initially there was not an issue  with this non X5 fat 32 format.  I wonder whether the fact that I added and moved some folders from card to card could be a factor?  Now that I have re-formatted and re-copied I assume all the files are contiguous, perhaps that might help with playback?

May 25, 2014 at 3:21 PM Post #9,741 of 19,652
Sorry if it was mentioned before, I didn't feel like checking the whole thread, but is it possible to use the apple poweradapter to charge the X5? Or will I blow it?

I use my iPad charger for the X5 with no problems.

May 25, 2014 at 3:22 PM Post #9,742 of 19,652
I have just noticed that I'm in the 100 club. :blush:

May 25, 2014 at 3:44 PM Post #9,743 of 19,652
  Sorry if it was mentioned before, I didn't feel like checking the whole thread, but is it possible to use the apple poweradapter to charge the X5? Or will I blow it?

It will blow out of joy! The X5 battery is large enough to take the load. I use the iPad charger (5V, 10 Watts) for all of my daps and so far none of them have blown up 
wink.gif
. The big payoff the battery charges in record time. You can also use the iPhone one but it will be slower charging because of being of a less power output (5V, 5 Watts) takes lets say twice as long 
biggrin.gif

I have just noticed that I'm in the 100 club. :blush:

Welcome to the head-fi gossiper club 100+. 
beerchug.gif

May 25, 2014 at 4:01 PM Post #9,744 of 19,652
It will blow out of joy! The X5 battery is large enough to take the load. I use the iPad charger (5V, 10 Watts) for all of my daps and so far none of them have blown up :wink: . The big payoff the battery charges in record time. You can also use the iPhone one but it will be slower charging because of being of a less power output (5V, 5 Watts) takes lets say twice as long :D .

Welcome to the head-fi gossiper club 100+. :beerchug:  

Many thanks to you my friend and all the other very helpful people here.

May 25, 2014 at 4:05 PM Post #9,746 of 19,652
I still wonder why this problem may have appeared over time; initially there was not an issue  with this non X5 fat 32 format. 

Solid state storage devices are an exercise in chaos theory. They are engineered for redundancy because bits gradually corrupt over time. There's nothing you can do to fight the chaos of the universe, sorry. 

May 25, 2014 at 4:06 PM Post #9,747 of 19,652
Nice achievement! I hope I can reach that benchmark soon!

Just ask anything you want to no matter how silly you think it might be, as all the people here are great and very helpful.

May 25, 2014 at 4:17 PM Post #9,749 of 19,652
Hey searchy

If it's not too much problem for you - can you please just post in the default font (I'm honestly not sure why you insist in using a much larger font).  Your posts are always too large on screen - and it plays havoc when viewing on a mobile device.  Thanks in advance.

May 25, 2014 at 4:33 PM Post #9,750 of 19,652
OK and thanks for your input.  I admit to being sceptical; I figured fat32 is fat32, but I saved all my music to my computer and formatted both cards in the X5 then re-copied all my files back to the respective cards (a tiresomely slow process).  So far I have not experienced any play back issues with the 192 and 96 24 bit files that were troublesome before.  I still wonder why this problem may have appeared over time; initially there was not an issue  with this non X5 fat 32 format.  I wonder whether the fact that I added and moved some folders from card to card could be a factor?  Now that I have re-formatted and re-copied I assume all the files are contiguous, perhaps that might help with payback?

Glad you got it going! :D

My best guess would be, as I hinted earlier, the allocation unit size. There is always a trade off between space and speed when formatting a drive. For example, an allocation unit size of 512kb (less space used for data) will be much slower than an allocation unit size of 4096kb (more 'slack' for reasonable operating speed). I'm not a computer tech wiz or anything, just my observations when formatting drives. As the card fills up there's less performance 'wiggle room'.

The X3 went through soooo many growing pains simply because everyone had to format their cards with their own software. That's the reason the Fiio devices come with the proper format tool installed.

I just hope other new users can search the thread, read this and follow the advice. If problems still occur then troubleshooting can be focused on the files, tags, and artwork. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back