The Fiio X5 Thread
May 25, 2014 at 5:33 PM Post #9,751 of 19,652
  any idea what causes the updating of media library to freeze when doing manual updating?

I just added tons of songs and it just freeze at the "No 1538", don't tell me I have to remove 1 by 1 to check which one causing the problem? 

Is the update icon wheel still spinning? This happened to me recently and was some dodgy artwork.

I found the file by looking one-by-one at the tracks I'd just added, but I only had about 10 new files. What might help though is opening the card contents in your file explorer (Windows / Mac) and do a wildcard search (*.* in windows). If you then sort the results by file path you will see roughly the order the X5 scans in I think. Count down to around 1500 tracks (not including folders) and look for new tracks in that area (1500-1600) that might be the culprit. Check tags of new files one-by-one to find irregular tags or artwork.

Hope this makes sense.

May 25, 2014 at 5:38 PM Post #9,752 of 19,652

Is the update icon wheel still spinning? This happened to me recently and was some dodgy artwork.

I found the file by looking one-by-one at the tracks I'd just added, but I only had about 10 new files. What might help though is opening the card contents in your file explorer (Windows / Mac) and do a wildcard search (*.* in windows). If you then sort the results by file path you will see roughly the order the X5 scans in I think. Count down to around 1500 tracks (not including folders) and look for new tracks in that area (1500-1600) that might be the culprit. Check tags of new files one-by-one to find irregular tags or artwork.

Hope this makes sense.

I had the exact same problem and counting down didn't work for me. 50% of the times I tried to scan the library after resetting the device, it stopped at different track number. I suggest you to remove some albums and update every time the library, if you're lucky enough it may only take 1 hour or two. In my case it was a m4a file downloaded from the web.

May 25, 2014 at 5:41 PM Post #9,753 of 19,652

I had the exact same problem and counting down didn't work for me. 50% of the times I tried to scan the library after resetting the device, it stopped at different track number. I suggest you to remove some albums and update every time the library, if you're lucky enough it may only take 1 hour or two. In my case it was a m4a file downloaded from the web.

Good point. My issue was consistently at the same number.

May 25, 2014 at 6:22 PM Post #9,754 of 19,652

The logical way is to split in half and depending whether good or bad split in half again. You'll find the dodgy file in minutes, not hours.

May 25, 2014 at 6:46 PM Post #9,755 of 19,652
Sorry if it was mentioned before, I didn't feel like checking the whole thread, but is it possible to use the apple poweradapter to charge the X5? Or will I blow it?

Depends on which Apple power adapter you're referring to. iPhone, iPad & iPod adapters are ok. Macbook adapters are not.

Basically any 5V adapter should do. Preferably 2A. A lower amperage will just result in slower charging of your X5.

May 25, 2014 at 6:49 PM Post #9,756 of 19,652
The logical way is to split in half and depending whether good or bad split in half again. You'll find the dodgy file in minutes, not hours.

Great advice.

May 25, 2014 at 8:20 PM Post #9,759 of 19,652
Do not even try to buy an iBasso DX90, things are worse there.

Um, do you have an iBasso DX90? I do. I also have a Fiio X5. I think they're both great DAPs with a similar level of new-player bugginess that both companies are working hard to address. Just don't want people being misinformed about severity of bugginess with either player or developing any kind of us vs. them mentality.

May 25, 2014 at 9:39 PM Post #9,761 of 19,652
Heyy guys, i noticed some of you have this issue with library update with buggy files, well i would just like to share my experience on how I found those buggy files. When you update the library, and it freezes, remember number that it freezes at. Basically if you go down the list of all files, following the folders in alphabetical order, when you reach the track with that number thats roughly where the buggy file is :)

May 25, 2014 at 9:59 PM Post #9,762 of 19,652
Are you using two mSD cards?
Did you format the card in the X5?

Nope I using one, I did format the card with x5.

Hope this makes sense.

Nope it doesn't spin when it scan track no: 1538. Last time I did that when I had a few songs added but now I had added about 100 songs. It will be very troublesome to check them one by one.

Heyy guys, i noticed some of you have this issue with library update with buggy files, well i would just like to share my experience on how I found those buggy files. When you update the library, and it freezes, remember number that it freezes at. Basically if you go down the list of all files, following the folders in alphabetical order, when you reach the track with that number thats roughly where the buggy file is :)

Alright let me go check it out! Thanks dude!

May 25, 2014 at 10:16 PM Post #9,764 of 19,652
Heyy guys, i noticed some of you have this issue with library update with buggy files, well i would just like to share my experience on how I found those buggy files. When you update the library, and it freezes, remember number that it freezes at. Basically if you go down the list of all files, following the folders in alphabetical order, when you reach the track with that number thats roughly where the buggy file is
smily_headphones1.gif

Dude, the method you mentioned. Is based on the new files that we updated? How do you executed this method? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back