The Fiio X5 Thread
May 12, 2014 at 11:15 AM Post #9,136 of 19,652
Anyone found that the X5 wakes from sleep when it's in your pocket while listening to music?  I was listening to Johnny Cash and suddenly "25 minutes to go" went from "10 minutes to go" back to "19 minutes to go".  I pulled the X5 from my pocket and the screen was on, so obviously it'd been woken somehow, and I was pressing the buttons with my leg.

May 12, 2014 at 11:17 AM Post #9,137 of 19,652
Anyone found that the X5 wakes from sleep when it's in your pocket while listening to music?  I was listening to Johnny Cash and suddenly "25 minutes to go" went from "10 minutes to go" back to "19 minutes to go".  I pulled the X5 from my pocket and the screen was on, so obviously it'd been woken somehow, and I was pressing the buttons with my leg.

Yeah it's the play/pause button in the center of the wheel.

If you press it long enough it'll unlock the screen. On both lockscreen settings.

May 12, 2014 at 11:18 AM Post #9,138 of 19,652

How do you use iTunes to embed the art in files in albums ripped from CD's.  I couldn't figure it out.  I upgraded to the X5 from using an iPhone and am new to working outside the apple universe.

Any help would be appreciated.

I don't believe iTunes embeds art within files.  It adds them to an image folder on your computer, and just pulls them up as necessary.  I imagine album art shows up on iPods and iPhones because iTunes copies the appropriate files across during the sync.

I recommend XLD for adding art during the ripping process.  I've never tried to add art after the fact so can't advise there.  I can say that I've had no problem with album art at all on the X5, using this method.

May 12, 2014 at 11:43 AM Post #9,139 of 19,652
Yeah it's the play/pause button in the center of the wheel.

If you press it long enough it'll unlock the screen. On both lockscreen settings.

Hm, that's not in the PDF manual I downloaded from their site, though it may be in the paper guide they provided in the box.

Either way, that needs to be fixed, and fast.  What a strange design choice - why would you need two buttons providing the same function?  It's not as though I'm going to be too lazy to stretch the extra 2.5in to press the sleep/wake button on the top.

May 12, 2014 at 11:46 AM Post #9,140 of 19,652
Hm, that's not in the PDF manual I downloaded from their site, though it may be in the paper guide they provided in the box.

Either way, that needs to be fixed, and fast.  What a strange design choice - why would you need two buttons providing the same function?  It's not as though I'm going to be too lazy to stretch the extra 2.5in to press the sleep/wake button on the top.

I agree.

Please vote for this here: https://app.devzing.com/FiiO/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=93

May 12, 2014 at 12:17 PM Post #9,141 of 19,652
I agree.

Please vote for this here: https://app.devzing.com/FiiO/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=93

Done.

https://app.devzing.com/FiiO/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=38

Before you get too down on the rest of us for having different priorities than you, you might want to read the bug list more carefully.

That one was even posted by Joe himself. They know about it, and are working on it.

I accept I may not have looked too closely at the Bugzilla list before describing my issue here.  For that I apologise.  However, I think having Playlist creation above this issue in the User Interface bug list is still an odd and unwelcome state of affairs.  There are far, far more pressing matters that require attention:

Bug 78 - Display the track title in the All songs view instead of the file name.
   (This one should actually be expanded to refer to everywhere in the GUI, not just the All Songs view)

Bug 93 - Lock screen function
   (This one refers to the fact the centre button wakes the X5 when in our pockets, causing all the buttons to become active and interfere with playback)

Bug 89 - Turn off the display while charging.

Bug 154 - Ability to Pause/Play current track from anywhere in the menu/filesystem/track hierarchy

I mean, for Goodness sake, scrobbling to Last.fm has received 14 votes…

May 12, 2014 at 12:23 PM Post #9,142 of 19,652
  I accept I may not have looked too closely at the Bugzilla list before describing my issue here.  For that I apologise.  However, I think having Playlist creation above this issue in the User Interface bug list is still an odd and unwelcome state of affairs.  There are far, far more pressing matters that require attention:

Bug 78 - Display the track title in the All songs view instead of the file name.
   (This one should actually be expanded to refer to everywhere in the GUI, not just the All Songs view)

Bug 93 - Lock screen function
   (This one refers to the fact the centre button wakes the X5 when in our pockets, causing all the buttons to become active and interfere with playback)

Bug 89 - Turn off the display while charging.

Bug 154 - Ability to Pause/Play current track from anywhere in the menu/filesystem/track hierarchy

I mean, for Goodness sake, scrobbling to Last.fm has received 14 votes…

We're all allowed to have different notions of which features and fixes are more pressing. There's a lot of bellyaching going on about minor UI issues and button functions that simply aren't much of an issue for me personally. In much the same way that you might not use Last.fm, others of us might not wear the X5 in a pocket and therefore not experience the problems with accidental button presses. That's what the voting system is there to resolve; it's democratic.

As it is, the Bugzilla list is already getting messy, with several bugs having duplicate entries made by folks who didn't really look at the list before posting. That complicates things for Joe and the other guys at FiiO, and creates extra work for everybody. It would be helpful overall if everybody would give it a more careful look-over before commenting, voting and submitting.

May 12, 2014 at 12:26 PM Post #9,143 of 19,652
  sorry for the amp blocking too much trouble to remove it after i put it back perfectly lol so here are somemore pictures :)

im sure someone with good shop skills can do a better job than me lol

I love what you did with the rubber bands on the amp to prevent both devices from rubbing together.

The small round dots provided with my E12-DIY are moving around way too much leaving glue all over the chassis of the amp.

May 12, 2014 at 1:27 PM Post #9,145 of 19,652
I love what you did with the rubber bands on the amp to prevent both devices from rubbing together.

The small round dots provided with my E12-DIY are moving around way too much leaving glue all over the chassis of the amp.

well use the 3m velcro strips? :)

Or use the rubber bands provided with the E12DIY :wink:

May 12, 2014 at 1:28 PM Post #9,146 of 19,652
  well use the 3m velcro strips? :)

The thing I don't like with velcro strips is when you use either of the device alone, they look like they're missing something. Also, velcro don't have the same look as rubber feet or rubber bands (that can be removed without leaving glue).

May 12, 2014 at 1:33 PM Post #9,147 of 19,652
  The thing I don't like with velcro strips is when you use either of the device alone, they look like they're missing something. Also, velcro don't have the same look as rubber feet or rubber bands (that can be removed without leaving glue).

i got the perfect idea for u since the clear cases cost about SGD$3 which is about US$2 each, get 2? one with velcro strips when u rubberband your amp together and the other plain so that u dont have to see the velcro haha

swap between the 2 as u please :) tbh one of the red rubberbands is to act as a "dust cover" for my e12's charging port :)

May 12, 2014 at 1:37 PM Post #9,148 of 19,652
  i got the perfect idea for u since the clear cases cost about SGD$3 which is about US$2 each, get 2? one with velcro strips when u rubberband your amp together and the other plain so that u dont have to see the velcro haha

swap between the 2 as u please :)

It's a great idea. However, I do prefer the use of the rubber bands provided with the E12-DIY. It will prevent me from buying another plastic case (that I would need to have shipped) as well as 3M velcro tape and with the rubber bands(that I already have) I'm sure that the amp and DAP are not moving around too much.

May 12, 2014 at 1:47 PM Post #9,149 of 19,652
Can anyone help? I've just put in 2 x 128gb microsd cards I have filled these up with mainly flac files & some mp3 files. I updated library with no cards in my x5, just to update the database correctly. I then put in the cards & then scanned them. It scanned 5800 files but some or all of the mp3's don't show in the library. However if I look under file browser then the mp3's are accessible. Any suggestions?

May 12, 2014 at 1:50 PM Post #9,150 of 19,652

It's a great idea. However, I do prefer the use of the rubber bands provided with the E12-DIY. It will prevent me from buying another plastic case (that I would need to have shipped) as well as 3M velcro tape and with the rubber bands(that I already have) I'm sure that the amp and DAP are not moving around too much.

ok then, hope it works out for ya :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back