The Fiio X5 Thread
May 6, 2014 at 7:16 AM Post #8,717 of 19,652
I don't understand what that means "red lashing" FW 2.0? I have updated to FW 2.0 and have started to encounter this problem, which has become increasingly more frequent to the point that it's about 90% of the time I play albums the tracks start skipping, turning it off and back on does not solve it any longer.

-Where was your card formatted, on the X5 or elsewhere? (formatting the card in the X5 may make things better)
-What format is it in, FAT32 or?
-What brand of card are you using and where did you buy it from?

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
May 6, 2014 at 7:51 AM Post #8,718 of 19,652
  On the contrary...2.0 seems to have eaten up the bass from my X5

Same here. On 2.0 the sound is much clearer or maybe more neutral, but also feels lighter with less bass and less warmth and often the X5 "screams" ab bit in to my ears...

Tried it on headphone out and with different amps on lineout too. For getting sure, I switched several times between the 1.2 and the 2.0, always with the same result...

Greetings!

May 6, 2014 at 7:55 AM Post #8,719 of 19,652
May 6, 2014 at 8:19 AM Post #8,721 of 19,652
HS6 stacking kit

One short question: Does the HS6 stacking kit also fit the X5, when the original silicon-sleeve, which is delivered with, is on the player?

Thanks for answering!

:wink:
No.

:)

May 6, 2014 at 9:17 AM Post #8,722 of 19,652
The volume/skip track combo makes sense with lockscreen 1 but not with lockscreen 2. Just an opinion :)

Quote:

Yes - it's a feature that some like and some don't. I personally love it, but understand others' perpectives too

May 6, 2014 at 9:20 AM Post #8,723 of 19,652
Yup.. makes sense especially coming from an iDevice. Apple used tags but the C5 uses actual filenames.
Only option I can see is to remane the files.  I had to do about 1500 files on my card.  If you're on a Mac, get Better Remane 9 or something like that (in app store) and you can actually bulk remove the first 3 characters.  Tons of options for renaming.  I'm sure there's something like that for Windows.

Quote:
  I finally got around to updating to 2.0 and adding some really nice sounding FLAC files to my X5. I have a question about the way things are displayed with FLAC tags though.  My stuff is tagged correctly as verified by MP3Tag and everything shows up correctly on the now playing screen of the X5.  My question is, when browsing my songs either through the "now playing" section of the "browse files" section, all of the songs are listed by the name of the file with the .flac extension and not by their tag information.  What I mean is that when I'm browsing on something like an iPhone I'm used to the songs being listed using the tag info so for example a song list for a given album would look something like:

Warehouse
Granny
Bartender

and on the X5 it seems to not display the songs when browsing that way and instead it looks something like:

01 - Warehouse.flac
02 - Granny.flac
03 - Bartender.flac

Is there a way for things to be viewed with song title pulled from the tags only instead of with the file extensions?  Thanks in advance and I apologize if this didn't make much sense.

May 6, 2014 at 10:14 AM Post #8,724 of 19,652

MP3tag.

The way i name them, which works in chronological order per artist:

%Artist% - %year% - %album% %discnumber%$num(%track%,2) - %trackname%

Which creates the following:

Pink Floyd - 1973 - the Dark Side of the Moon - 104 - Time.flac

It's a long filename, but it works.

May 6, 2014 at 10:29 AM Post #8,725 of 19,652
Gah! Mine seems to crash a lot! Default firmware, 2.0 official and 1.23 beta all crashed on me. Roughly 10 crashes since I got it 3 days ago. If it crashes on 1.2 (IT JUST CRASHED AGAIN while I'm typing this WTH!!!) I'll contact Fiio for a replacement since I'm sure it will take forever, what with the limited supplies. God dammit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 6, 2014 at 10:31 AM Post #8,726 of 19,652
Gah! Mine seems to crash a lot! Default firmware, 2.0 official and 1.23 beta all crashed on me. Roughly 10 crashes since I got it 3 days ago. If it crashes on 1.2 (IT JUST CRASHED AGAIN while I'm typing this WTH!!!) I'll contact Fiio for a replacement since I'm sure it will take forever, what with the limited supplies. God dammit!

That really sucks. Are you playing normal flac files, or hi-res, or anything else out of the ordinary?

May 6, 2014 at 10:35 AM Post #8,727 of 19,652
Just a mix of 320 mp3, alac, few flac and wav's. I have some 32bit wav on there but was never playing those at the time of the crash. Funny part is the crash mostly happens with the device in my pocket screen off untouched just playing music from a folder. Contacting fiio now

May 6, 2014 at 10:58 AM Post #8,729 of 19,652
The only other possibility I could think of besides defective unit is possibly bad sectors on the Kingston Class10 64GB MicroSD which I find hard to believe as it is three days old, as my X5. I will be error checking it with multiple tools shortly. I can't even reproduce the crash while playing the last song it crashed on...

May 6, 2014 at 11:24 AM Post #8,730 of 19,652
The only other possibility I could think of besides defective unit is possibly bad sectors on the Kingston Class10 64GB MicroSD which I find hard to believe as it is three days old, as my X5. I will be error checking it with multiple tools shortly. I can't even reproduce the crash while playing the last song it crashed on...

And you did format that card within X5? Any problems I had stopped as soon as card was formatted within unit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back