The Fiio X5 Thread
May 2, 2014 at 10:57 AM Post #8,357 of 19,652
  I have a quick question for all X5 owner (or anyone that saw the silicone case).

When I received my X5 I was surprised to see that the silicone case was black. What I mean is that it was as black as any black silicone product I ever seen. The reason for my surprise was that every picture I saw depicted the sillicone case as charcoal. Now, this could all be about the lighting on those pictures but I wanted to ask anyone that came in contact with it to confirm that I am not going nuts.

To be honest, the "charcoal" silicone case was a downside for me as I would've preferred it black... 
cool.gif

Mine was charcoal.  Received two weeks ago from MP4Nation.

May 2, 2014 at 10:59 AM Post #8,358 of 19,652
I'm seeing more people mention some harshness in the sound of the X5 - I had the same experience during the tour (though not with every album), so I'm wondering if anybody can pinpoint the part of the frequency where this is occurring...(perhaps somebody has some devices or software for measurement purposes handy) Has anybody had the same experience with unquestionably warm iems/headphones?

May 2, 2014 at 11:27 AM Post #8,363 of 19,652
I can confirm that an SSD can be seen / self powered via OTG on FW2.0...

However, I am not able to put any music on it until I get home, so - right this minute, I'm not sure where it actually comes up (as is not on the 'about X5' tab) to view albums / play...

Now, short of having a 'mega-stack', I have to decide if I want the E12, or the SSD alongside the X5 (both the SSD enclosure and the E12 are practically identically sized) on any given journey...

May 2, 2014 at 11:28 AM Post #8,364 of 19,652
I have a quick question for all X5 owner (or anyone that saw the silicone case).

When I received my X5 I was surprised to see that the silicone case was black. What I mean is that it was as black as any black silicone product I ever seen. The reason for my surprise was that every picture I saw depicted the sillicone case as charcoal. Now, this could all be about the lighting on those pictures but I wanted to ask anyone that came in contact with it to confirm that I am not going nuts.

To be honest, the "charcoal" silicone case was a downside for me as I would've preferred it black... :cool:

Mine is black and purchased from EA Audio UK

May 2, 2014 at 11:32 AM Post #8,365 of 19,652
  I'm seeing more people mention some harshness in the sound of the X5 - I had the same experience during the tour (though not with every album), so I'm wondering if anybody can pinpoint the part of the frequency where this is occurring...(perhaps somebody has some devices or software for measurement purposes handy) Has anybody had the same experience with unquestionably warm iems/headphones?

Also me - using the X5 (and also the X3) often with Sonys MDR 7520 or the Z1000, which are both more on the warm side (but really sensitiv in DAC/Amp things...). Out of the headphone-out I´m not able to listen more than a few minutes; this is not what I want.

At the line-out, with f.e. a RSA Shadow it sounds much better and relaxter without losing texture or transparency. 

May 2, 2014 at 11:33 AM Post #8,367 of 19,652
<rant>

Folks,

Maybe it is only my perception, but we seem to be getting a lot of repeat questions for easy tasks (format cards, upgrade firmware, install USB drivers) that are easily answered if you take the time to read the User Guide.

I work in tech support & this is the biggest pet peeve out there; people don't take the time to learn the products they purchase.

The X5 User Guide, along with the X5 2.0 firmware & USB driver can be downloaded from here:

http://fiio.com.cn/support/download.aspx

Learn what your X5 is capable of & how to use it, it will probably save you a lot of frustration in the long run.

</rant>

May 2, 2014 at 11:45 AM Post #8,368 of 19,652
Mine is black and purchased from EA Audio UK

Likewise, purchased from the same place, however - I can see how, quite easily, depending on light levels, that this case could look 'charcoal', so - if it is that important regarding the colour, expect darker rather than lighter (unless you have extreme levels of sun where you are, so - not likely in the UK! - whereas it will look a bit lighter).

May 2, 2014 at 11:47 AM Post #8,369 of 19,652
Just had a quick look at the enhancement request for replaygain only 26 votes! 
Out of all the units sold is this really only a problem for a handful of people,  I have a microscopic library compared to many on here and it bugs me you guys must know something I don't (I do know where the volume control is though :) )

Arcright 

May 2, 2014 at 11:51 AM Post #8,370 of 19,652
This is a known issue, the digital signal processing demand scales proportionally with sample rate on both the decoding side and equalizing side and the demand is too high for both to be implemented above 48kHz. I do not know whether this can be addressed in the future.

@Joe Bloggs,

Just wondering if the option to manually enable/disable the EQ functionality for higher sample rate files can be added. That way we can try to implement it at our own risk to see if we can find a combination that works for us.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back