The Fiio X5 Thread
Apr 24, 2014 at 3:59 PM Post #7,591 of 19,652
  You're in trouble; I was laughing at the joke and my pants caught on fire. 
evil_smiley.gif

Your pants caught on fire?  Not sure if it's the bible or you met my promiscuous ex-girlfriend.  

I know you pain man.....I know your pain..... 

How did this conversation get here.....we may never know....

Apr 24, 2014 at 3:59 PM Post #7,592 of 19,652
Sorry, but even if you'd reply in Dutch I wouldn't understand what it means :blink:  
Sorry for my ignorance, I know my M2Tech Evo/FooBar2000 is using kernel streaming and I'm happy with that. Something made you want to alter the current driver software and you're putting some effort in it already although it has just been released, that makes me curious. Doesn't the current situation/software meet your expectations? What do you want to achieve and will it be available to FiiO (X5 users) as well and what would be the benefit?

A few pages back i posted about a way to manually install the drivers, instead of using the thesycon installer.

The reason for this is that the installer installs software which i deem unnecessary.

As i know not everybody here is tech-savvy, i wanted to create a small batch file that does nothing more than installing/uninstalling the drivers.

As for your question about NEW drivers from FiiO: i don't think they will be updated, as they seem to work just fine.

EDIT: this happened in the X3 thread. I got them mixed up :p

Nonetheless, the process of driver installation is exactly the same for both devices.

What i'm doing is making a script so that the thesycon program won't need to be installed.

Apr 24, 2014 at 6:12 PM Post #7,594 of 19,652

Well, pretty good out of the box, let's see if the burn-in changes something... Right now it's a little bit of harshness in music.

I noticed a little harshness in the demo unit I tried, but none at all in my brand new purchased unit!? Not sure if this is a sign of variation between models or just me hearing differently on different days (which does actually happen sometimes).

Apr 24, 2014 at 11:06 PM Post #7,596 of 19,652
Please email support@fiio.net for this issue and include the following information:
1. Version of firmware used
2. Whether gapless playback is switched on or off
3. Do you mean the X5 gets hot while charging or that it "vibrates"?

okay thanks =) i will email fiio about it.
 Originally Posted by Nicolas2305 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Try this:
 - Unplug from wall
 - rotate wall adaptor 180 degrees
 - plug back in the wall

I've had that kind of "vibrating" feeling on a zenbook before using the stock wall adapter. the "vibrating" feeling was caused by the polarity of the current going through the wall adaptor.

Another solution could be to try different USB wall adaptors until you find one correctly isolated.

I dont think its the wall adapter O_O , im using a uk 3pin plug , rotating it 180 degrees wont do anything. i'll try another wall adapter, thanks =)

Apr 25, 2014 at 12:29 AM Post #7,598 of 19,652

Well, pretty good out of the box, let's see if the burn-in changes something... Right now it's a little bit of harshness in music.

Unless if it's all in my head, the X5 seems to need a pretty considerable amount of burning in; about 5-6 full charge cycles or more. Either way I've been noticing the sound of my X5 getting a lot smoother and the bass less "clicky" than when I just got it. At first I thought they were improvements from the new firmwares but I've been sitting on 1.23beta for a while now I still notice sound improvements. 

Apr 25, 2014 at 2:47 AM Post #7,604 of 19,652
I hava a question about DAC mode. I'm using X5 on Win8.1.
It works but there's apparently something wrong with reckognizing sampling rates.
Do I have to manually change sampling rate in drivers depending on song?
Right after installing the drivers X5 shows on screen 24 bit 48kHz no matter what I was playing via Foobar.
I change in drivers setup to 24/192 and X5 shows 24/192 but does it mean that it's the max possible sampling and every song passes through as it is or is it oversampling every song to 24/192?
Doesn't X5 recognize what file is playing? Or is it another issue reserved just for Win8.1 users?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back