The Fiio X5 Thread
Apr 24, 2014 at 1:35 PM Post #7,578 of 19,652
W
Getting the x5 in the next two days,will be a proud owner of all the 3 daps /x5/dx90/zx1

When there was no UK availability of ZX1s (well a total of 18 units) I switched and bought X5 AND DX90. Be interested in your findings.

Apr 24, 2014 at 2:25 PM Post #7,580 of 19,652
Besides new FW release, will USB-DAC driver software (Driver-for-X5-USB_DAC) be upgraded as well? 

Speaking of drivers:

I'm almost done writing a little batch file for the manual installation of the asio drivers, and i'll see if i can also make it install the other drivers.

it can also uninstall the asio drivers.

Apr 24, 2014 at 2:26 PM Post #7,581 of 19,652
Does anyone have a quick suggestion they have been liking for a slightly warm IEM paired with the X5, ideally in the $100-$200 range for use as a backup pair? Often for rock music, but really use them for a wide variety and not too fussy given the budget. Considering the RE400s, but throwing a feeler for any others folks have actually used with the X5 and been pleased with.

Apr 24, 2014 at 3:11 PM Post #7,582 of 19,652
  Regarding the lockscreen problem a lot of people seem to be having... my jeans are tight enough for them to be constantly squishing the X5 but I've never had any unwanted button presses using lockscreen 1.

Is that an X5 in your pocket, or or you just happy to see me.....
(sorry couldn't resist)

Apr 24, 2014 at 3:29 PM Post #7,584 of 19,652
Seriously considering ordering an X5 soonish.  My only question is would it be worth it if the cans I'd using are the UE6000 and Vsonic VC1000?  I like both pairs of headphones, but I'm curious if I would need to buy a much higher end headphone to get a big benefit from owning an X5.  Thanks!

Apr 24, 2014 at 3:45 PM Post #7,586 of 19,652
  obviously it is a portable bible. He is not happy to see you. He simply has Jesus in his pants. Way off topic. Be back later while I burn in hell for a bad joke :)

You're in trouble; I was laughing at the joke and my pants caught on fire. 
evil_smiley.gif

Apr 24, 2014 at 3:45 PM Post #7,587 of 19,652
Speaking of drivers:

I'm almost done writing a little batch file for the manual installation of the asio drivers, and i'll see if i can also make it install the other drivers.

it can also uninstall the asio drivers.

Sorry, but even if you'd reply in Dutch I wouldn't understand what it means
blink.gif

Sorry for my ignorance, I know my M2Tech Evo/FooBar2000 is using kernel streaming and I'm happy with that. Something made you want to alter the current driver software and you're putting some effort in it already although it has just been released, that makes me curious. Doesn't the current situation/software meet your expectations? What do you want to achieve and will it be available to FiiO (X5 users) as well and what would be the benefit?

Apr 24, 2014 at 3:48 PM Post #7,588 of 19,652
  Seriously considering ordering an X5 soonish.  My only question is would it be worth it if the cans I'd using are the UE6000 and Vsonic VC1000?  I like both pairs of headphones, but I'm curious if I would need to buy a much higher end headphone to get a big benefit from owning an X5.  Thanks!

Yes. The X5 would make your current Headphones sound better due to the superior DAC and AMP in the X5. Every headphone i've tried has seen an improvement.

Apr 24, 2014 at 3:52 PM Post #7,589 of 19,652

Yes. The X5 would make your current Headphones sound better due to the superior DAC and AMP in the X5. Every headphone i've tried has seen an improvement.

Thanks.  I really like that thought of having a portable DAP and DAC/Amp all in one, especially for $350.  I'm certainly not opposed to buying a higher end pair of headphones in the future, I just don't really want to spend the money on them if I'm shelling out for the X5 especially since I have 2 decent pairs already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back