The Fiio X5 Thread
Apr 22, 2014 at 2:49 PM Post #7,471 of 19,652
I cannot get the micro SD cards to lock into place. I can insert them into the slots and push them all the way in, but the only way to hold them in is by fastening the rubber covers behind them. I'm using Kingston and Transcend cards. Is this normal? Per the users manual it seems they should lock in when you push them in.

Try pushing carefully with a small screwdriver. They do need to go in deep :wink:

Apr 22, 2014 at 5:31 PM Post #7,473 of 19,652
Does anyone know of an easy way to convert sacd iso files to individual dsd files for the X5.   I have been playing with the iso2dsf program but can't seem to get any files to extract from it.  It looks like its doing something but there are no outputted files.   Does anyone know of any other ways.  I am using a PC running windows 7.

Thanks for any input you can provide
Mike

Apr 22, 2014 at 6:04 PM Post #7,474 of 19,652
So it has been a month since i ordered the X5 from MP4Nation. Still dont know if it has shipped or if they even have it. They told me they would have it 2 weeks ago but that was a lie i guess. Im a bit disappointed with them. Not sure if i should cancel or not. Probably if i dont get it by May. Has anyone got any information on the second batch of orders from MP4Nation? I would love to know.

Apr 22, 2014 at 6:44 PM Post #7,475 of 19,652
  So it has been a month since i ordered the X5 from MP4Nation. Still dont know if it has shipped or if they even have it. They told me they would have it 2 weeks ago but that was a lie i guess. Im a bit disappointed with them. Not sure if i should cancel or not. Probably if i dont get it by May. Has anyone got any information on the second batch of orders from MP4Nation? I would love to know.

Cancel and order from somewhere in the States. 

Apr 22, 2014 at 6:47 PM Post #7,476 of 19,652
I have no patience for suppliers that can't get their crap straight, so I purchased through Amazon and paid $50 more than list for the convenience factor and the fact that I had it in my hands three days after I clicked the "buy" button. Sometimes its worth paying a few bucks more for superior service.

Apr 22, 2014 at 6:58 PM Post #7,477 of 19,652
  Does anyone know of an easy way to convert sacd iso files to individual dsd files for the X5.   I have been playing with the iso2dsf program but can't seem to get any files to extract from it.  It looks like its doing something but there are no outputted files.   Does anyone know of any other ways.  I am using a PC running windows 7.

Mike

https://code.google.com/p/sacd-ripper/

There's an executable called "sacd_extract.exe" inside the provided zip file that does what you want.

Apr 22, 2014 at 7:01 PM Post #7,478 of 19,652
  Does standalone DAC functionality work for Windows only? No Android or iPad support? (I'm sure that this question was asked here before, but the whole thread is enormous).

Not iPad. I tried but It would say the X5 drew too much current.

Apr 22, 2014 at 7:04 PM Post #7,479 of 19,652

Mike

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QfhDOylzE4

Apr 22, 2014 at 7:17 PM Post #7,480 of 19,652
Hi all,

I finally joined after doing some lurking & picking up some great advice/information.

I received my X5 today (bought it Thursday from Micca Store online https://www.miccastore.com/) & am in the process of breaking it in. I just looked at their site & they still have some in stock. No price gouging, I paid $350.

I primarily listen to 24/88 & 24/96 files & was trying to tweak the EQ for my IEMs but found it wasn't changing the sound at all. I found the following support FAQ regarding EQ:

"Why there is no response to the sound for some songs after switched EQ on X5?

Since EQ adjustment for high sample rate files would cause system unresponsiveness, we limited EQ adjustments to files with sample rates 48kHz or lower."

@Joe Bloggs, is there a fix in the works to re-enable EQ adjustments for higher rate files? So far the X5 sounds really good, but I need to make some minor adjustments to get my IEMs dialed in.

Thanks,

Jody

Apr 22, 2014 at 7:18 PM Post #7,481 of 19,652
Wow, feels like an eternity, but my X5 has finally arrived. I know many, many others have received their units and posted their impressions so I'll keep mine brief.

For starters, though I expected it I really can't say how much I appreciate that FiiO included a silicon cover for the player. It's nice not to worry about small dings and scuffs right out of the box. I do wish it allowed access to the TF card slots and charge light indicator, but still, a very nice inclusion by FiiO.

I briefly played with the unit with the included fw 1.2 before upgrading to 1.23beta. I can confirm that 1.23 solves to a large extent most of the UI lag issues, though I found them minor (still a little annoying) on 1.2, everything is snappy and instant on 1.23beta excepting there is still some lag when adjusting volume (i.e. holding the volume adjuster doesn't immediately stop when you let go, etc). But it's very good, I don't anticipate it being bothersome.

I have experienced the well noted minor bug of the first couple seconds of songs being cut off when I begin playing. However, skipping and restarting songs is fast and flawless. I find the sound neutral. As has been stated, the sound quality is excellent. Not much I can add to what others have said there.

Minor nag, I would like to see the option to have the screen timeout in less than 30seconds.  I tend to fiddle/skip/change songs with my players while listening too often and like the screen to not stay on for too long. I know, I should just stop fiddling. 

Looking forward to listening for many hours each day for the foreseeable future.

Apr 22, 2014 at 7:25 PM Post #7,482 of 19,652
@EthanHarte, I ordered an X5 from Micca Store online last Thursday afternoon & it was sent 2 day business mail. It cost $350, shipping included.

Apr 22, 2014 at 7:41 PM Post #7,483 of 19,652
EthanHarte: I'm in the 2nd pre-order batch at MP4 Nation. When I contacted them last week, they said their next batch of X5s would be in later this week and I should expect mine to arrive next week. Hopefully they follow-through on that. In the meantime, I've got an X3 and brand new DX90 to play with so I can't complain too much :).

Apr 22, 2014 at 7:45 PM Post #7,484 of 19,652
  @EthanHarte, I ordered an X5 from Micca Store online last Thursday afternoon & it was sent 2 day business mail. It cost $350, shipping included.

LOL That's really funny to read, I ordered from Micca Store last Monday, paid $7.95 for expedited shipping and they shipped UPS Ground from Virginia to Seattle. That was fine, but I asked for a refund for the expedited charges, figuring they made a mistake shipping UPS Ground. I got an extraordinarily rude response back telling me that UPS shipping times were not their fault. I responded again explaining that UPS shows on their ground maps how long ground shipping takes, etc etc and I got an even more inflammatory response.

Anyway, I've got mine now and am happy. I am just striking out with customer service with these dealers.

Apr 22, 2014 at 7:47 PM Post #7,485 of 19,652
@EthanHarte: I'm in the 2nd pre-order batch at MP4 Nation. When I contacted them last week, they said their next batch of X5s would be in later this week and I should expect mine to arrive next week. Hopefully they follow-through on that. In the meantime, I've got an X3 and brand new DX90 to play with so I can't complain too much
smily_headphones1.gif

ok im going to stick with this order then. Hopefully that information is true. Thanks! All i have is and ipod touch 4th gen with no amp. X5 will be a big step up for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back