The Fiio X5 Thread
Apr 13, 2014 at 12:52 AM Post #6,901 of 19,652
I haven't tried it personally either
tongue.gif
, but the official word from FiiO is that the X5 do exactly as you describe in folder browsing mode. One exception is that for cards formatted in NTFS it can "only" read up to 2000 files per folder whereas for FAT32 it can read up to 65536 files per folder.

Yeah that's why I indicated depends on the filesystem also. Well that's good enough workaround for me! I will be browsing mostly using folder view anyway. What a relief! :)

Apr 13, 2014 at 3:04 AM Post #6,902 of 19,652
I am using 64 GB micro Sd cards formatted to Fat 32 using Gparted and I have experienced occasional track skips with playback of 192/24, 96/24 and 88/24 files purchased from HDTracks.  These are not consistently repeatable errors and have happened only with Beta 1.22 and 1.23. I did not experience this under 1.20.  I have noticed improved playback of .aiff files with 1.22 and 1.23

Apr 13, 2014 at 3:57 AM Post #6,903 of 19,652
Are either James or Joe able to advise when Mp4nation will be receiving their stock? I've just noticed that their expected delivery date has blown out from mid-April to late April. As someone that should have had their unit delivered as part of their first pre-order, I have to say this is incredibly frustrating. Definitely regret going with mp4nation...

Apr 13, 2014 at 4:08 AM Post #6,904 of 19,652
Are either James or Joe able to advise when Mp4nation will be receiving their stock? I've just noticed that their expected delivery date has blown out from mid-April to late April. As someone that should have had their unit delivered as part of their first pre-order, I have to say this is incredibly frustrating. Definitely regret going with mp4nation...

Dang, that sucks, sorry to hear about another delay with them. I think you had pre-ordered right around the same time as me too, so the 2nd shipment must have been delayed due to production levels or something because I've had mine for over a week now. Luckily when it does ship they get it there quick, I tracked mine and it got to Virginia from Hong Kong in 1 day. Once you do get it too I think you will find it is worth the wait however, it really is a great DAP for the money.

Apr 13, 2014 at 4:22 AM Post #6,905 of 19,652
Did any of you guys who pre-ordered the X5 from mp4nation manage to get a 5% discount (that is, if you were aware of the 5% discount coupon code available on their facebook page)? They don't seem to provide the 5% discount anymore...

Apr 13, 2014 at 4:30 AM Post #6,906 of 19,652
I am using 64 GB micro Sd cards formatted to Fat 32 using Gparted and I have experienced occasional track skips with playback of 192/24, 96/24 and 88/24 files purchased from HDTracks.  These are not consistently repeatable errors and have happened only with Beta 1.22 and 1.23. I did not experience this under 1.20.  I have noticed improved playback of .aiff files with 1.22 and 1.23

Remember they are betas. I also experienced hires skips. One Nora Jones album skipped different tracks each time. I reformatted Fat32 IN PLAYER, and it played flawlessly last night. Although not my type if music, it sounded superb.

Apr 13, 2014 at 4:46 AM Post #6,907 of 19,652
Seems MP4nation hasn't learnt anything from 4 years ago when the S-flo:2 or T51 was out.. not enough of the actual number of pre-order units sourced, then delays and delays for delivery.  Like 2 weeks or so was just the beginning.  They attract buyers by doing 5% or more discounts (or add small bonus items) so they certainly get enough pre-orders first, but after that was just poorly done.

Then the buyers who paid started to voice out on MP4's forums about their lack in proper service, I saw many of those posts just deleted.  That's when I decided to never order from them..

Apr 13, 2014 at 4:53 AM Post #6,908 of 19,652
Did any of you guys who pre-ordered the X5 from mp4nation manage to get a 5% discount (that is, if you were aware of the 5% discount coupon code available on their facebook page)? They don't seem to provide the 5% discount anymore...

Yeah, I was able to get the the X5 & E12 with the 5% off coupon and ended up selling the promotional headphones that came with it for $55 so in total I ended up paying about $370 for the X5 & E12 combo which was a smoking deal considering I would have had to pay tax & shipping from a US retailer too. It is good to know they have trouble fulfilling orders though, will definately have to take that into consideration for next time but my experience with MP4Nation was super fast shipping and ultimately the best value I could find anywhere. Sucks to hear it was not that way for most though.

Apr 13, 2014 at 5:43 AM Post #6,909 of 19,652
Yeah, I was able to get the the X5 & E12 with the 5% off coupon and ended up selling the promotional headphones that came with it for $55 so in total I ended up paying about $370 for the X5 & E12 combo which was a smoking deal considering I would have had to pay tax & shipping from a US retailer too. It is good to know they have trouble fulfilling orders though, will definately have to take that into consideration for next time but my experience with MP4Nation was super fast shipping and ultimately the best value I could find anywhere. Sucks to hear it was not that way for most though.

Good for you that you managed to grab a really smoking deal! Too bad they didn't let their customers know earlier that the 5% discount would be discontinued... When they provide discounts and fast shipping, I thought it was pretty good service! But sometimes when questions about the quality of their service (shipping/prices/deals/promotions) are asked on their own forum or facebook page, they seem to avoid answering them and come out to me as being not transparent enough... But anyways, I hope that those who have pre-ordered the X5 from them will get it soon and start enjoying their new toy! 
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 13, 2014 at 7:30 AM Post #6,910 of 19,652
I was talking about the device not identifying tags, seemingly at random?

It wasn't random. Flac with ID3v2 doesn't get recognised in the X5's tagging system.

Mp3tag helps with this:

Select all flac files with id3v2 tag, rightclick, cut tags, right click again, paste tags.

Apr 13, 2014 at 7:59 AM Post #6,912 of 19,652
Hello everyone,

I've received my fiio X5 a week ago and it's super nice (great job James and Fiio !!)
The SQ is great, but i think the UI still needs some improvements.

I have some concerns with the ".cue files". They work properly on my desktop with .flac files, but when i copy songs and .cue files into my X5, i can't find them into browser navigation.
I precise i format my SD card in FAT32 using the X5. Do you have any idea what i do wrong ?

Thx ! 

Apr 13, 2014 at 9:19 AM Post #6,913 of 19,652
If you input USB into the X5 is it outputted via the digital jack?
Mostly I would like to use an X5 as a stand alone Hi Rez player, but occasionally have need for a USD to SPDIF converter to play Hi Res files straight from the computer.

Apr 13, 2014 at 9:25 AM Post #6,914 of 19,652
Just in case anybody was wondering...   The X5 really opens up when paired with the E12 for when you are using headphones....   So far this DAP is great... :D

I've paired my X5 with my E11 and found it to be a great combo as well. The X5 is so much better than it's little brother X3. Five stars, without hesitation. I've encountered only one crash and one skipped track in the three days I've been using it, whereas the X3 crashed several times a day when I had it. The X5 is clearly a much more mature piece of technology and well worth it's price. Remarkable work, FiiO!

Apr 13, 2014 at 10:23 AM Post #6,915 of 19,652
I've paired my X5 with my E11 and found it to be a great combo as well. The X5 is so much better than it's little brother X3. Five stars, without hesitation. I've encountered only one crash and one skipped track in the three days I've been using it, whereas the X3 crashed several times a day when I had it. The X5 is clearly a much more mature piece of technology and well worth it's price. Remarkable work, FiiO!

yes, X5 has new database and new media library . but we will implete it in X3 in the coming soon with new " Metro style " GUI.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back