The Fiio X5 Thread
Apr 2, 2014 at 9:09 AM Post #5,821 of 19,652

Thanks Rob, good to hear. Amazon seems a safe bet, but AV Shop don't seem to sell elsewhere, and only EA Audio were listed as UK distributers by Fiio. EA honestly told me that I may get it quicker from EA Audio as all their first batch accounted for.

My order was sent via Amazon, so if there were any problems, then at least they ( Amazon ) have a responsibility to see that the process goes smoothly, before & aftersales....

I actually did wonder if AV Shop & EA, are one in the same ?? I've past experience with electronics companies trading under different names.

Apr 2, 2014 at 9:39 AM Post #5,822 of 19,652
Just got an email from MP4Nation, looks like the X5 is shipping today! Even better it shows an estimated delivery date of tomorrow! 1 day to ship from Hong Kong to virginia? Wow

Ugh! I am happy for you but I have no email here. I should be in the first batch, *sinking feeling*. Fingers crossed I'll get one soon. I sure hope they fixed their issues with shipping in order of preorder....

Apr 2, 2014 at 10:12 AM Post #5,824 of 19,652
  No love for indonesia, James?
 i've contacted my local dealer today, but still no updated news :s

sorry , the shipment is not decided by me, and we have not special attitude to any countries. sorry for that .

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Apr 2, 2014 at 10:13 AM Post #5,825 of 19,652
  My order was sent via Amazon, so if there were any problems, then at least they ( Amazon ) have a responsibility to see that the process goes smoothly, before & aftersales....

I actually did wonder if AV Shop & EA, are one in the same ?? I've past experience with electronics companies trading under different names.

not , AV shop and EA audio are different agent of FiiO.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Apr 2, 2014 at 10:25 AM Post #5,826 of 19,652

not , AV shop and EA audio are different agent of FiiO.

Hi James, please tell me AV shop have been added to your list of supplied agents. They show stock on 5th April, but Fiio have so far only listed EA Audio for UK supplies.

Apr 2, 2014 at 11:25 AM Post #5,827 of 19,652
I can't find the original message with a question since this X5 thread is growing exponentially everyday.

Someone from Canada asked me about availability of Sandisk Ultra 128GB microSD cards on Amazon, and I just got an official reply from their rep it will be available in May/June.  With Amazon US, they are out of stock temporarily, and a few outside sellers (who added their listing under official Amazon listing) just jacked up the price by doubling it.  Personally, I would be careful because you never know if those are real, and even if they are - don't know how the warranty works when you buy from unauthorized reseller.

Apr 2, 2014 at 11:32 AM Post #5,828 of 19,652
I know a lot of folks are waiting on the 128gb cards, but if you're thinking to settle for 64gb in the meantime, I got a set of Transcend class 10s at Newegg for $31 usd a piece. Don't have the x5 yet but they are loaded up and ready to go. Nice transfer rate if you've got a usb3.0 reader, too (13-15 MB/s).

Apr 2, 2014 at 11:38 AM Post #5,829 of 19,652
Yeah.. I was lucky to jump ship on Black Friday:) saved me some bucks! I was also lucky to get the CF upgrade when it still was 200$ instead of the 500$ now...
If I will get them really late... I might include the Calyx M in the impression as I am thinking of getting the M as well when it comes out. I am very interested to hear the differences between the M and the X5 when using Roxanne. 

All this talk of the Roxanne ... It's aggravating my upgradititus. My doctor's recommending a healthy intake of vitamin M.
Seriously though, I mostly use headphones when on the move. So not much knowledge about headphone amps & DACs. All that's about to change, though. I'll be moving into a condominium soon. Hence, can't be turning on the home system too loud :frowning2:

Thanks to Head-Fi, I've got a place to start taking baby steps into the world of headphone amps.
Looking forward to your impressions of the Calyx M.

Apr 2, 2014 at 11:44 AM Post #5,830 of 19,652
  I can't find the original message with a question since this X5 thread is growing exponentially everyday.

Someone from Canada asked me about availability of Sandisk Ultra 128GB microSD cards on Amazon, and I just got an official reply from their rep it will be available in May/June.  With Amazon US, they are out of stock temporarily, and a few outside sellers (who added their listing under official Amazon listing) just jacked up the price by doubling it.  Personally, I would be careful because you never know if those are real, and even if they are - don't know how the warranty works when you buy from unauthorized reseller.

Very seldom does the warranty apply with these 3rd party vendors, unless they specifically state that they are authorized dealers.

Apr 2, 2014 at 11:56 AM Post #5,831 of 19,652
I've been reading this thread and all the reviews of the X5 for quite some time. A few weeks ago I decided to take the plunge and preorder it from mp4nation to replace my iPod Classic. Got the e-mail earlier today that it shipped and with the fed-ex tracking number. Looks like it should be by me in New York tomorrow by 10:30am!! So excited to be able to take my high res audio on the go!

Apr 2, 2014 at 11:57 AM Post #5,832 of 19,652
All this talk of the Roxanne ... It's aggravating my upgradititus. My doctor's recommending a healthy intake of vitamin M.
Seriously though, I mostly use headphones when on the move. So not much knowledge about headphone amps & DACs. All that's about to change, though. I'll be moving into a condominium soon. Hence, can't be turning on the home system too loud
frown.gif

Thanks to Head-Fi, I've got a place to start taking baby steps into the world of headphone amps.
Looking forward to your impressions of the Calyx M.

Haha watch yourself!:p I am a student using portable audio while commuting every day. Normally I just had my Shure SE425 and iPhone with Spotify... I discovered Head-Fi around half a year ago and ever since... I have already spent about $2k+ on new DAP's, IEMS, cables etc...

It is a slipperly slope haha:p

Apr 2, 2014 at 12:01 PM Post #5,833 of 19,652
Should have stock heading their way by tomorrow at the latest.
smily_headphones1.gif

Great, thanks!  I suspect that the delay that HDPHNS are talking about is the last one that pushed shipments to where we are now.  Shipments were previously meant to have gone out a bit earlier, by the end of March iirc.

Apr 2, 2014 at 12:05 PM Post #5,834 of 19,652
I've been reading this thread and all the reviews of the X5 for quite some time. A few weeks ago I decided to take the plunge and preorder it from mp4nation to replace my iPod Classic. Got the e-mail earlier today that it shipped and with the fed-ex tracking number. Looks like it should be by me in New York tomorrow by 10:30am!! So excited to be able to take my high res audio on the go!

I ordered from, MP4Nation on March 21st but did not receive any mail yet. You are are a luckey bas...... ?
On what date did you place your order?

Apr 2, 2014 at 12:10 PM Post #5,835 of 19,652
  Very seldom does the warranty apply with these 3rd party vendors, unless they specifically state that they are authorized dealers.

I got burned by one of these last year when I bought 32gb micro-sd for my Note 2.  Controller failed after 4 months (it was constantly mounting/un-mounting in a loop) and when I contacted Sandisk and provided them pictures of the flash card, they told me if was a fake one.  Nevertheless, they took care of the replacement as an exception case when I provided to them my Amazon receipt.

Of course, its different loosing pictures/data on your phone (thank God I had most of it backed up externally) versus on DAP player where you most likely have a backup already.  That's why I'm more critical about using original Sandisk stuff with smartphones vs other brands with DAPs (like Transcend deal from Newegg mentioned above - great deal!).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back