The Fiio X5 Thread
Aug 20, 2014 at 10:37 PM Post #11,957 of 19,652
Re flashed 2.2, same glitch.

Back to 2.02b no glitch but no startup animation, just "Welcome".

Back to 2.2, factory reset, same glitch.

Removed cards on 2.2 cleared database, same glitch.

Re flashed 2.2 one more time, same glitch.

Back to 2.02b for good.

Weird.

Aug 20, 2014 at 10:45 PM Post #11,960 of 19,652
Emptied database, used empty TF card (other than FW file) and reflashed from 2.0 to 2.2 - no more glitch!? Weird, but I'm happy

You must have the Midas touch. Nothing worked for me. Oh well.

Aug 20, 2014 at 10:49 PM Post #11,961 of 19,652
Does anyone know of a way, when first turning on the X5, of going straight to the page that allows you to select which card to use? I am finding it a bit fiddly to try to get there using the folder icon and upper right button. When I first select the folder icon, I'm faced with a page that allows me to select genre, artist, song and album. When I select album, I'm brought back to folder icon. Press and I get a page with three lines at the top, each saying: flac and followed by a selection of individual "songs" or pieces, rather than an album.
I don't want to go there, I don't want to select other than album.  I want the card selection first when I select the folder icon or before.  I always want to use the folder option b/c I listen to mainly classical music and jazz. I don't use the song, genre or artist option at all, just the album selection.
If, however, I press the upper left button, nothing happens until I'm actually playing something. Then the icons, including card selection appears.
No, this is not a deal breaker for me, haha, not by any means b/c it's really really such a good quality player! It's so good that I'm saving to buy the Kaiser 10 to pair with it!

Aug 20, 2014 at 10:52 PM Post #11,962 of 19,652
  Does anyone know of a way, when first turning on the X5, of going straight to the page that allows you to select which card to use? I am finding it a bit fiddly to try to get there using the folder icon and upper right button. When I first select the folder icon, I'm faced with a page that allows me to select genre, artist, song and album. When I select album, I'm brought back to folder icon. Press and I get a page with three lines at the top, each saying: flac and followed by a selection of individual "songs" or pieces, rather than an album.
I don't want to go there, I don't want to select other than album.  I want the card selection first when I select the folder icon or before.  I always want to use the folder option b/c I listen to mainly classical music and jazz. I don't use the song, genre or artist option at all, just the album selection.

I'm not entirely clear about what you're asking, but there are 2 browser icons that access music - the folder icon will take you to selecting TF cards or OTG. The other one looks like a sheet of paper with a music note in front and to the side of it - that one takes you to the genre, artist, album selection page. Is what you're asking about how to get to the TF card selection?

Aug 20, 2014 at 11:15 PM Post #11,963 of 19,652

I'm not entirely clear about what you're asking, but there are 2 browser icons that access music - the folder icon will take you to selecting TF cards or OTG. The other one looks like a sheet of paper with a music note in front and to the side of it - that one takes you to the genre, artist, album selection page. Is what you're asking about how to get to the TF card selection?

Yes, I want to get to the TF card selection right away if possible with the least amount of actions. Selecting the folder icon first off does not send me there.

Aug 20, 2014 at 11:39 PM Post #11,966 of 19,652
Hmmm. I only need to select the folder icon from the main page to be brought to the TF and otg page.

It is hard to compare any differences in sound with only 1 X5, it still sounds great to me. The bass certainly isn't lacking as the 13's still rumble.

Aug 20, 2014 at 11:47 PM Post #11,967 of 19,652
Oh, so it's probably a glitch on my X5. Incidentally, I've gone from fw 2.0 to 2.07b to 2.2 and this situation has followed me all the way to the present.
When I am in a selection already which is in progress and I close the X5, when I start up again, having previously selected this from settings, I get the piece I was playing before closing down. From there, though, I can get to the card page right away, so I'm getting in the habit of ending a listening session from a selection playing.

Aug 21, 2014 at 4:22 AM Post #11,969 of 19,652
Well, that's it. Going back to 2.02b again.

Anyone else see this on the startup (every time) with 2.2?

Not that a glitch in the startup screen is a deal breaker, I just needed an excuse to go back to 2.02b. :D

I had this happen to me with FW 2.2, the way to fix it is to reset the X5 to factory default then all is okay.

Aug 21, 2014 at 4:53 AM Post #11,970 of 19,652
I had this happen to me with FW 2.2, the way to fix it is to reset the X5 to factory default then all is okay.

Ah HA! That did it, thanks! :D

Did a Factory Reset before but the second time worked like a charm. Ghosts in the machine. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back