The Fiio X5 Thread
Aug 8, 2014 at 9:24 AM Post #11,657 of 19,652
Something about the USB port I read a few pages back in this thread.  Sorry if I've caused any confusion...

I don't think my USB port is exceptional but I don't detect anything different, quality is good from both sources. Mind you most of the files I listen to from the USB setting is 48k anyway. I have also tried 192k and still believe to be very good. I feel no urge to plug an amp to the X5. That's how good I think it is.

Aug 8, 2014 at 9:53 AM Post #11,658 of 19,652
Those are mostly theme based and interface tweaks, but the main functions remain in the proprietary realm.

Hmmm maybe I should go reread those threads then I guess, but I think I saw very clearly how the SQ was changed in some of these custom firmwares.

Check out the custom modded FW thread:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/717947/fiio-x5-custom-modded-firmwares

rolleyes.gif

Lol mate, I already knew about the thread and even posted there 
k701smile.gif
; what I mean by the question is that why the DX50/DX90 firmwares that are not RockBoxes can also affect sound and other internal operations?

Aug 8, 2014 at 10:22 AM Post #11,660 of 19,652
Hmmm maybe I should go reread those threads then I guess, but I think I saw very clearly how the SQ was changed in some of these custom firmwares.

Lol mate, I already knew about the thread and even posted there :k701smile: ; what I mean by the question is that why the DX50/DX90 firmwares that are not RockBoxes can also affect sound and other internal operations?

The modded DX50/DX90 stock firmware modify what's turned on/off in the stripped-down version of Android OS they use. This can cause SQ/SS changes. Can't do that with X3/X5 since they're running proprietary firmware.

Aug 8, 2014 at 11:10 AM Post #11,661 of 19,652
Received my X5 yesterday, now i'm in trouble with library scan.
I'm using a 64Gb microSD formatted with the X5, my files are 90% 44/16 flac and 10% hi-res flac.
When library scan start, seem work fine but at file #460, the X5 hang and i can't imagine which is the problematic file.
Can't really understand, i've more than one DAP and all work flawless with the same files.
Just tryied 2.02 beta FW but the problem remains unresolved.
What can i do?

Aug 8, 2014 at 11:16 AM Post #11,662 of 19,652
Received my X5 yesterday, now i'm in trouble with library scan.
I'm using a 64Gb microSD formatted with the X5, my files are 90% 44/16 flac and 10% hi-res flac.
When library scan start, seem work fine but at file #460, the X5 hang and i can't imagine which is the problematic file.
Can't really understand, i've more than one DAP and all work flawless with the same files.
Just tryied 2.02 beta FW but the problem remains unresolved.
What can i do?

Load all files in mp3tag , cut tags, paste tags.

Then try syncing again

Aug 8, 2014 at 11:38 AM Post #11,664 of 19,652
Ouch! are thousands of files, I have to edit them one by one? is a Herculean task!

I do not know mp3tag, could you kindly tell me an efficient workflow?

Thank you!

In mp3tag you go to file>change folder, and then select the folder in which all your music is (this can include subfolders)

Then when it's done loading the files, select all of them, right click, cut tags, wait, paste tags, wait, close program.

Aug 8, 2014 at 12:36 PM Post #11,666 of 19,652
Why would it be any different? The source is coming from your PC/Mac instead of the player, everything else stays the same.

It is possible that the X5 is a cleaner source.
As it is a dedicated DAP, it may be possible that you get less noise from the microprocessor and power supply transmitted down the line (USB or coaxial) than you would from a PC or MAC.

Aug 8, 2014 at 1:03 PM Post #11,667 of 19,652
Why would it be any different? The source is coming from your PC/Mac instead of the player, everything else stays the same.

It is possible that the X5 is a cleaner source.
As it is a dedicated DAP, it may be possible that you get less noise from the microprocessor and power supply transmitted down the line (USB or coaxial) than you would from a PC or MAC.

I experience a hum on the X5, when i use it as a DAC on my PC. It seems that the headphone ports most outer ring isn't grounded...

Aug 8, 2014 at 1:42 PM Post #11,669 of 19,652

Users who are viewing this thread

Back