The Fiio X5 Thread
Apr 28, 2014 at 6:06 AM Post #7,846 of 19,652
Initial brief thoughts on FW2.0 coming from 1.23 Beta.............

Volume level seems increased. Had to turn down the e12 from 11:00 to 10:00. Details are even clearer. More soundstage I think. Gapless still works perfect.

Very disappointed to see that the EQ can't be adjusted in any mode besides the one custom setting.

I really like the sound in this version. Nice job Fiio.

this features will be added in the future. not so much time for us to improve every detail.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Apr 28, 2014 at 6:19 AM Post #7,847 of 19,652

this features will be added in the future. not so much time for us to improve every detail.

Well I'll wait patiently then. For me this is now the one feature that will make the X5 perfect. Everything else has fallen in to place nicely with 2.0, keep up the great work Fiio.

Apr 28, 2014 at 7:34 AM Post #7,848 of 19,652
X5 shipped from MP4Nation friday, received this morning (monday)!

Comes with firmware 1.20 as expected, I was part of the preview tour and I have to say, I missed this little thing!

Going to listen for a while with 1.20 before upgrading to 2.0 (great timing)

Apr 28, 2014 at 7:41 AM Post #7,850 of 19,652
Hi
Just a quick question could you do a test comparing your x3 as seen in your avatar, my x5 does not seem any way as powerful as my x3x3, could you please try a side by side test and post your results cos I'm hoping it just the firmware on my x5 that needs to be updated.
Thank you.
Or any one with the x3 :)

Apr 28, 2014 at 7:41 AM Post #7,851 of 19,652
Just got my X5, delivered overnight.  Waited a long time to pull the trigger, but very pleased now.

I upgraded the FW to version 2.0, but it's showing my DFF files as "unsupported".  They are all DSD64, not DSD128.  They play fine in JRiver, just not here.  Anything I should test?

Apr 28, 2014 at 7:51 AM Post #7,852 of 19,652
Just got my X5, delivered overnight.  Waited a long time to pull the trigger, but very pleased now.

I upgraded the FW to version 2.0, but it's showing my DFF files as "unsupported".  They are all DSD64, not DSD128.  They play fine in JRiver, just not here.  Anything I should test?

.diff and .dsf are both fine, but they need to be uncompressed.
Neither DST or DSD128 are supported. DST support would be great to cut file size in half.
cue files for .DSDIFF aren't supported and neither is embedded album art for .dsf

These are my findings on the X3 using the latest beta - X5 due very soon....

Swyped from my Gpad

Apr 28, 2014 at 7:51 AM Post #7,853 of 19,652
Sorry may i ask which country u live in and if you paid any extra taxes for that?
And how long did it take to your country

Dublin, Ireland
No taxes
Shipped friday past week and delivered monday morning, so less than 3 days if you count the weekend.

Apr 28, 2014 at 7:58 AM Post #7,855 of 19,652
Hi
Just a quick question could you do a test comparing your x3 as seen in your avatar, my x5 does not seem any way as powerful as my x3x3, could you please try a side by side test and post your results cos I'm hoping it just the firmware on my x5 that needs to be updated.
Thank you.
Or any one with the x3
smily_headphones1.gif

If you check my review (I was part of the preview tour) you will see my opinion between the two.

Now, things have changed completely, I'm using the 2.14 beta on my X3 and going to upgrade the X5 to 2.0. X3 sounds better with this beta and I have read that the X5 with 2.0 sounds even better.

Right now I can tell you that with the X3 using 2.14 and X5 using 1.20, no doubt the X5 sounds better, that being said, my memory recalls and as stated on my review, the difference was big. Now is not that big, this speaks volumes about the new firmware for the X3.

Please take this with a grain of salt, just compared two songs on each device.

Apr 28, 2014 at 8:14 AM Post #7,858 of 19,652

Hi James

Thought I should ask you in the thread rather than via PM, hope you don't mind.

Do you expect that USB Hard Drives will be supported in the future? Would there be a problem with powered hard drives (eg the larger ones that are plugged into power and then USB to the device rather than USB powered)?

Thanks!

Apr 28, 2014 at 8:21 AM Post #7,859 of 19,652
Why do you need external hdds with portable.device?
Dont get crazy guys:)

You can have 2x128+64
Still not enough?
Downconvert 192khz on 48khz and will be enough
24 bit ok but 192khz ist slow and nonsense for all purposes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back