The Fiio X5 Thread
Feb 14, 2016 at 2:32 PM Post #18,946 of 19,652
I see. :ĺ Thanks for your help

the chances of them changing any functionality on this player anymore is exactly 0, so i can only tell you of ways to make it easier for you:

depending on number of artists:
lots: sd_root/letter/artist/album
not that much: sd_root/artist/album

Then they should release the x5 firmware source code and let me give it a try. :)

Feb 14, 2016 at 2:33 PM Post #18,947 of 19,652
Then they should release the x5 firmware source code and let me give it a try.
smily_headphones1.gif

not happening. we asked many times, but they had another company make it, so they only licensed it.

Feb 14, 2016 at 6:31 PM Post #18,950 of 19,652

Well then, it's Onkyo DP-X1 or Fiio X7 for me then. *sniff*
basshead.gif
(Goodbye old friend, Someone is getting a gift)

i'm thorougly enjoying my X7, can't say anything about the DP-X1...

Feb 14, 2016 at 11:02 PM Post #18,952 of 19,652
Help can't seem to get my x5 1st get to recognize my new music files that I transfer to a msd card. 

Ive been using an old card from my X1 and now want to add some more music to another card. Formatted card several times so all good there, but after moving files from my mac's external drive nothing seems to be there once I insert into X5. It's amazing that a hardware supplier doesn't  supply a program to populate their device. Help  

I used XLD to rip them to the external drive

Feb 14, 2016 at 11:11 PM Post #18,953 of 19,652
Help can't seem to get my x5 1st get to recognize my new music files that I transfer to a msd card. 

Ive been using an old card from my X1 and now want to add some more music to another card. Formatted card several times so all good there, but after moving files from my mac's external drive nothing seems to be there once I insert into X5. It's amazing that a hardware supplier doesn't  supply a program to populate their device. Help  

I used XLD to rip them to the external drive

Have you checked the browse by folders category to see if the files are there? Did you update the X5 library after loading a new mSD card/new music?

Many people prefer not using vendor supplied software and just want to manage the music themselves. I think it's exceedingly easy to copy and paste music on a card in the Mac environment, or windows environment.

Feb 15, 2016 at 3:52 AM Post #18,955 of 19,652
I dropped them into the mSD from the drive it wrote them then once 
i had the X5 update media library then they were gone and nothing there. 

Not sure what to say then. Have you contacted FiiO? Might be the next step. :)

Feb 15, 2016 at 5:29 AM Post #18,957 of 19,652
Hi,
 Originally Posted by Vince325 

I dropped them into the mSD from the drive it wrote them then once 
i had the X5 update media library then they were gone and nothing there. 

If you used a Mac to copy the files the OS X is automatically creating some files with the same name as your files bur preceded by "._" (e.g.: for "file1.mp3" OS X will create also "._file1.mp3".
These are small files that are by default hidden. As the extension is as the normal file maybe your X5 is confused. Try tto read the card on a normal PC (enable show hidden files) and if these file are present just delete them.
Hope it helps.

Feb 15, 2016 at 5:48 AM Post #18,958 of 19,652
For FiiO the X5 is history and so is the after service.Now it is waiting for generation III:grinning:

Yes very true.
Is the second (actually third) device that I have this problem. I've owned several years back 2HTC phones that were highly praised in the press. In ~1 year the support was stopped and no updates were made available. Being android phones this is big issue as the continuous updates are supposed to fix also the security issues.
Nevertheless the X5 1st gen is now in the same situation.
This for me is a good reminder to look also for the company is dealing with their line of products and clients. To rush on releasing product versions in a very fast pace with minor modification/fixes or just because you didn't do it right is not a good sign. Better a longer period between updates. Take your time to proper design and develop your product before release. Do not forget your present users, they are a part of most probable clients for a new product when they decide to upgrade.
For me the X5 is for sure the last Fiio product that I will buy.

Feb 15, 2016 at 6:47 AM Post #18,959 of 19,652
Yes very true.
Is the second (actually third) device that I have this problem. I've owned several years back 2HTC phones that were highly praised in the press. In ~1 year the support was stopped and no updates were made available. Being android phones this is big issue as the continuous updates are supposed to fix also the security issues.
Nevertheless the X5 1st gen is now in the same situation.
This for me is a good reminder to look also for the company is dealing with their line of products and clients. To rush on releasing product versions in a very fast pace with minor modification/fixes or just because you didn't do it right is not a good sign. Better a longer period between updates. Take your time to proper design and develop your product before release. Do not forget your present users, they are a part of most probable clients for a new product when they decide to upgrade.
For me the X5 is for sure the last Fiio product that I will buy.
As far as phones go, I did change to Apple, even with the"old" 4s you can upgrade your software to todays standard. Fiio and others follow the path of phone brands, with only one goal, to boost sales. People are very sensitive for "new" playtoys, even if differences are minimal see Sony , who changing hardware every 6 months.

Feb 15, 2016 at 7:10 AM Post #18,960 of 19,652
As far as phones go, I did change to Apple, even with the"old" 4s you can upgrade your software to todays standard. Fiio and others follow the path of phone brands, with only one goal, to boost sales. People are very sensitive for "new" playtoys, even if differences are minimal see Sony , who changing hardware every 6 months.

orrrr

take off the tinfoil hat, and realise that creating software costs a lot of money and it would cost you, the user, more if FiiO were to keep updating older devices. (as apple does)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back