The Fiio X5 Thread
Jan 9, 2016 at 12:44 PM Post #18,827 of 19,652
Has anyone ever figured out how to create external playlists on the x5ii that spans both SD cards?  You can do it in the player, obviously, so it seems technically possible, however as of the latest firmware you can't create external playlists that span both cards.  I just thought someone might have modded the player to do so or something (I know there is modded firmware floating around).

Kind of sucks.  I like the x5ii fine in all other aspects, but not being able to easily make master playlists that span both SD cards is a big sticking point for me.  I would have returned it had I known this, but it's to late for that now.

Jan 9, 2016 at 1:14 PM Post #18,828 of 19,652
  Hi, 
I want ask if Is possible to create playlist with my favourite tracks and rate single tracks by stars like on Ipod for example...

Thank you.

Has anyone ever figured out how to create external playlists on the x5ii that spans both SD cards?  You can do it in the player, obviously, so it seems technically possible, however as of the latest firmware you can't create external playlists that span both cards.  I just thought someone might have modded the player to do so or something (I know there is modded firmware floating around).

Kind of sucks.  I like the x5ii fine in all other aspects, but not being able to easily make master playlists that span both SD cards is a big sticking point for me.  I would have returned it had I known this, but it's to late for that now.

If using Mac then a program called DAPPER will let you sync from iTunes any playlist you create, it will save across both cards.

r2

Edit:  Search forums - "Dapper"

Jan 9, 2016 at 1:25 PM Post #18,829 of 19,652

If using Mac then a program called DAPPER will let you sync from iTunes any playlist you create, it will save across both cards.

r2

Edit:  Search forums - "Dapper"

Looks awesome.  Unfortunately, I don't have a MAC.

Although, does dapper allow you to create a single master playlist that will play files from both drives on an X5ii?  Or does it just allow you to create playlists for each drive?

If it's the former, awesome.  If it's the latter, less awesome, but still kind of neat.

Jan 9, 2016 at 1:43 PM Post #18,830 of 19,652
Stay away from those PNY 128gb cards. Pure junk and they will screw you on the RMA.

I've been happily using my 128Gb PNY nSD card for quite some time now - since before the recent price drops. Sorry if others have had problems, but that hasn't been my experience.

Jan 9, 2016 at 2:46 PM Post #18,831 of 19,652
The fact he says they screwed him on the RMA tells me he did not buy from a legitimate reseller, and they probably sold him a fake.

Jan 9, 2016 at 2:49 PM Post #18,832 of 19,652
Im loading one of the Amazon Deal of the day PNY128gb cards right now. When I got it yesterday I checked and it said there was 118gbs left. It looks good to me. Im trying to put like 10000 songs on it now so should be done downloading in about a week.

Jan 9, 2016 at 2:57 PM Post #18,835 of 19,652
The fact he says they screwed him on the RMA tells me he did not buy from a legitimate reseller, and they probably sold him a fake.

No, I bought two 128gb pny sd cards from newegg, first one went bad and i sent it in for PNY rma and they sent me back the opened envelope saying "sorry envelope empty". I was very careful in putting the sd card in the envelope before sealing it. :/ The other pny card went bad shortly after. I ate the cost.

I also noticed that pny changed the 128gb upc not long after. I assume they knew their cards were defective.

Jan 9, 2016 at 3:29 PM Post #18,836 of 19,652
So your envelope gets torn open in-transit and the tiny microSD card gets lost, and your response is to tell everyone that PNY cheated you in the RMA?

Jan 9, 2016 at 3:36 PM Post #18,837 of 19,652
So your envelope gets torn open in-transit and the tiny microSD card gets lost, and your response is to tell everyone that PNY cheated you in the RMA?

You sure make lots of assumptions. The envelope was neatly opened by PNY. Anyway, What is it to you? Do you work for PNY? Why so defensive? I am the one who had to eat the cost of two defective 128gb cards, thats a fact. Move on bud.

Jan 9, 2016 at 3:49 PM Post #18,838 of 19,652
No, I don't work for anyone that makes or sells SD cards, let alone PNY. My interest is justified, though. You are telling people how untrustworthy this manufacturer is, and I want enough information to come to my own conclusions.

They specifically said they were the ones to open it?

Why not send in the second defective card? What's the worst that could happen? A bad card isn't doing you any good sitting around. It's worth a shot. If it too "disappears", that's a pattern than cannot be ignored.

Jan 9, 2016 at 4:30 PM Post #18,839 of 19,652
No, I don't work for anyone that makes or sells SD cards, let alone PNY. My interest is justified, though. You are telling people how untrustworthy this manufacturer is, and I want enough information to come to my own conclusions.

They specifically said they were the ones to open it?

Why not send in the second defective card? What's the worst that could happen? A bad card isn't doing you any good sitting around. It's worth a shot. If it too "disappears", that's a pattern than cannot be ignored.

I agree!

Send the other one and see what happens!

It might end up that PNY are not really monsters.

Jan 9, 2016 at 5:44 PM Post #18,840 of 19,652

Looks awesome.  Unfortunately, I don't have a MAC.

Although, does dapper allow you to create a single master playlist that will play files from both drives on an X5ii?  Or does it just allow you to create playlists for each drive?

If it's the former, awesome.  If it's the latter, less awesome, but still kind of neat.

All playlist moved to the FiiO are spread across both drives.  Folders are created for albums in the folder view plus the playlist list(s) are added.  Want all songs?  Make a Smart "All" playlist, in iTunes of all songs and whenever you add to iTunes it automatically goes into "All"  and when you re-sync, bingo :)

r2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back