02 Speed of Light

Alpha numeric

Try changing the filenames to:

101 If Eternity Should Fail
102 Speed of Light
201 Death or Glory
202 Shadows of the Valley

etc

Oh and hint - next time you're showing a download, ditch the demonoid torrent file from the screenshot 
wink.gif

Sep 6, 2015 at 11:01 AM Post #18,302 of 19,652
muzikT:

1. HDTracks has the album at 44/24 in AIFF, WAV, ALAC, or FLAC this weekend for less than the iTunes price. If you like it, go buy!

2. Always, always, always use track number in your filenames!!! (seen this trip people up soooo many times)

3. Brooko's suggestion of using 101, 102... + 201, 202... is great if you care about ten embedding which song was on which album. If you don't care, just use 01, 02...

#gettingbacktobasics

Sep 6, 2015 at 2:18 PM Post #18,303 of 19,652
Hi,

Some of us are fortunate to have different set ups, so I'll say what I use with mine ....

In the front room, I feed from the line out into a Garage Polaris amp or an Ember.

Sometimes, I use digital out, straight into an Ifi Micro. The Micro is great for taking into the garden as well. I also use the Micro from TV via optical which is really good because it doubles up.

Upstairs, I often use an MF v8 amp, again, from the line out.

Mowing the lawn, straight from the headphone out into some closed headphones.

Walking around outside, straight into some iem's.

I use files ranging from MP3 to dsd and tend to change headphones to suit amp/quality of file/ genre of music.

Lots of variables from the x5 ranging from ok quality to really good, depending on where I am. Certainly, a high quality file into the Ifi Micro using a headphone like AKG K712 or Fostex TH900 for a bigger bass gives excellent results.

Hi and thanks for the tips. Sounds like you´re never really bored with the SO of your X5!
wink_face.gif
I am not that fortunate, though. The Micro has caught my attention recently, might give it a try.
Thanks again. Cheers!
Ivan

Sep 6, 2015 at 11:20 PM Post #18,304 of 19,652
Don't know how it happened, but it's severely messed up...

What I do with multi-disc albums is to just edit the track tags. After ripping, and presumably with auto-tagging enabled, what I will do is manually edit the Disc2 track numbers to pick up where Disc1 left off, then edit the album title. So for example I have "The Classical Conspiracy - Disc01" with tracks 1 to 17 and "The Classical Conspiracy - Disc02" with tracks 1 to 10, what I will end up with is one "The Classical Conspiracy" with tracks 1 to 27. MediaMonkey is set to just use the default automatic filenames.

Works fine on my SGS3, iPad2, MediaMonkey and Foobar on my laptop and desktop, and Fiio X1 and X5 that I got to try my SDcards in.

Sep 7, 2015 at 11:07 PM Post #18,309 of 19,652
Guys i just ordered a 1st gen fiio x5. Its still intransit. I have no experience with high end dap's whatsoever. My current dap is clip plus. Now to my question, i already own a fiio e11k. Do you think i should pair the e11k with x5 or will the x5 be better on its own?

Sep 7, 2015 at 11:20 PM Post #18,311 of 19,652
eaglearrow: I had an E11k and sold it. I think you'll be plenty happy with X5 on its own. However, you need to be the ultimate decider :wink:

Luckily, all that's involved is listening to your favorite tunes with X5 and then X5 + E11k, matching volume as closely as you can between the two, and choosing the setup you like best. Have fun!
:beerchug:

Sep 7, 2015 at 11:54 PM Post #18,312 of 19,652
Guys i just ordered a 1st gen fiio x5. Its still intransit. I have no experience with high end dap's whatsoever. My current dap is clip plus. Now to my question, i already own a fiio e11k. Do you think i should pair the e11k with x5 or will the x5 be better on its own?

i tried it with e12. you get a better control over drivers ie more percieved accuracy but loose a bit of detail.

also try x5 in desktop dac mode. it provides a little bit more control thus giving all detail while making amp redundant. to my ears anyway.

Sep 8, 2015 at 12:01 AM Post #18,313 of 19,652
The X5 is quite powerful on its own. For IEMs, you should have no need for stacking. With full-size cans... it depends on how efficient they are.

Stacking is an awful thing I don't EVER want to get in the habit of doing, for I fear I'll never stop. If you don't mind it, or if you truly need to power some heavy over-ears, then go for it.

The E11k is probably not the best choice though. The E12 or C5 are said to sound much better.

Sep 8, 2015 at 12:08 AM Post #18,315 of 19,652
I was thinking Cayin, though I haven't heard either one. The Cayin does seem to be a favorite around here. If I did begin stacking, that's where I would start. The way it's been described is quite enticing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back