The Fiio X5 Thread
Nov 8, 2013 at 12:32 PM Post #1,696 of 19,652

X5 will comes with a silicon case.

I like it, even from the first time use, we will be able to protect our precious
wink.gif
Also I always prefer silicone over hard materials, silicone absorbs the damage and offers better protection IMO.

Nov 8, 2013 at 2:24 PM Post #1,697 of 19,652

I like it, even from the first time use, we will be able to protect our precious
wink.gif
Also I always prefer silicone over hard materials, silicone absorbs the damage and offers better protection IMO.

I prefer the shiny gel covers - they're similar to silicone but don't attract dust.

Nov 8, 2013 at 2:27 PM Post #1,698 of 19,652

I prefer the shiny gel covers - they're similar to silicone but don't attract dust.

I prefer leather, bought an (overpriced) one for my X3. Don't like pressing buttons through silicone

Nov 8, 2013 at 2:52 PM Post #1,700 of 19,652
Wow, I didn't think that way, thanks Mython. Okay, at least from the first second we will be able to protect it. As for later on, if we can get gel cover, it is even better. Sorry but I am not a real fan of leather though probably it is just me and many people would prefer leather.

Nov 8, 2013 at 3:59 PM Post #1,701 of 19,652
  .... Okay, at least from the first second we will be able to protect it ....

Yeah, totally agree.

I've learned from past experience that if one doesn't protect a new device immediately, then it either never happens, or happens just that little bit too late, after the device has had a bang or dent or two.

As I've just mentioned over in the Calyx thread, I really am coming to the conclusion that there's nothing to compete with the X5, in many respects, and the mid-price is a bonus. The Calyx and the NW-ZX1 look slicker but may fall at the last hurdle in certain technical aspects.

Nov 8, 2013 at 4:36 PM Post #1,702 of 19,652

Yeah, totally agree.

I've learned from past experience that if one doesn't protect a new device immediately, then it either never happens, or happens just that little bit too late, after the device has had a bang or dent or two.

As I've just mentioned over in the Calyx thread, I really am coming to the conclusion that there's nothing to compete with the X5, in many respects, and the mid-price is a bonus. The Calyx and the NW-ZX1 look slicker but may fall at the last hurdle in certain technical aspects.

Don't forget the huge price difference either. X5 seems to be a winner of the worlds. Hope James ad his team deliver an outstanding SQ as well as user experience so we can be all happy without spending over 1k for a portable player.

Btw, @James, why do you insist on Digital Music Player labeling at the back side of the players? I prefer DAP honestly, Digital Audio Player. Probably it is too late to change it now but just my 2 cents. Anyway it is just letters, nothing important, make that player outstanding and let that Digital Music Player labeling be our only (stupid)problem.

Nov 9, 2013 at 5:19 AM Post #1,705 of 19,652
Nov 9, 2013 at 8:41 AM Post #1,709 of 19,652

I just don't think that it is a very difficult feature to make...I don't ask about some coaxial ****, just a damn hole in a case for a neck strap...if you don't like it, guys, don't use it. I wear DAPs on my neck since secondary school, it is kind of a habit.

Nov 9, 2013 at 8:49 AM Post #1,710 of 19,652

I just don't think that it is a very difficult feature to make...I don't ask about some coaxial ****, just a damn hole in a case for a neck strap...if you don't like it, guys, don't use it. I wear DAPs on my neck since secondary school, it is kind of a habit.

Silicone case can easily be rigged if it doesn't already have one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back