The Fiio X5 Thread
Jan 20, 2015 at 2:52 PM Post #15,271 of 19,652

Have you been only using modded firmwares? Or does all of this happen when using the Fiio released ones as well?

It has done it for direct FiiO updates.  I even changed the resume setting to start the last song instead of during the song.  Didn't help.
I can work around it I guess.  But not being able to see the screen except as a faint glow (macular degeneration), I depend on the x5 to act with some continuity.  The other day, when it reset itself to song 01 of 'all songs', I tried getting back to the folder album I was at, and somehow, changed the language to Chinese. 
These things happen.  But, that welcome/goodbye/crack thing has me stymied.  So I turn it on without HPs plugged in. 
Any opinions will be greatfully received.
Kevin

Jan 20, 2015 at 3:32 PM Post #15,272 of 19,652

It has done it for direct FiiO updates.  I even changed the resume setting to start the last song instead of during the song.  Didn't help.
I can work around it I guess.  But not being able to see the screen except as a faint glow (macular degeneration), I depend on the x5 to act with some continuity.  The other day, when it reset itself to song 01 of 'all songs', I tried getting back to the folder album I was at, and somehow, changed the language to Chinese. 
These things happen.  But, that welcome/goodbye/crack thing has me stymied.  So I turn it on without HPs plugged in. 
Any opinions will be greatfully received.
Kevin

something like taking it for repairs?.. i think that what you are experiencing is already within what should be repaired.

Jan 21, 2015 at 8:27 AM Post #15,273 of 19,652
Guys.... is this common and fixable?

I've experienced this 2 times already and it's given me the shock of my life.

While using line out to my amp Alo Continental V2, all of a sudden it just switches off by itself. I try desperately, pressing the power button countless times for around 10 or 15 minutes to turn it on but to no avail. Even tried plugging it into power sources and the red charging light is still on, but it won't turn on. Only after a while does it turn on, but it starts at the same song first song it played before it shut off.

Help?

Jan 21, 2015 at 9:01 AM Post #15,274 of 19,652
Guys.... is this common and fixable?

I've experienced this 2 times already and it's given me the shock of my life.

While using line out to my amp Alo Continental V2, all of a sudden it just switches off by itself. I try desperately, pressing the power button countless times for around 10 or 15 minutes to turn it on but to no avail. Even tried plugging it into power sources and the red charging light is still on, but it won't turn on. Only after a while does it turn on, but it starts at the same song first song it played before it shut off.

Help?

sounds like you need to reinstall the firmware!

Jan 21, 2015 at 12:50 PM Post #15,277 of 19,652
My advice is to always, always keep a copy of your preferred firmware on TF1. That way you can reflash as needed without a computer. I do this and haven't encountered any issues.

i too do this, to be able to always re-firmware whenever the one i have has problems. still, until now very few problems.

Jan 21, 2015 at 6:17 PM Post #15,278 of 19,652
Question for those that use the X5 with an amp, specifically the E12. Do you use rubber feet to prevent direct contact between the amp and X5? Should I be worried about scratchs/damage if I don't separate them with something?

Jan 21, 2015 at 6:46 PM Post #15,280 of 19,652
Question for those that use the X5 with an amp, specifically the E12. Do you use rubber feet to prevent direct contact between the amp and X5? Should I be worried about scratchs/damage if I don't separate them with something?

I sure do!
I'm kind of anal that way, I use the feet to prevent scratches.:xf_eek:
I seem to remember getting rubber feet with the X5 AND with the E12 just for this purpose.
Both my X5 and my E12 have rubber feet on them, so the X5 has rubber feet between the X5 and E12, and the E12 has rubber feet as the E12 is on the bottom of "the stack".
I also have the FiiO stacking kit with the cute little silver cable thingy to hold the whole thing together

CJ

Jan 21, 2015 at 6:58 PM Post #15,281 of 19,652
I sure do!
I'm kind of anal that way, I use the feet to prevent scratches.:xf_eek:
I seem to remember getting rubber feet with the X5 AND with the E12 just for this purpose.
Both my X5 and my E12 have rubber feet on them, so the X5 has rubber feet between the X5 and E12, and the E12 has rubber feet as the E12 is on the bottom of "the stack".
I also have the FiiO stacking kit with the cute little silver cable thingy to hold the whole thing together

CJ

Yea I believe at least the E12 comes with rubber feet. I plan to receive mine in 2 days so I'll find out then. I would prefer to not use anything between the X5 and E12 (with the HS7 stacking kit), but if they do rub against each other and create damage, I'll probably use the feet.

Jan 21, 2015 at 9:02 PM Post #15,284 of 19,652

Here's another option for you...   When the X5 first came out Fiio did not have the stacking kit out yet... so what I did was get some of the sticky side velcro and I used that, still do
actually...   its a good option, keeps the two from sliding around and no sctraches, plus its thinner than the feet...  plus you have protection on the back of the X5 and the E12... 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back