The Fiio X3 Thread.
Jul 6, 2013 at 8:44 AM Post #2,656 of 17,484
I've been using x3 for couple of days and found 1 serious bug in the latest firmware.

Occasionally, when playing musics (standard MP3 files) following sequence of button manipulation triggers freezing of the device:
1. While playing - Press Play/Pause button to stop playing
2. Press Bookmark/Back button to return to list
3. About for 10% of probability (rough estimation), the screen only shows background image except top information line part (track number, volume, play mode, battery status)
4. The device doesn't respond to any button manipulations, except Reset button.
5. The device can be restarted by repeated 'Reset - multiple click of Play button' combination.

I hope this is firmware related issue and can be fixed in the next update.

Thank you for reading.

Jul 6, 2013 at 9:08 AM Post #2,657 of 17,484
Quote:
Scam: You'll never get the goods. If you see the history of the sold goods, it's only been a few days since he start selling it and most people expect at least 2 weeks to a month or more for the item to arrive (heck, ebay only allow you to open a case 45 days after payment). Hence you will not see any feedback about the goods yet, or that's what the scammer want you to believe.

But go on and buy them if you want to experiment, but don't say that I didn't warn you later.

Of course, I will not because I can get it easily from local seller for approx. $210. 
biggrin.gif

Jul 6, 2013 at 9:19 AM Post #2,658 of 17,484
Wow im pretty much ready to buy a new fiio just I have some queries,
is anyone planning to buy from mp4nation.net? what is the ETA for the X3 stocks?
and is the X3 the same as fiio e17 where I can used it as a USB DAC for my PC/Laptop?

thanks guys!

Jul 6, 2013 at 9:35 AM Post #2,659 of 17,484
Dont know about mp3nation...

I read James said in this forum that they will not implement usb dac on x3 bcos it will complicate the whole thing...

Jul 6, 2013 at 10:32 AM Post #2,662 of 17,484
Quote:
Wow I was expecting it to replace my Fiio E17..tsk
Sure it could not be used as a USB DAC for PCs or Laptops?
aw man

Hi,

I am sure as I have X3 with the latest firmware installed. I just want to recap that James mentioned he is not going to include this feature in future firmware upgrade. E17 is a handy gadget to keep around e.g. the office if you just want to play music on laptop with good quality.If you must have the USB/DAC function on your DAP, you can try AK100, but the price is more than X3 + E17

Jul 6, 2013 at 10:53 AM Post #2,663 of 17,484
I don't know about anybody else, but I could care less if my portable audio player had USB DAC functionality. The music I want to listen to would be on the DAP already. 
wink.gif

Jul 6, 2013 at 10:58 AM Post #2,664 of 17,484
For goodness sake,

1) if you need a USB DAC, then Fiio will be happy to sell you one, and at a very reasonable price

2) if you need a DAP, then Fiio will be happy to sell you one, and at a very reasonable price

Why do people expect to have both for $200 bucks?

Jul 6, 2013 at 11:23 AM Post #2,665 of 17,484
Quote:
I don't know about anybody else, but I could care less if my portable audio player had USB DAC functionality. The music I want to listen to would be on the DAP already. 
wink.gif

Quote:
For goodness sake,

1) if you need a USB DAC, then Fiio will be happy to sell you one, and at a very reasonable price

2) if you need a DAP, then Fiio will be happy to sell you one, and at a very reasonable price

Why do people expect to have both for $200 bucks?

AHA! nailed it! LOLs
Imma be staying with my E17 if that's the case, I have my foobar and pc in the office anyways thank you geniuses!

Jul 6, 2013 at 11:41 AM Post #2,666 of 17,484
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcagara08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

and is the X3 the same as fiio e17 where I can used it as a USB DAC for my PC/Laptop?

Quote:
I read James said in this forum that they will not implement usb dac on x3 bcos it will complicate the whole thing...

Quote:
Wow I was expecting it to replace my Fiio E17..tsk
Sure it could not be used as a USB DAC for PCs or Laptops?
aw man

Quote:
I am sure as I have X3 with the latest firmware installed. I just want to recap that James mentioned he is not going to include this feature in future firmware upgrade.

I think the "issue" isn't firmware related. The X3 can't be used as a USB or S/PDIF DAC because it wasn't designed with that goal in mind, end of story.

Jul 6, 2013 at 12:05 PM Post #2,667 of 17,484
Quote:
About MP4 Nation & Fedex customs: If you are in the US you will most likely not be charged any tax, if you are in Canada you may be charged tax, if you are then Fedex will add onto the tax their handling fee (about CAD$10 extra). Other countries you may or may not be charged, you should contact your local fedex or customs office, or better yet ask any friends/family who may have experience with purchasing abroad and using fedex if they got taxed.

About MP4 Nation & X3 preorders: We will only sell how many we can order, when we will get the stock depends on FiiO own production of the X3, hopefully we get them sooner than later and please be understanding if there are delays caused by this for the final delivery. Should we sell the amount of units we have requested during the preorder then we will close the preorder sale.

Thanks very much for the information!

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Jul 6, 2013 at 12:37 PM Post #2,668 of 17,484
Jul 6, 2013 at 12:58 PM Post #2,670 of 17,484
Quote:
I've been using x3 for couple of days and found 1 serious bug in the latest firmware.

Occasionally, when playing musics (standard MP3 files) following sequence of button manipulation triggers freezing of the device:
1. While playing - Press Play/Pause button to stop playing
2. Press Bookmark/Back button to return to list
3. About for 10% of probability (rough estimation), the screen only shows background image except top information line part (track number, volume, play mode, battery status)
4. The device doesn't respond to any button manipulations, except Reset button.
5. The device can be restarted by repeated 'Reset - multiple click of Play button' combination.

I hope this is firmware related issue and can be fixed in the next update.

Thank you for reading.

hmm many are not happy after paying over 200$ for this DAP, no i am thinking of going DX50..... Fiio is filled with bugs that will make me throw it to the ground.... i mean seriously Fiio people are paying a lot here... test the damn DAP before selling it to people other than updating it 2-3 times where they are still suffering from the bugs,,, at least sansa clip+ didnt fail on that...

will wait 1-2 months and i really hope the X3 became bugless so i can buy it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back