The Fiio X3 Thread.
Jun 11, 2013 at 5:33 PM Post #1,621 of 17,484
Quote:
I did a very quick comparison of the two (headphone was my CIEMs JH10X3)
The X3 has a warmer and fuller sound, and has a bit more mid-bass.
The Clip Zip is thinner and brighter which makes details more apparent, but the details are also there from the X3.

Soundstaging is similar.

Gapless doesn't work. Upon reading the manual, it seems to me gapless is only supported if there's a cue sheet. I think we need JamesFiio to clarify.

Was there any noise or hiss with the JH10?

Jun 11, 2013 at 8:07 PM Post #1,622 of 17,484
Quote:
I did turn it on 
wink.gif

Peking: Is the gapless problem only with mp3?  Do FLAC files play gapless without problems? 

Jun 12, 2013 at 9:05 AM Post #1,625 of 17,484
If Flac files don't play gapless then that's a dealbreaker for me. It would be absolutely maddening to listen to a continuous piece of classical music with unnatural silence breaks every few minutes. I don't retain cue files after burning discs or downloading music and I believe that I am in the majority on that.

James, this is a big one...can you please clarify?

Jun 12, 2013 at 12:16 PM Post #1,627 of 17,484
Quote:
If Flac files don't play gapless then that's a dealbreaker for me. It would be absolutely maddening to listen to a continuous piece of classical music with unnatural silence breaks every few minutes. I don't retain cue files after burning discs or downloading music and I believe that I am in the majority on that.

James, this is a big one...can you please clarify?

Not just classical, you have live albums and progressive rock albums (both old and modern) that flow into each other.  One of the things that apple get right imho.

That said I wonder how many of us could tell the difference between 320mp3 and flac/alac.

Cheers

Jun 12, 2013 at 12:29 PM Post #1,628 of 17,484
Dudes, this is getting a bit silly... :)

You guys who HAVE the X3, and also are capable to follow the instruction on how to turn on gapless play on the device, can you PLASE give us a clear answer if it does work or not with lossless files (FLAC, ALAC)?

It can't be THAT hard, can it?

Cheers,

Jun 12, 2013 at 12:55 PM Post #1,629 of 17,484
Quote:
Dudes, this is getting a bit silly... :)

You guys who HAVE the X3, and also are capable to follow the instruction on how to turn on gapless play on the device, can you PLASE give us a clear answer if it does work or not with lossless files (FLAC, ALAC)?

It can't be THAT hard, can it?

Cheers,

Read the thread, you might learn that they already have done that and it doesn't work with FLAC and ALAC. 

Jun 12, 2013 at 6:14 PM Post #1,631 of 17,484
It sounds like a minor bug that can be fixed by a simple firmware update. I wouldn't be so quick to write off the X3 as a POS just yet 
size]

Jun 12, 2013 at 6:51 PM Post #1,633 of 17,484
Jun 12, 2013 at 7:29 PM Post #1,634 of 17,484
Hey guys,can someone please tell me which connector does the X3 needs for its coaxial output? Its confirmed to be a 3.5mm TRRS plug right? Not the 3.5mm mono plug? I wanna make sure as i trying to figure out the right connection i need for the Fiio X3 + JH3A/JH16 Pro combo for possible custom cable built request,thanks guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back