The Fiio X3 Thread.
Jun 12, 2013 at 7:46 PM Post #1,636 of 17,484
Could ClieOS or pekingduck maybe try installing one of the earlier firmware versions to see if the problem occurs in all previous firmware versions? 

I would love an update from James on this issue.

Jun 12, 2013 at 7:53 PM Post #1,637 of 17,484
Quote:
Hey guys,can someone please tell me which connector does the X3 needs for its coaxial output? Its confirmed to be a 3.5mm TRRS plug right? Not the 3.5mm mono plug? I wanna make sure as i trying to figure out the right connection i need for the Fiio X3 + JH3A/JH16 Pro combo for possible custom cable built request,thanks guys.

This is the adapter that comes with the X3. Doesn't look like a TRRS to me though I am not sure.

Jun 12, 2013 at 7:56 PM Post #1,638 of 17,484
Quote:
This is the adapter that comes with the X3. Doesn't look like a TRRS to me though I am not sure.

3.5mm goes into X3. Not TRRS. TRS/TRRS is analog input/output. 3.5mm does not automatically mean it is a TRS/TRRS connector for anyone wondering here. The term has just been used so often to mean a 3.5mm TRRS connector that its hard to seperate the two.

So yeah. 3.5mm goes into X3(FiiO does this on E17 and X3 to save internal space probably if not definately) And out comes the Digital Coaxial plug for you to plug an interconnect Digitial Coaxial cable into from the looks of it

Jun 12, 2013 at 11:57 PM Post #1,641 of 17,484
Quote:
James,
Can you chime in please and clear up the matter of gapless playback?

about the gapless,

1, set the gapless to " on " in the playback settings menu.

2, refresh the music lib first

3, choose the album play.

if the sound track has the sequential sound track it should work, we will test more format to see whether there are some limited for lossless and cue files. 

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jun 13, 2013 at 12:11 AM Post #1,642 of 17,484
James, I have a question about the X3's gapless playback. 

Does the X3 require you to use a cue sheet in order for gapless playback to work for FLAC or mp3? 

I do not EVER use cue sheets, so this is very important to me. 

Jun 13, 2013 at 3:09 AM Post #1,643 of 17,484
3.5mm goes into X3. Not TRRS. TRS/TRRS is analog input/output. 3.5mm does not automatically mean it is a TRS/TRRS connector for anyone wondering here. The term has just been used so often to mean a 3.5mm TRRS connector that its hard to seperate the two.

So yeah. 3.5mm goes into X3(FiiO does this on E17 and X3 to save internal space probably if not definately) And out comes the Digital Coaxial plug for you to plug an interconnect Digitial Coaxial cable into from the looks of it

so the signal out from the x3 after this adapter plugged in is digital or analog?

Jun 13, 2013 at 5:51 AM Post #1,645 of 17,484
Quote:
so the signal out from the x3 after this adapter plugged in is digital or analog?

It's digital even before it goes into that adapter - it has a dedicated Coaxial port, unlike the combo earphone analog+SPDIF optical on laptops. It's just that, for a mobile device, it uses a mini-jack instead of the single RCA jack for coaxial. They included the adapter so anyone can just hook it up to their home systems straight away; anyone who would use this, for example, strapped to a portable DAC-Amp would probably go ahead and have a coaxial cable fabricated with a 3.5mm on one and and an RCA on the other to minimize the bulk. Then again, I can imagine this to be rare - the X3 is essentially the E17, so I can't imagine the gains to hooking it up to an Ibasso D12 for example would be worth hauling both of them strapped together as opposed to a battery recharging pack elsewhere (another pocket in the pants, jacket, bag, etc).

Jun 13, 2013 at 8:00 AM Post #1,646 of 17,484
Quote:

about the gapless,

1, set the gapless to " on " in the playback settings menu.

2, refresh the music lib first

3, choose the album play.

if the sound track has the sequential sound track it should work, we will test more format to see whether there are some limited for lossless and cue files. 

Ah, that's why gapless doesn't work for me before as I always play music via the file browser and not by album play. I just got The Beetle - Abbey Road and tested gapless again  - it works when play via category>album, but not file browser. Hopefully gapless can be implemented into file browser playback in the future as well.

Jun 13, 2013 at 8:07 AM Post #1,647 of 17,484
Quote:
Ah, that's why gapless doesn't work for me before as I always play music via the file browser and not by album play. I just got The Beetle - Abbey Road and tested gapless again  - it works when play via category>album, but not file browser. Hopefully gapless can be implemented into file browser playback in the future as well.

Glad this has been cleared up.

Jun 13, 2013 at 8:43 AM Post #1,649 of 17,484
Quote:

This sounds like it would drive me crazy.  I always play my music using the file browser. 

James - Can gapless playback be implemented for file browser playback in a firmware upgrade? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back