The Fiio X3 Thread.
Jun 11, 2013 at 10:32 AM Post #1,606 of 17,484
Quote:
On my Clip Zip (RB'd) and iPod, gapless works flawlessly with the same set of files.

Didn't I read ClieOs saying that gapless was an option in the settings that needed to be turned on to work?

Jun 11, 2013 at 11:27 AM Post #1,608 of 17,484
Quote:
Didn't I read ClieOs saying that gapless was an option in the settings that needed to be turned on to work?

I did. I don't actually have any gapless album so I didn't test the function during the review. But I did just find some loop-back files (here) that are meant to test gapless and they didn't work at all.

Jun 11, 2013 at 12:02 PM Post #1,610 of 17,484
Never a great idea to put too much weight on just one person's opinion...it's exactly that... One person. ...Opinion. Let's not forget up till now we had one other opinion that was way in the other direction. Probably the reality of the SQ is somewhere in the middle. And each user will have their own opinion based on their needs, preferences and expectations. 

As far as gapless, I am sure James will weigh in. I remember it being supported? Perhaps a fix, firmware update or such will fix things up. 

Let's not have everyone get their panties in a twist just yet! 

Jun 11, 2013 at 12:27 PM Post #1,613 of 17,484
Exactly. One man's 'subtle' SQ difference might be huge for another.

Exactly. I find mostly all differences between decent equipment to be subtle. It takes time...days or more with any piece of gear to truly recognize strengths and weaknesses. But subtle positive differences are often worth it me.

Anyone who is expecting a "massive" upgrade from ANY piece of equipment (X3 included) is setting themselves up for serious disappointment. . (yes someone just used that term a few posts back)

Jun 11, 2013 at 12:37 PM Post #1,614 of 17,484
Jun 11, 2013 at 5:19 PM Post #1,620 of 17,484
I did turn it on 
wink.gif

Quote:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back