The Fiio X3 Thread.
May 2, 2013 at 1:46 PM Post #691 of 17,483
Quote:
My only frustration with this thread is... where is my link to buy now in uk!?
smily_headphones1.gif
.... Never been a patient man
smily_headphones1.gif

European fellows, like you and me, have to wait a while. Yep, I know how do you feel mate.

May 2, 2013 at 2:08 PM Post #692 of 17,483
Quote:
I actually dislike RockBox for the fact that it has too many options.

That's the whole point....give the user more options, to get the most possible out of their hardware. Seriously though, after an initial setup, experimentation,  and acclimatization period, it's quick and easy getting through the menus to what you are after. 
wink.gif

May 2, 2013 at 2:19 PM Post #693 of 17,483
Direct delete would be a firmware change and very useful, in my opinion.  I wouldn't think of asking for hardware changes this late in the game.

My DAP is essentially a single playlist.  I put entire albums on it when I first get them, then purge away the songs I don't like, as I listen - deleting them from the DAP, not from my PC.

It would be a much appreciated feature for the X3.

Mike

May 2, 2013 at 2:52 PM Post #694 of 17,483
Quote:
That's the whole point....give the user more options, to get the most possible out of their hardware. Seriously though, after an initial setup, experimentation,  and acclimatization period, it's quick and easy getting through the menus to what you are after. 
wink.gif

My requirement for DAP is simple - good SQ and an easy to use interface. RockBox is useful for adding a lot of things, but the fundamental doesn't change. Thus whatever have been added are mostly of no use for me. Option is good only when you need option, or else it is just taking up space as everything else. In that case, I am quite happy with the stock firmware.

May 2, 2013 at 4:00 PM Post #696 of 17,483
Quote:

My requirement for DAP is simple - good SQ and an easy to use interface. RockBox is useful for adding a lot of things, but the fundamental doesn't change. Thus whatever have been added are mostly of no use for me. Option is good only when you need option, or else it is just taking up space as everything else. In that case, I am quite happy with the stock firmware.

The trouble with options is that everyone needs different ones. If you need only 3, and I need 4, and the next guy needs only one, that might be just 4 options, or it might be up to 8. And that's only with three people. Rockbox has, I guess, thousands of users, and every feature taken away is bound to be missed by someone. Of course, if we're talking about firmware for everyone, advanced features shouldn't get in the way of the basic ones, but that doesn't mean features are bad.

May 2, 2013 at 5:05 PM Post #697 of 17,483
Nothing can beat Rockbox as a firmware programme.Been developed and improved for over 10 years.I wish Fiio will release the source for the firmware.
James can you please tell me if you used the strong new jacks imputs on X3 and if there will be a recorder function built in the DAP anytime soon?
Thanks,Levi

May 2, 2013 at 5:41 PM Post #698 of 17,483
Quote:
Nothing can beat Rockbox as a firmware programme.Been developed and improved for over 10 years.I wish Fiio will release the source for the firmware.

James has already said they can't reveal the source due to the license for some hardware used (CPU, if I'm not mistaken). And one of the Rockbox developers said they're not interested in porting Rockbox to the X3. So, anything could happen, but for now let's hope Fiio nails their FW.

May 2, 2013 at 5:59 PM Post #699 of 17,483
James has already said they can't reveal the source due to the license for some hardware used (CPU, if I'm not mistaken). And one of the Rockbox developers said they're not interested in porting Rockbox to the X3. So, anything could happen, but for now let's hope Fiio nails their FW.
Musicday is the Rockbox developer... He said they wouldn't work exclusively on it. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back