The Fiio X3 Thread.
May 2, 2013 at 9:26 AM Post #676 of 17,484
Lol!!! Barney color,... 
etysmile.gif

May 2, 2013 at 11:30 AM Post #679 of 17,484
Quote:

will add the delete feature when the mass production is released in June.

Don't really see deleting song as a particularly important features to have. If it is not a song I like, I won't have put it onto the device in the first place. If I forget to skip it during sync, there is always the 'next' button. Then again, I rather like to listen to the whole album at once.

Fiio is very kind to try to accommodate everyone's needs (at least through firmware updates). Everyone has different preference when using a DAP, some of which may be difficult to comprehend if you don't put yourself into the others' shoes.

Here is a scenario when direct deletion on DAP is useful. You buy 30 CDs at one time, some of which you don't have chance to sample before purchase (used CDs are cheap, why not gamble). You don't have time to sit in front of computer to filter out what you like -- you do that on a DAP (e.g., Rockbox Sansa Clip+) while you listen portably. You delete the albums that you don't like to save DAP storage and then you add more albums to sift through.

Another scenario is when you have a compilation album. You like most songs there, but 1 or 2 filler songs annoy you. You want to delete those filler songs. You don't want to add lots of songs in favorite play list and prefer to listen album by album, but you want to avoid those filler songs during "auto next".

May 2, 2013 at 11:59 AM Post #681 of 17,484
Quote:
Fiio is very kind to try to accommodate everyone's needs (at least through firmware updates). Everyone has different preference when using a DAP, some of which may be difficult to comprehend if you don't put yourself into the others' shoes.

As a music lover, I find that counter intuitive. If I have the time to listen to an album (or 30 in that case) to discover the good and bad of it, I am pretty sure I will make time to at least sync music to my preference when connected to a PC. But may be I am not that busy a person.

Regardless, I am not saying it is not a useful feature to have, just not a very important one or a 'killer feature' IMO. If that is one, great; if there isn't one, I am not going to lose any sleep over it. That's all.

May 2, 2013 at 12:13 PM Post #682 of 17,484
As a music lover, I find that counter intuitive. If I have the time to listen to an album (or 30 in that case) to discover the good and bad of it, I am pretty sure I will make time to at least sync music to my preference when connected to a PC. But may be I am not that busy a person.

Regardless, I am not saying it is not a useful feature to have, just not a very important one or a 'killer feature' IMO. If that is one, great; if there isn't one, I am not going to lose any sleep over it. That's all.

Well, there are people who batch-sync first, then listen carefully to determine what to keep and what to delete.

I agree that direct deletion on DAP is not a must-have or killer feature, but it is a nice one to have (whether it is important would be up to individual user; for example, Rockbox implements that feature because some people need it).

May 2, 2013 at 12:19 PM Post #683 of 17,484
Heya, 

I've had various DAPs over the years that would let me delete something directly off the player, and I think I only ever did it once or twice, just deleting podcasts that I had listened to.  Never felt inclined to delete a song while away from computer.

Very best, 

May 2, 2013 at 12:24 PM Post #684 of 17,484
I used this feature on my Cowon S9, was handy for me because I would forget what my 32gb was filled with, made life easy to check an album say nah, don't want that anymore then delete it. Saved me having to remember until next time it was connected. I think it's important for FLAC users who need every Meg they can get spare

/2cents

May 2, 2013 at 12:38 PM Post #685 of 17,484
I actually dislike RockBox for the fact that it has too many options. Don't know if it can be done in the current generation of RB or not (haven't played with RB for a long time now), but I would have like it better if there is an option to 'skip' other options. There are like 50 options to flip through every times and I am only interest in one or two of them. Would be nice if there is some kind of modular approach where you can choose to install what feature you want. People who like features can get what they want and people who like it simple can keep it simple.

Anyway, I'll say the thing I want to see on the next X3 firmware is an improvement on stability. That should be their priority. It is not terrible by an mean, but occasionally there are still some random freeze / stuck from time to time.

May 2, 2013 at 12:45 PM Post #686 of 17,484
Even if rockbox set it up as user modes such as beginner, novice, advanced etc etc, which controlled what was visible.

May 2, 2013 at 1:20 PM Post #687 of 17,484
+1 for having direct delete on the X3. I use this feature all the time with my current pos Creative Zen player. It is true that I can always delete the song when I plug it back into the computer, but I am not going to remember which song I dislike when I am not longer listening. Prior to my pos Creative Zen, I had another junk player that did not have the direct delete option, and it was such a pain in the butt that it was one of the deal breakers (among several other things).

May 2, 2013 at 1:44 PM Post #690 of 17,484
Can Fiio also add a tricorder function? There's a $7,000,000 prize at stake...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back