The Fiio X3 Thread.
May 24, 2015 at 5:15 PM Post #16,097 of 17,484
Has anyone else had issues with the HS5 case forcing the micro SD card out?

Several times I have taken the X3 out of the case recently, the SD card pops out. It is annoying as I loose the place where I was in a song and album. I don't take it out the case that much but I think it must be that the card sticks out too far and the slightest little bit pressure on the side of the case forces it to come out. It never stops playing when the case is on at least. I may just have to remember to only take it off when the player it off or keep hold of it and push it back in as I take the X3 out of the case.

I think the problem will be that the card sticks out too far. That has always been a little irritating with the X3 for me.

May 24, 2015 at 5:32 PM Post #16,098 of 17,484
Has anyone else had issues with the HS5 case forcing the micro SD card out?

Several times I have taken the X3 out of the case recently, the SD card pops out. It is annoying as I loose the place where I was in a song and album. I don't take it out the case that much but I think it must be that the card sticks out too far and the slightest little bit pressure on the side of the case forces it to come out. It never stops playing when the case is on at least. I may just have to remember to only take it off when the player it off or keep hold of it and push it back in as I take the X3 out of the case.

I think the problem will be that the card sticks out too far. That has always been a little irritating with the X3 for me.

Happened to me couple of times and was one of the reasons why I made a nice little hole for SD card on a side of the case.

May 24, 2015 at 6:28 PM Post #16,099 of 17,484
Happened to me couple of times and was one of the reasons why I made a nice little hole for SD card on a side of the case.

I can understand how that is useful for some. The only time I ever take the card out is when I add some music that takes up a lot of space and I use a high speed USB 3 micro SD card reader. Other than that, it stays in the X3 and the X3 stays in the case. For me, I wouldn't want a hole for the card.

May 24, 2015 at 7:59 PM Post #16,101 of 17,484
I really do like my Fiio X3 alot, I use it as a DAC+AMP in the meanwhile, one issue I've been having is the warmness of the amp because of my headphones already having warm tilts for the most part. EQ and lowering the bass in options never really seems to sound quite right, so I usually just end up leaving it in default. Still as a player its definitely one of my favorites.

May 25, 2015 at 2:47 AM Post #16,102 of 17,484

I suggest you to read the X3ii thread. There is many comparison you can find there.
In a nutshell X3ii is brighter, and much more detailed, much more refined than the classic.
Classic is warm and dark. Less refined. Especially in the lows...

beerchug.gif

May 26, 2015 at 10:30 AM Post #16,105 of 17,484
I'm sorry if this has been already asked. I tried searching in thread, but it's getting tooooo long. Anyway, my question is about DSD playback on X3 1st gen. Can X3 1st gen output DSD stream through SPDIF (DoP, most likely)? I'd like to use it as a transport to feed my DSD DAC.

May 28, 2015 at 9:37 PM Post #16,107 of 17,484
Anyone having issues with their X3 constantly locking up?  I'm wondering if it is my 64 GB card formatted to FAT32 that is giving me these issues and wondering if I should just format the card to be 32 GB FAT 32?

May 28, 2015 at 10:25 PM Post #16,108 of 17,484
Anyone having issues with their X3 constantly locking up?  I'm wondering if it is my 64 GB card formatted to FAT32 that is giving me these issues and wondering if I should just format the card to be 32 GB FAT 32?

Why not use all the space on the card? Just insert the card and format from the settings menu. Should work unless the card is buggered or there's something wrong with the files tags or giant album art. Or you've got other unknown files on the card.

May 28, 2015 at 10:39 PM Post #16,109 of 17,484
Why not use all the space on the card? Just insert the card and format from the settings menu. Should work unless the card is buggered or there's something wrong with the files tags or giant album art. Or you've got other unknown files on the card.

Ah, forgot about being about to format the card on the X3 itself.  I'll give that a go now and see if the issues continue.  Cheers!

The reason for not using the other space is to ensure the card is formatted properly without any third party software that might be causing conflicts.  The card performs fine.

May 28, 2015 at 10:51 PM Post #16,110 of 17,484

Ah, forgot about being about to format the card on the X3 itself.  I'll give that a go now and see if the issues continue.  Cheers!

The reason for not using the other space is to ensure the card is formatted properly without any third party software that might be causing conflicts.  The card performs fine.

Right. Allocation unit size defaults differently between format software and it's always a case of speed vs space. This was a HUGE problem before FiiO added the format tool in the FW back in the earlier days of the X3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back