The Fiio X3 Thread.
May 21, 2015 at 3:17 PM Post #16,081 of 17,484
Hmm. Sounds like Audacity is using vorbis tags which don't work for MP3. I wonder if there's something you can toggle in settings?

I will try and explain what I do and add some images.

At first, this is what I get after I have split the tracks. The options that are selected are what I use.

Then, In the window labelled "Edit Metadata", I name the Artist, Album and the Year. I label the tracks as I split them so they will already be done. This is just an example.

In the window above, If I change Export format to Ogg vorbis files, then it does see all my info on the X3. This is what you said.

I only tag them as Mp3s as they save room and the are also more compatible with other devices which often don't support oggs, flacs and similar formats. They also take up a little less room than Oggs and hardly sound any worse.

There may still be a way of tagging them right but It seems to be taking me a long time to work out if I have done this with over 1000 tracks and I still haven't figured it out.

May 21, 2015 at 3:48 PM Post #16,082 of 17,484
I think you can "convert" the tags in mp3tag.
Try it on a copy of the files!

In mp3tag set in tools/options/tags/mpeg that
- it reads all types of tags,
- writes the type you want - I use ID3v2.3 UTF-16
- and removes all

1) open the files in mp3tag ("change directory" or "add directory")
2) supposing the tags are there and are correct, click on "remove tag"
3) click on "undo"
4) click on save

and that's it.

May 21, 2015 at 4:20 PM Post #16,084 of 17,484
  I think you can "convert" the tags in mp3tag.
Try it on a copy of the files!

In mp3tag set in tools/options/tags/mpeg that
- it reads all types of tags,
- writes the type you want - I use ID3v2.3 UTF-16
- and removes all

1) open the files in mp3tag ("change directory" or "add directory")
2) supposing the tags are there and are correct, click on "remove tag"
3) click on "undo"
4) click on save

and that's it.

Hmm, I have now looked up Mp3tag and it is for windows. I have Linux and am running Ubuntu 14.04. I have tried using wine before to help windows programs run but they often don't work very well.

I have EasyTAG but am not very familiar with it because I hardly ever use it.

https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/EasyTAG

Do you think this program would do the same job?

I still can't be sure if it is worth the hassle or not. I still get to my tracks fine. I just can't see the artist or album name on the now playing screen.

May 22, 2015 at 10:01 AM Post #16,088 of 17,484
I have had isues with Wine and Ubuntu beofre though. I think I will just leave my Mp3s as they are for the moment.

Thanks for the suggestions though.
I just run multiple OS's and avoid things like Wine to avoid possible issues :wink:

May 24, 2015 at 4:04 AM Post #16,089 of 17,484
  Controversial?

Sorry about the quality, my phone's cam is pretty bad.. I painted the X3 because I am not a careful person and tend to drop things, so the X3 was pretty beat up. I wanted to try something new 
biggrin.gif
 Some might not like it and if I were to do it again, I would maybe only paint the sides and tape the brushed back. But overall, I'm quite satisfied. A qualified painter would probably have got a better result and I also did not polish it (yet).

Cool, I like it!

May 24, 2015 at 12:58 PM Post #16,092 of 17,484
Sorry if this has already been covered but I don't have the time to read all 1000 pages :smiley:

Is there any way to stream flac audio from a NAS on the x3 (or any of the fiio players) from either a network share our dlna server?

May 24, 2015 at 1:35 PM Post #16,093 of 17,484
Sorry if this has already been covered but I don't have the time to read all 1000 pages :smiley:

Is there any way to stream flac audio from a NAS on the x3 (or any of the fiio players) from either a network share our dlna server?

No, that's not possible.

May 24, 2015 at 1:48 PM Post #16,095 of 17,484
  Fiio X3 vs. X3 2nd. Gen.  sound quality comparison, somebody? or link please, thanks.

I suggest you to read the X3ii thread. There is many comparison you can find there.
In a nutshell X3ii is brighter, and much more detailed, much more refined than the classic.
Classic is warm and dark. Less refined. Especially in the lows...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back