The Fiio X3 Thread.
Nov 2, 2014 at 8:08 AM Post #13,396 of 17,484

Oh I see, since it's still beta I'm worrying about some minor things it might cause

Will check on the FW ver first when it arrives.
Should any problem persists, is it possible to downgrade the FW?

I had no issues going back to try out an older version.
To downgrade or upgrade you simply need to delete the current file called x3.fw and replace it with the newer or older version. Then, you press and hold both the power and the return buttons on the X3 at the same time and it should start the update. It always says updating even if you are downgrading.

For me, it seems like FW 3.2 is the beta version and 3.21b is the latest official FW. I would say the best overall will be 3.0 at the moment.

Nov 2, 2014 at 8:42 AM Post #13,397 of 17,484
  Wonder if it's a firmware bug (dont know which firmware do you have guys) but i reverted to 3.00EX and i have never experienced crackling, i play flacs (i haven't touched the flacs on the internal memory)

I'm still back on 2.1. I have a 128gb sd card and the 5800 song limit on newer firmwares is a show stopper for me. I am well over that with Flac and high bitrate mp3s.

Nov 2, 2014 at 9:36 AM Post #13,398 of 17,484
Yes you can downgrade

To downgrade or upgrade you simply need to delete the current file called x3.fw and replace it with the newer or older version. Then, you press and hold both the power and the return buttons on the X3 at the same time and it should start the update. It always says updating even if you are downgrading.

For me, it seems like FW 3.2 is the beta version and 3.21b is the latest official FW. I would say the best overall will be 3.0 at the moment.

Okay got it.
Thanks, now can't wait for my X3 
biggrin.gif

Nov 3, 2014 at 5:03 PM Post #13,401 of 17,484
For some reason, I have noticed problems seeing artists, songs and albums everywhere but the browse files option. (That happens to be what I like to use most often luckily).

When I select the TF card option on the X3, I have 3 folders:
A - H,
I - Q,
R -Z.

This just makes it quicker to get to where I want as I have 139 different artists altogether at the moment.

What doesn't make sense is when I go into Category from the menu and select Artist, there are only 22 and lots of them are there 2 or 3 times? It just didn't used to be like this at all. If I go into Album, there are only 28. I am not sure how many albums I have on my X3 but it will be well over 300 I am sure. I won't be accurate because I don't count how many albums I have.
Out of what is there, it is in alphabetical order but I happen to have albums that just call themselves numbers. (Peter Gabriel 1, 2, 3, and 4). They are not at the top so that proves that there are a lot of things that should be there and aren't.

When I go into All songs, there are only 3 songs that are the 1st track of an album and begin with 01-A. I have a lot more than that since I happen to have 3333 tracks at the moment!

It seems to be so unpredictable as I have just done a full reset just now as I am writing this and it now is showing more in the Category options but still nowhere close to everything I have. It is very strange.

I think I will be happy enough with the browse files option as that always works no problem. It is just frustrating having other ways of playing the music that don't show all of the folders.

Sorry if this doesn't make much sense. It could just be that it doesn't like my 64gb card or something.

Nov 3, 2014 at 5:54 PM Post #13,402 of 17,484
  For some reason, I have noticed problems seeing artists, songs and albums everywhere but the browse files option. (That happens to be what I like to use most often luckily).

When I select the TF card option on the X3, I have 3 folders:
A - H,
I - Q,
R -Z.

This just makes it quicker to get to where I want as I have 139 different artists altogether at the moment.

What doesn't make sense is when I go into Category from the menu and select Artist, there are only 22 and lots of them are there 2 or 3 times? It just didn't used to be like this at all. If I go into Album, there are only 28. I am not sure how many albums I have on my X3 but it will be well over 300 I am sure. I won't be accurate because I don't count how many albums I have.
Out of what is there, it is in alphabetical order but I happen to have albums that just call themselves numbers. (Peter Gabriel 1, 2, 3, and 4). They are not at the top so that proves that there are a lot of things that should be there and aren't.

When I go into All songs, there are only 3 songs that are the 1st track of an album and begin with 01-A. I have a lot more than that since I happen to have 3333 tracks at the moment!

It seems to be so unpredictable as I have just done a full reset just now as I am writing this and it now is showing more in the Category options but still nowhere close to everything I have. It is very strange.

I think I will be happy enough with the browse files option as that always works no problem. It is just frustrating having other ways of playing the music that don't show all of the folders.

Sorry if this doesn't make much sense. It could just be that it doesn't like my 64gb card or something.

Try ejecting your sd card, and then doing an library update. That hopefully should clear out the database. You could also deleted the library files, but should search the thread to find directions cause I'm lousy at trying to explain those sort of things.

Nov 3, 2014 at 8:31 PM Post #13,403 of 17,484

For what it's worth, I was having gapless playback issues with FW3.21b but not with FW3.2, so I'm using that.  Both 3.2 and 3.21b were perfectly stable for me.

Nov 4, 2014 at 1:49 AM Post #13,404 of 17,484

I'm still back on 2.1. I have a 128gb sd card and the 5800 song limit on newer firmwares is a show stopper for me. I am well over that with Flac and high bitrate mp3s.

The 5800 file limit is on all firmwares except for a beta for the X5. If you think the earlier versions didn't have it you are probably mistaken. You can have more than 5800 files with any version of the firmware. Files over 5800 are just not recognized in the database but can be played when you use the file browser method.

Nov 4, 2014 at 2:01 AM Post #13,405 of 17,484
5.800 songs with an average length of about 3 minutes gives about 300 hours of listening before you get to hear the next song again.......

Nov 4, 2014 at 5:20 AM Post #13,406 of 17,484
  Try ejecting your sd card, and then doing an library update. That hopefully should clear out the database. You could also deleted the library files, but should search the thread to find directions cause I'm lousy at trying to explain those sort of things.

Ejecting my card and doing a total reset seems to have done it. I put my card back in then did a library update and when I go to the play all option it says playing track 1/3333 which is how many I have at the moment. Before it said playing 1/182 and that number kept changing every time the X3 got turned on and off again.

Nov 4, 2014 at 8:46 AM Post #13,407 of 17,484
FiiO's official AliExpress store......enjoy!

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/1473108?utm_campaign=website&utm_source=sendgrid.com&utm_medium=email

Nov 4, 2014 at 1:18 PM Post #13,410 of 17,484
Sooooooo... I finally got my X3 and couldn't be happier with it.
I updated the firmware to 3.21b at once, and seem to notice some problems...

Sometimes it lags when changing song. I thought it was because my album art is around 2000x2000 pixel, but it also occurs with 600x600.
And DAC function isn't recognized by my PC, my laptop, and my friend's new laptop.
Is this firmware problem or hardware problem? File transfer is as smooth as silk though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back