The Fiio X3 Thread.
Nov 1, 2014 at 11:21 AM Post #13,381 of 17,484
  Hi. Thank you for the reply. I have also noticed this issue appears only on my Bower's and Wilkins P7 and not on my Audio technica M50. It was befuddling that the $400 pair couldn't handle the X3 well and I was disappointed. I tried testing my X3 on other headphones in my local headphone distributor and so far, no headphones had displayed the same issue. Although all the tracks on the X3 are tolerable on a lower volume and bass level, I really prefer a wide thumping bass and I couldn't achieve that on the B&WP7

Wonder if it's a firmware bug (dont know which firmware do you have guys) but i reverted to 3.00EX and i have never experienced crackling, i play flacs (i haven't touched the flacs on the internal memory)

Nov 1, 2014 at 11:59 AM Post #13,382 of 17,484

I have had my X3 since July and never experienced crackling until this week. I hooked the X3 up to my son's car stereo through the line out and there was a ton of crackling (song independent mp3).  I've never had this happen on my car or using either of my Etymotic IEM's (mc5 or er4). There must be some combinations of devices that don't get along with the X3. 

The crackling you are hearing may be the car stereo's input over loading. The X3's line out is fairly high voltage and some aux inputs are not designed for this

Nov 1, 2014 at 12:54 PM Post #13,383 of 17,484
Shuffle(Random) play issues with mp3s- 3.00EX.
My X3 on 3.00EX plays the same pattern, so every time I start listening I have to choose a song I haven't before, which starts a new pattern.  I prefer 3.00EX sonically...and want to stay-it's warmer. 
Any ideas on how to avoid the dreaded non-random shuffle?  
Thanks

Nov 1, 2014 at 6:08 PM Post #13,384 of 17,484

I have had my X3 since July and never experienced crackling until this week. I hooked the X3 up to my son's car stereo through the line out and there was a ton of crackling (song independent mp3).  I've never had this happen on my car or using either of my Etymotic IEM's (mc5 or er4). There must be some combinations of devices that don't get along with the X3. 

Hi. Thank you for the reply. I have also noticed this issue appears only on my Bower's and Wilkins P7 and not on my Audio technica M50. It was befuddling that the $400 pair couldn't handle the X3 well and I was disappointed. I tried testing my X3 on other headphones in my local headphone distributor and so far, no headphones had displayed the same issue. Although all the tracks on the X3 are tolerable on a lower volume and bass level, I really prefer a wide thumping bass and I couldn't achieve that on the B&WP7

That's very strange. I auditioned the P7's with my X3 along with a handful of other over the ear phones in the same price range and I was able to get prodigious bass output from the B&W's. Too much bass in fact and this was the main reason I chose the NAD Viso HP50 over the P7. Price difference was not an issue. If I had thought that the P7's were as good or better than the Viso I would have bought them. I almost wish I had as I purchased my X5 shortly after buying the HP50's and they are ever so slightly bass light with the X5 compared to the X3. My gut feeling is that the P7's would be a much better pairing with the X5 then they were with the X3. Strange how people hear things differently. Now I don't remember offhand which firmware was installed on my X3 at the time and the files on my SD cards are all FLAC or WAV.

Nov 1, 2014 at 10:54 PM Post #13,385 of 17,484
Hello everyone,

I consider buying this pretty PMP if my Clip+ leave me, but before, I'd like to know some specific things about it:
1) Are these features available? Opus support, replay gain with peak normalization
2) Does the cover picturesneeds to be embedded as tag, or a simple file.png|jpg in the folder can do the trick?
3) Is the software for making themes Windows only (and I find strange that theme support is official, while the application isn't on their site)?
4) I'm pretty sure this question is useless, but can these drive 80omh (more like 100 actually) headphones properly?

Thanks for the attention.

Nov 2, 2014 at 6:01 AM Post #13,388 of 17,484
Hi, I just purchased my X3 finally after a long battle of deciding between it and X1.

Currently preparing things for when it arrives Tuesday
Is the beta 3.21 firmware stable? Or should I just go with the 3.0 in the support website?

Nov 2, 2014 at 7:03 AM Post #13,389 of 17,484
  Hi, I just purchased my X3 finally after a long battle of deciding between it and X1.

Is the beta 3.21 firmware stable? Or should I just go with the 3.0 in the support website?

it is very stable for me .. plus the added features that doesn't exist in the previous versions 

Nov 2, 2014 at 7:04 AM Post #13,390 of 17,484

The FW it will probably come with is 3.2. I found that to be very unstable. It had a lot of problems remembering what it was playing and what album it was from. FW 3.0 is stable for me anyway. I am on 3.21b and that seems fine too. I would just avoid 3.2.

Nov 2, 2014 at 7:23 AM Post #13,393 of 17,484
It doesn't support replay gain, yet. I'm not sure of opus format though ( isnt that lossy?)
Simply put jpeg files in the folder
Can't say about theme making
It packs enough juice to drive100ohm

Regards

Thanks for the fast answer. I think I'll wait for replay gain. And yes, Opus is lossy, but transparent at 128-160, and my entire collection doesn't fit on 128GB at all. Relieved about the cover thing, since most manufacturers only caters to ID3 tags.

Nov 2, 2014 at 7:26 AM Post #13,394 of 17,484
  it is very stable for me .. plus the added features that doesn't exist in the previous versions 

Oh I see, since it's still beta I'm worrying about some minor things it might cause

The FW it will probably come with is 3.2. I found that to be very unstable. It had a lot of problems remembering what it was playing and what album it was from. FW 3.0 is stable for me anyway. I am on 3.21b and that seems fine too. I would just avoid 3.2.

Will check on the FW ver first when it arrives.
Should any problem persists, is it possible to downgrade the FW?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back