The Fiio X3 Thread.
Nov 4, 2014 at 2:19 PM Post #13,412 of 17,484
I'm looking for a "shuffle all" feature for external storage or internal and external. I've only had my X3 for about a month, so I might have missed it, but that seems like it would be pretty standard and easy to find feature. Apparently I'm on retard UI. It just shows 6 pictures. How do I fix that?

Nov 4, 2014 at 2:24 PM Post #13,413 of 17,484

Ejecting my card and doing a total reset seems to have done it. I put my card back in then did a library update and when I go to the play all option it says playing track 1/3333 which is how many I have at the moment. Before it said playing 1/182 and that number kept changing every time the X3 got turned on and off again.

Glad to hear it worked. I occasionally get missing track messages if I've been changing music around. I guess the library doesn't always find the changes.

Nov 4, 2014 at 2:51 PM Post #13,415 of 17,484
FiiO's official AliExpress store......enjoy!

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/1473108?utm_campaign=website&utm_source=sendgrid.com&utm_medium=email

That's great if somebody doesn't have a local dealer, but the prices are even more expensive than here in Canada.

Nov 4, 2014 at 3:08 PM Post #13,417 of 17,484
Nov 4, 2014 at 3:38 PM Post #13,418 of 17,484
  Drivers installed correctly?

Now I see... the automatic installation gave me error but after manually installed the driver, it's detected now.
Thanks!

Just checking, you wouldn't be the first
wink.gif

Well yeah, but I've done my research before buying it 
biggrin.gif

Now trying to fix my undetected X3 on my Windows 8.1 laptop 

Nov 4, 2014 at 3:56 PM Post #13,419 of 17,484
Now I see... the automatic installation gave me error but after manually installed the driver, it's detected now.
Thanks!

Well yeah, but I've done my research before buying it :D

Good you got it working :)

Nov 4, 2014 at 4:29 PM Post #13,420 of 17,484

Thanks!

Well yeah, but I've done my research before buying it 
biggrin.gif

Win. 8 needs to have driver signing or something disabled in order for the install to work. Check Fiio's website, they have instructions there.

Nov 4, 2014 at 4:51 PM Post #13,421 of 17,484
  I'm looking for a "shuffle all" feature for external storage or internal and external. I've only had my X3 for about a month, so I might have missed it, but that seems like it would be pretty standard and easy to find feature. Apparently I'm on retard UI. It just shows 6 pictures. How do I fix that?

First, set play mode to Shuffle.  The tiny Play Mode logo looks like a Figure-8.  Then select Play All.  I use text-list GUI, so can't tell you what icons to click.
This is about the only way I use mine - almost entirely with Line Out.
When in Shuffle mode you can also shuffle on an Artist or Genre.  At least in 2.1.  Seems I saw a post asking to add this feature back to 3.xx.

Nov 4, 2014 at 5:31 PM Post #13,422 of 17,484
Good you got it working
smily_headphones1.gif

For now. Still need to check further issues.

Win. 8 needs to have driver signing or something disabled in order for the install to work. Check Fiio's website, they have instructions there.

Win8 is working for now, but other small problem occurred on my PC after several times plugging test.
My X3 just froze when I connected it as DAC, had to reset it and working fine again now.
I really hope it's because of my PC's usb plug and not the firmware ...

Nov 4, 2014 at 9:18 PM Post #13,423 of 17,484
  The 5800 file limit is on all firmwares except for a beta for the X5. If you think the earlier versions didn't have it you are probably mistaken. You can have more than 5800 files with any version of the firmware. Files over 5800 are just not recognized in the database but can be played when you use the file browser method.

Actually, not accurate.  2.1 let me have over 11,000 songs in the database/library. I could happily shuffle all 11K of them at once.   It was just a struggle to get the db updated correctly, but when I did, it worked perfectly.   However, I QUICKLY learned that sound quality was not good enough with the MP3's that made up 64gb of space. 

What I hope for is no limit mixed with a 128gb card.   I'm happy with 320kbps MP3's.  

Nov 5, 2014 at 2:18 AM Post #13,425 of 17,484
  Actually, not accurate.  2.1 let me have over 11,000 songs in the database/library. I could happily shuffle all 11K of them at once.   It was just a struggle to get the db updated correctly, but when I did, it worked perfectly.   However, I QUICKLY learned that sound quality was not good enough with the MP3's that made up 64gb of space. 

What I hope for is no limit mixed with a 128gb card.   I'm happy with 320kbps MP3's.  

I am thinking that by the time I fill up my 64gb card, I will have over 5800 songs so I hope that the 5800 track limit gets extended by then. I mainly use 320kbps Mp3s and I just don't think it is worth having them all as flacs as I would be out of room already. 320kbps Mp3s sound very good to me. I only have one double album of something that is 24bit flack and I can tell the difference in sound quality but it takes up 1.6gb! An Mp3 double album only takes up about 200mb. That is why I have so many songs when I am not even using 40gb yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back