The Fiio X3 Thread.
Sep 9, 2014 at 1:13 PM Post #12,737 of 17,484
Hi all,

I have just received my X3 and super psyched about it.

I do require an SD card though, and as my current music library is 90gb and counting I would prefer to just buy a 128gb card.

As I understand, the x3 supports TF cards, aka trans-flash cards aka Micro SD cards.

What I'm having trouble finding out:
Does it support microSDHC
Does it support microSDXC

Has anyone tested the Fiio X3 with this card for example? http://tweakers.net/pricewatch/384864/sandisk-ultra-microsdxc-class-10-uhs-i-128gb/specificaties/ (dutch site)

Many thanks in advance.

PS: Any estimation on the unofficial 3.2 firmware yet? :D
Yes.
Yepp.
That would work just fine.

Sep 9, 2014 at 5:56 PM Post #12,743 of 17,484
Anybody got impressions on whether or npt FW 3.2 affects line-out at all?

I tested today and i had the feeling that the line out became a bit harsh. Absolutely brighter but not so refined.
I liked the headphone out better. More creamy.
I happy with it but and i think on the downside it sounds a bit processed. The evil audiophile in me likes to have straight signal from the line out. 
I wonder what happends under the hood..

But im keeping and thanks Fiio for developing it even more!

Sep 9, 2014 at 6:18 PM Post #12,745 of 17,484

I tested today and i had the feeling that the line out became a bit harsh. Absolutely brighter but not so refined.
I happy with it but and i think on the downside it sounds a bit processed. The evil audiophile in me likes to have straight signal from the line out. 

+1 - I noticed the change in refinement as well. 

Sep 9, 2014 at 6:24 PM Post #12,747 of 17,484

Unprocessed digital doesn't sound very nice at all.
biggrin.gif

Sep 9, 2014 at 7:05 PM Post #12,749 of 17,484

Curious what amp you use the line out to?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back