The Fiio X3 Thread.
Sep 9, 2014 at 6:06 AM Post #12,721 of 17,484
Surprise! Surprise! The new 3.2 firmware sound different again! (as compare to the test beta 3.00EX)
The overall sound becomes cleaner. I can hear better separation, better tighter bass (some said lesser/lighter bass), less muddy, more airy sound signature.
On my Dunu DN2000, listening to Linda Ronstadt, Mary Black's No Frontier, Norah Jones' Don't know why, Eagles' Hell Freezes Over, Keb Mo...they just sound about right and more musical!
However, ymmv (as on my TDK BA200, it is now less musical as it sounds 'thinner'). 

Hm I'm feeling that way too after just upgrading. Definitely much brighter now, and also abit 'airier', even to my flat M40x. Had to crank up the bass to +3-6 from +1 tho. And also sounds abit 'thinner'.. Then again the sound from my cans have always been abit on the thin side. Would be great to have an equaliser to bump up the mids. XD

Sep 9, 2014 at 6:17 AM Post #12,722 of 17,484
please FIIO .... keep cleaning the sound like this 
beyersmile.png

Sep 9, 2014 at 9:12 AM Post #12,724 of 17,484
  Please don't :) my X3 already has bright sound when connected with beyer dt880, i have to increase the bass to 8-9 end even 10. 

Holy macaroni! Wich version (Ohm) are your DT880's?

I'm using my 600 Ohm with fw 3.2 and although I almost need to max out the volume on high gain there's good bass with stock setting. They do have a fuller sound through my Cayin C5 though.

Sep 9, 2014 at 9:19 AM Post #12,725 of 17,484
  I have installed the 3.2 firmware and so far it works fine.  It does seem like there is more treble using the line out as commented earlier.

There are some comments that the equalizer has returned but it is not stable.  How does one find the equalizer for testing purposes?  I could not locate it.

I still wish the menu structure was more intuitive. Also wish, like Rockbox, that there was an option to continue to the next folder.

Sorry, that was me, re-installing FW 2.14 by mistake. 

Because 3.2 and 2.14 sound quite similar, and I had no freezes or crashes, it took me awhile to realize my mistake! :)

I wish the 2.14 equalizer hadn't made the X3 so sluggish. I was able to use the equalizer and treble & bass controls together.

Sep 9, 2014 at 9:41 AM Post #12,727 of 17,484
Sep 9, 2014 at 11:01 AM Post #12,729 of 17,484
Hey guys, Just updated my x-3 from 2.14 to 3.0 and am noticing the following things:
Very slow track changes when moving between tracks on my card while a song is playing.  If I pause the song, I can browse between songs much quicker.
To put any song on a favorites list, I have to pause the song first, select the "heart" symbol and go back to play.
This is only on songs on memory card.  If I do this with the songs on the built in memory, it's quick and easy.  
I did not have this problem with 2.14.  
Also, I can't fast forward through a song if it's on the card.  
Maybe the quicker UI is showing the slowness of the card?
Has anyone else noticed this and does 3.2 work better?

Sep 9, 2014 at 11:17 AM Post #12,730 of 17,484
Hi all,

I have just received my X3 and super psyched about it.

I do require an SD card though, and as my current music library is 90gb and counting I would prefer to just buy a 128gb card.

As I understand, the x3 supports TF cards, aka trans-flash cards aka Micro SD cards.

What I'm having trouble finding out:
Does it support microSDHC
Does it support microSDXC

Has anyone tested the Fiio X3 with this card for example? http://tweakers.net/pricewatch/384864/sandisk-ultra-microsdxc-class-10-uhs-i-128gb/specificaties/ (dutch site)

Many thanks in advance.

PS: Any estimation on the unofficial 3.2 firmware yet? :D

Sep 9, 2014 at 11:41 AM Post #12,732 of 17,484
ClieOS recorded the output of different X5 firmware and uploaded with random file names to see if people could tell a difference. After a week or so, he revealed the firmware versions. It generated interest and was a fun exercise. Maybe some intrepid soul here on the X3 thread would do something similar?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back