The Fiio X3 Thread.
Sep 8, 2014 at 4:20 PM Post #12,706 of 17,484
I have now only got about 4gb of space left on my micro SD card now. I have had to stuff the X3's internal memory full so that I have some space free on my 32gb card. I am thinking about getting a 64gb card sometime soon. I just am not sure what brand to get. I used to have a Toshiba 32gb class 10 that gave up within 3 months so wont want to go with that brand again. It also it quite hard to tell whether or not the cards are genuine.

I live in the UK and this Phillips one from amazon looks genuine from the packaging:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-64GB-Micro-Adapter-Class/dp/B00KL2M3DO/ref=sr_1_15?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1410207405&sr=1-15&keywords=64gb+micro+sd

Once I get a 64gb card, I will move all my music on to that card and then I won't have to go into the other folder which is the X3's built in storage.

If anyone else knows a good brand to go for, could you let me know. Phillips normally make very good products so i think this one should be all right.

Sep 8, 2014 at 4:28 PM Post #12,707 of 17,484
Why not get The Sandisk 128GB micro SD, it's also class 10

http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Ultra-MicroSDXC-Memory-Adapter/dp/B00IIJ6W4S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1410207945&sr=8-1&keywords=128GB+microsd

Holds plenty of music
biggrin.gif

Sep 8, 2014 at 4:29 PM Post #12,708 of 17,484
I have now only got about 4gb of space left on my micro SD card now. I have had to stuff the X3's internal memory full so that I have some space free on my 32gb card. I am thinking about getting a 64gb card sometime soon. I just am not sure what brand to get. I used to have a Toshiba 32gb class 10 that gave up within 3 months so wont want to go with that brand again. It also it quite hard to tell whether or not the cards are genuine.

I live in the UK and this Phillips one from amazon looks genuine from the packaging:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-64GB-Micro-Adapter-Class/dp/B00KL2M3DO/ref=sr_1_15?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1410207405&sr=1-15&keywords=64gb+micro+sd

Once I get a 64gb card, I will move all my music on to that card and then I won't have to go into the other folder which is the X3's built in storage.

If anyone else knows a good brand to go for, could you let me know. Phillips normally make very good products so i think this one should be all right.
Just get a SanDisk microSDHC/SDXC card and be done with it.

Sep 8, 2014 at 5:23 PM Post #12,709 of 17,484
Genuine Sandisk. There are lots of fakes out there so if the deal looks too good to be true..........

BUT Sandisk would be the most reliable solution IMO.

Sep 8, 2014 at 5:33 PM Post #12,711 of 17,484
Yes that's normal. Use a external reader for more speed.

Sep 8, 2014 at 7:33 PM Post #12,713 of 17,484
I've been very happy with the Sony 64GB card I bought from BH Photo last year.  Nice and fast, plus the price was very good.  Since it's been full (and same for my internal) for some time now, I ordered a 128GB Sandisk a little over a week ago from Amazon when I caught a low price (went up by next morning).  Sealed package looked genuine, as did the card.  But it was fake.  FAT32 instead of exFAT out of the package.  In my reader it had a write speed of only 4.2 Mb/s.  An 8 GB chip faked to report 128GB.  I got an immediate refund but now I think I'll wait for another top name maker to offer the 128GB card and buy from BH, Adorama or other pro photo place - someplace where most customers will immediately use the capacity and fakes will not be tolerated.  Amazon continues to sell many long recognized fake cards.

Sep 8, 2014 at 8:39 PM Post #12,714 of 17,484
I get from the sandisk 128GB card: a) inside fiio x3 4MB/s    b) using adapter in my Laptop reader 40MB/s

Sep 8, 2014 at 10:07 PM Post #12,715 of 17,484

I have the model before this one that does 600X instead of 633X.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lexar-Class-UHS-I-Memory-Reader/dp/B0000799RS

Sep 8, 2014 at 11:03 PM Post #12,716 of 17,484
I have installed the 3.2 firmware and so far it works fine.  It does seem like there is more treble using the line out as commented earlier.

There are some comments that the equalizer has returned but it is not stable.  How does one find the equalizer for testing purposes?  I could not locate it.

I still wish the menu structure was more intuitive. Also wish, like Rockbox, that there was an option to continue to the next folder.

Sep 8, 2014 at 11:10 PM Post #12,717 of 17,484
  I have installed the 3.2 firmware and so far it works fine.  It does seem like there is more treble using the line out as commented earlier.

There are some comments that the equalizer has returned but it is not stable.  How does one find the equalizer for testing purposes?  I could not locate it.

I still wish the menu structure was more intuitive. Also wish, like Rockbox, that there was an option to continue to the next folder.

The equalizer does not exist in 3.2.  Bass and treble controls exist as always.  It was incorrectly mentioned that an equalizer existed in 3.2.

Sep 8, 2014 at 11:54 PM Post #12,718 of 17,484
I've been very happy with the Sony 64GB card I bought from BH Photo last year.  Nice and fast, plus the price was very good.  Since it's been full (and same for my internal) for some time now, I ordered a 128GB Sandisk a little over a week ago from Amazon when I caught a low price (went up by next morning).  Sealed package looked genuine, as did the card.  But it was fake.  FAT32 instead of exFAT out of the package.  In my reader it had a write speed of only 4.2 Mb/s.  An 8 GB chip faked to report 128GB.  I got an immediate refund but now I think I'll wait for another top name maker to offer the 128GB card and buy from BH, Adorama or other pro photo place - someplace where most customers will immediately use the capacity and fakes will not be tolerated.  Amazon continues to sell many long recognized fake cards.

Frank, can I ask you if the fake card you bought from Amazon was sold by Amazon itself or a reseller on Amazon? There is a difference as you may very well know. I bought three Sandisk 128 GB cards from Amazon that were sold by Amazon, not an Amazon reseller. I have two in service and they work just fine. One I have not opened yet and reading your post gives me a tiny worry as I have had it for many months now. I bought mine back when they were first offered for $129 or so. Do you know what I am talking about when I say an Amazon reseller?

Sep 9, 2014 at 2:20 AM Post #12,719 of 17,484
I don't really want to spend much over £20 on a 64gb card. I am not that bothered about a super fast reading speed either. The Phillips one I came across was class 10 and that will do for me. Also, not many Phillips cards are made so I think it is more likely to be a genuine that getting a Sandisk.

Sep 9, 2014 at 3:21 AM Post #12,720 of 17,484
Surprise! Surprise! The new 3.2 firmware sound different again! (as compare to the test beta 3.00EX)
The overall sound becomes cleaner. I can hear better separation, better tighter bass (some said lesser/lighter bass), less muddy, more airy sound signature.
On my Dunu DN2000, listening to Linda Ronstadt, Mary Black's No Frontier, Norah Jones' Don't know why, Eagles' Hell Freezes Over, Keb Mo...they just sound about right and more musical!
However, ymmv (as on my TDK BA200, it is now less musical as it sounds 'thinner'). 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back