The Fiio X3 Thread.
Sep 7, 2014 at 10:09 AM Post #12,634 of 17,484
http://www.mediafire.com/download/a10k1fj7wbru181/X3_FW3.20.zip

Here's version 3.20, for all of you who were looking for the latest firmware. Unfortunately I have no idea what it changes from 3.00, as it was never meant for public consumption. All I know is it seems to run all right on all X3s :wink:

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Sep 7, 2014 at 10:15 AM Post #12,635 of 17,484
Recorded an LP to 44.1/32 bit float.
Burned it to CD-R, put in little Sony portable CD player.  Plugged in Grado SR 60 headphones.
Placed it on the X3.  Plugged in Grado SR 80i headphones.

X3 wins, but not by very much.

But I'm very surprised that I like 44.1/32 bit float for vinyl rips more than 96/24 or even 192/24.  It seems like there's a lot more detail.

Sep 7, 2014 at 11:21 AM Post #12,636 of 17,484

Here's version 3.20, for all of you who were looking for the latest firmware. Unfortunately I have no idea what it changes from 3.00, as it was never meant for public consumption. All I know is it seems to run all right on all X3s :wink:

Not for public consumption? Wonder why it's being loaded on new X3 then?

Sep 7, 2014 at 11:39 AM Post #12,637 of 17,484

Here's version 3.20, for all of you who were looking for the latest firmware. Unfortunately I have no idea what it changes from 3.00, as it was never meant for public consumption. All I know is it seems to run all right on all X3s
wink.gif

PLEASE IGNORE WHAT I PREVIOUSLY WROTE BELOW! Even tho the X3 said my update was successful, and I had to redo my settings, I just realized the "About X3" says I'm still on FW2.14B.  No wonder the sound was so similar...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been playing around with it for around a half hour. So far very stable.

My main interest was/is the sound. (I'm one of those people who keep reverting back to 2.14, because it sounds so impressive - natural - with classical music, especially, and other music with acoustic instruments.) This is the first 3.x FW that is similar to the "2.14 sound" for me, enough that I don't plan on switching back. It's brighter than 2.14, so I reduced the treble, but the bass is fine, as is.

So, I recommend this to the "Fans of the 2.14 Sound".

Sep 7, 2014 at 11:56 AM Post #12,639 of 17,484

My main interest was/is the sound. (I'm one of those people who keep reverting back to 2.14, because it sounds so impressive - natural - with classical music, especially, and other music with acoustic instruments.) This is the first 3.x FW that is similar to the "2.14 sound" for me, enough that I don't plan on switching back. It's brighter than 2.14, so I reduced the treble, but the bass is fine, as is.

I agree - unfortunately I've been testing the exFAT beta and all my SD cards are formatted as exFAT and this firmware doesn't support it. Do I flash back, or re-transfer all my files again....? (Rhetorical question).

Sorry - this is misinformation, See next post.

Sep 7, 2014 at 12:07 PM Post #12,640 of 17,484

I agree - unfortunately I've been testing the exFAT beta and all my SD cards are formatted as exFAT and this firmware doesn't support it. Do I flash back, or re-transfer all my files again....? (Rhetorical question).

D'oh. I'm an idiot. Put the card I used for flashing back in instead of my exFAT card. exFAT IS working on this frmware.

Sep 7, 2014 at 2:10 PM Post #12,643 of 17,484
I think that FW3.2 feels quite a bit more responsive than 3.0. A little easier to get to your music and select things. 3.0 sometimes had small delays when I pressed the buttons. That isn't happening now. Not at the moment anyway.

Sep 7, 2014 at 2:18 PM Post #12,644 of 17,484
  I think that FW3.2 feels quite a bit more responsive than 3.0. A little easier to get to your music and select things. 3.0 sometimes had small delays when I pressed the buttons. That isn't happening now. Not at the moment anyway.

How many tracks? mine is FW 3.0 and yes i have the delays you say with.. 4300 FLAC files

It seems still is not available to download... how did you got it?

Sep 7, 2014 at 2:23 PM Post #12,645 of 17,484
As I wrote in my previous post: 
PLEASE IGNORE WHAT I PREVIOUSLY WROTE BELOW! Even tho the X3 said my update was successful, and I had to redo my settings, I just realized the "About X3" says I'm still on FW2.14B.  
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The equalizer "works" with FW3.2.  Tho it makes things very sluggish, so I suspect it's not supposed to be available.  The expected reduction in volume (as often mentioned in the X5 thread).

Still, I'm playing around with the settings.

The equalizer works in combination with the treble and bass settings, something the X5 obviously can't do. Still, too sluggish for regular use, so it's only for "playing around".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back