The Fiio X3 Thread.
Sep 7, 2014 at 2:29 PM Post #12,646 of 17,484

How many tracks? mine is FW 3.0 and yes i have the delays you say with.. 4300 FLAC files

It seems still is not available to download... how did you got it?

I have 3060 tracks. Most are 320kbps Mp3s but I have quite a lot of flacs too.

How to get FW3.2? Have a look further up on the previous page!
wink.gif

Sep 7, 2014 at 2:30 PM Post #12,647 of 17,484
Well, I tried installing 3.2, but I hit a "file system not support or file not found" error.  I don't think I'm misremembering how to upgrade the FW, but I suppose I might be doing something wrong.  Either way, it's certainly not letting me try the 3.2 FW, for now anyways.

Sep 7, 2014 at 2:32 PM Post #12,649 of 17,484
Well, I tried installing 3.2, but I hit a "file system not support or file not found" error.  I don't think I'm misremembering how to upgrade the FW, but I suppose I might be doing something wrong.  Either way, it's certainly not letting me try the 3.2 FW, for now anyways.

You're not trying to flash from an exFAT card are you? Flashing only works with FAT32 even with the later firmwares.

Sep 7, 2014 at 2:34 PM Post #12,650 of 17,484

You're not trying to flash from an exFAT card are you? Flashing only works with FAT32 even with the later firmwares.

It's the same card I've always used, but I'm going to grab an older card, format it on the X3, and use that to transfer the FW.

Most likely was the format of the card, luckily had an 8gb with nothing on it that I can use.

Sep 7, 2014 at 2:38 PM Post #12,651 of 17,484

Just to make sure, you have pressed and held the power and menu/return button at the same time to start the update?

Sep 7, 2014 at 2:54 PM Post #12,653 of 17,484
I have found a very big problem with FW3.2. It remembers the track and position you left it on when you turn it off but it doesn't remember the track that comes after it! It just gets to the end of the track it was playing and then stops. You then have to browse your folders for the artist, album and track all over again. I have gone back to 3.0 and tested the same thing out. FW3.0 remembers the track position and when the track ends, it goes onto the next track from the playlist. I will stay with 3.0 until a new fixed version comes out.

Could anybody else see if they have the same problem with 3.2 and let me know.

Thanks.

Sep 7, 2014 at 3:14 PM Post #12,654 of 17,484

I have 3060 tracks. Most are 320kbps Mp3s but I have quite a lot of flacs too.

How to get FW3.2? Have a look further up on the previous page!
wink.gif

Thanks, I have already updated mine, now my XBA-H3's sound more detailed... haha at first had a blonde'ish moment, pressed the power and back buttons to upgrade and the message of "File not found or file system not supported...", turns out my card was set to NTFS, i reformatted it to FAT32 and worked...

But i noted the internal memory dipped quite significantly... from having 7.21GB, dipped to 7.08GB

Sep 7, 2014 at 3:19 PM Post #12,655 of 17,484
Okay, maybe I´m imagining things (a caveat so often used to introduce steps up in SQ that it almost sounds like the title of an unofficial hi-fi anthem) but I had to get out of bed and log on, that´s how excited I am.

I changed back to 2.14 pretty much when I first got this little machine a couple of weeks ago. Now I flashed it with 3.2 and oh god, the UI is a mess, BUT! - and here´s where the imagining of things comes in - the sound is so much better! Just today, three or four hours ago I was listening to the same songs with my ****ty JBL in-ears and thinking how small they sound, how tightly packed together. Everything is so wide apart now, it´s as if a very successful digital effect has been added to the music. Just really natural and nice. This wideness of the image allows me to crank it up way higher than the previous firmware too, thus improving... well, everything, since I´m addicted to volume. There´s just less harshness at higher volumes.

I´d do a side by side comparison, but I can´t flash it back to the previous version right now since I´ve lost it - the precise one I used had modded themes. But if asked now, I would say there is a definite improvement in sound in the 3.2. The soundscape is wider, instrument separation is better and I can almost here little details in flac files I can usually only hear with better headphones.

Gonna test it out with my V-Modas tomorrow, but I´m defa keeping 3.2, no matter how ugly and dysfunctional it is and looks. And honestly. I don´t even care if I´m experiencing some kind of placebo effect. If delusion sounds this good, sign me up. 

Now if only a hero would rise (khm... mr Trev... khm) and mod this theme to look more like the minimal orange and grey theme foe 2.14, or anything else really, that is less horrendous.. then I would have to call the phase of my life where I set up the FiiO x3 complete and successful. 

So, anyone else getting this wider and more laid back thing with better separation I´m talking about?

Sep 7, 2014 at 3:22 PM Post #12,656 of 17,484
Hey guys,  I just amended my posts to say that my X3 says I'm still on FW2.14B (even tho it said my update was successful, and I had to redo the settings). I'm going to unzip the X3+FW3.20 download again, and make sure I don't mess up. 

Could one of you "successful updaters" confirm that it shows the update in "About X3"?

Sep 7, 2014 at 3:28 PM Post #12,657 of 17,484
  I have found a very big problem with FW3.2. It remembers the track and position you left it on when you turn it off but it doesn't remember the track that comes after it! It just gets to the end of the track it was playing and then stops. You then have to browse your folders for the artist, album and track all over again. I have gone back to 3.0 and tested the same thing out. FW3.0 remembers the track position and when the track ends, it goes onto the next track from the playlist. I will stay with 3.0 until a new fixed version comes out.

Could anybody else see if they have the same problem with 3.2 and let me know.

Thanks.

I usd Track memory: Last Position... a) played a track until  a few minutes, pressed the play button for 3 secs to turn off, then on, worked fine, went to next track
b)the same on track #2 a few minutes, but now press play button for 10 secs to forced shutdown.. turn on, works fine c) playing track #4 press play to pause and let it sit idling for 10s let's see, already turned on... WORKS fine ... i'll try later and report to you if the bug is only with Last song memory

EDIT: tried LAST SONG and works as expected... goes flawlessly to next tracks, using all combos, short 3s press to turn off, 10s press, and idle (Seems 10s is no longer available as it doesn't make that LOUD click! when you pressed for 10 secs)

Tried last song and last position playing ALL tracks... like 4100 flacs... works fine also BUT... if you use the "forced shutdown" (aka 10s ok button press) it has no chance of writing to memory the last position and remembers the last track position.. f.e playing Bach orchestral suite  one movement lasts 1:10 and went to next track... played it to half and pressed for 10s, turned on... and remmebered 00:30 from previous track...

Sep 7, 2014 at 3:30 PM Post #12,658 of 17,484
Hey guys,  I just amended my posts to say that my X3 says I'm still on FW2.14B (even tho it said my update was successful, and I had to redo the settings). I'm going to unzip the X3+FW3.20 download again, and make sure I don't mess up. 

Could one of you "successful updaters" confirm that it shows the update in "About X3"?

It will show 3.2. Mine does.

Sep 7, 2014 at 3:50 PM Post #12,660 of 17,484
Maybe I shouldn't have admitted I was still on 2.14B!  The sound of 3.2 actually is quite similar, actually (at first hearing) even nicer. 

Now if you all will pretend I didn't say anything about finding the equalizer...  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back