The Fiio X3 Thread.
Aug 24, 2014 at 10:39 AM Post #12,317 of 17,481
Aug 24, 2014 at 12:44 PM Post #12,319 of 17,481
  The next FW update will include the driver that unlocks double the resolution of the display and it will reveal that it actually is an Amoled display.
Apart from support for all kinds of playlists it will also include a 20 band PEQ with compensation profiles for all known headphones and IEM's based on Tyll's and goldenears measurements to ensure a balanced and well-rounded response no matter what you are connecting it to.
2.14bmod and 3.0 sound signatures will be switchable and there'll be the possibility to blend between the two.
In additon there'll also be the possibility to select between the HM-901, AK240, P1, Calyx-M or X5 (and many more) sound signatures.
The hardware based, fully adjustable dynamic crossfeed which perfectly mimics the sonic characteristics of top-tier speakers will be available as well.
In addition the next FW update will re-arrange the physical button layout to be more intuitive to use and will also add an optical (read holographic) scroll-wheel to the X3.
You'll also be able to activate the X3 stealth function which will make it invisible to any kind of radar.

The hidden Wifi function will be unlocked as well and the internal memory of 128 GB will finally be fully accessible.
So the rumour goes...
wink_face.gif

And that WiFi function even has its own tethering options!

Aug 24, 2014 at 9:34 PM Post #12,322 of 17,481
I had this message appear just the other day. I chose to ignore it. I think the cause was me not ejecting the drives before disconnecting the USB cable used for file transfer. I just connected it again and the message came up. This time I chose scan and correct. I then ejected both drives (internal Storage and MicroSD) and reconnected and the message no longer appears.

So it seems you must eject drives before disconnection to avoid this message appearing.

Aug 24, 2014 at 10:10 PM Post #12,323 of 17,481
I have similar issue in Mac, before disconnecting the X3 I unmount both drives (internal and external memory) but sometimes I get the message"disk not unmounted properly" only from the internal memory.
Just ignore the warning and  everything seems to be fine.

Aug 25, 2014 at 3:27 AM Post #12,325 of 17,481
  Don't ever let Windows scan any removable media.  It's always a good idea to eject it before removal but last time I scanned a memory stick, Windows corrupted it to the point I had to reformat. 

I don't agree. If you continue to use a "dirty" filesystem, you risk all sorts of problems (files not readable or corrupt) and when the damage is too big, Windows (other systems too) isn't capable to fix it.
Always eject before removing and scan and fix when prompted.

PS There is a small possibility of corruption during data transfers - computer are not perfect. When I'm copying important data, I always verify the integrity of the copy.

Aug 25, 2014 at 7:03 AM Post #12,328 of 17,481
I would like to know what people use to charge the X3. I use a 2.1amp USB socket on a charger that goes into the wall. That charges it in a few hours but it does get very warm. It takes a huge amount of time if i just plug the cable it comes with into my PC. It gets just as warm when charging it from my computer so I hope a 2.1amp charger isn't too much for it.

I really like the fact that you can use it while charging it. I sometimes use my portable charger while on the move and I don't notice any added hiss or interference while charging.

It does get quite warm just when it is playing but it gets quite a lot warmer if it is charging and playing at the same time.

Aug 25, 2014 at 8:59 AM Post #12,329 of 17,481

I don't agree. If you continue to use a "dirty" filesystem, you risk all sorts of problems (files not readable or corrupt) and when the damage is too big, Windows (other systems too) isn't capable to fix it.
Always eject before removing and scan and fix when prompted.

PS There is a small possibility of corruption during data transfers - computer are not perfect. When I'm copying important data, I always verify the integrity of the copy.

The problem is, if  Windows does not recognize a file or filing format, it will assume it's corrupt.  I have a 2TB external hard drive I use for work that I know with 100% certainty, there are no issues but every time I plug it in, Windows always wants to scan it.  This can also arise when a device is used on multiple systems.

If you really want to scan it, run chkdsk from a command prompt.  I Windows dose find something, run chkdsk /f.  I never do ANY scanning on my F3.  If I think it's corrupt, I reformat and reload.

Aug 25, 2014 at 9:22 AM Post #12,330 of 17,481
I would like to know what people use to charge the X3. I use a 2.1amp USB socket on a charger that goes into the wall. That charges it in a few hours but it does get very warm. It takes a huge amount of time if i just plug the cable it comes with into my PC. It gets just as warm when charging it from my computer so I hope a 2.1amp charger isn't too much for it.

I really like the fact that you can use it while charging it. I sometimes use my portable charger while on the move and I don't notice any added hiss or interference while charging.

It does get quite warm just when it is playing but it gets quite a lot warmer if it is charging and playing at the same time.

Your player is normal ... Heating things are normal too ... And the current of your charger is very suitable too i am using the same current 2.1amp to charge mine ...nothing to worry about

Users who are viewing this thread

Back