The Fiio X3 Thread.
Mar 26, 2014 at 10:48 AM Post #9,018 of 17,481

looks great,
L3000.gif

Thanks James! :) It sounds great!!

You guys do great work!

Mar 26, 2014 at 1:37 PM Post #9,019 of 17,481
  one bad news and one good news.

bad news the new firmware will be delay. the good news is the new GUI will come with the new firmware.

Hopefully all this extra time means it will be bullet-proof when done....

Question for Fiio:  If/when OTG is added, what devices are you looking to support (external powered hd, USB flashdrive). Been seeing some good deals on external msata devices lately ($169 for 256gb). From what I've read on the ipod mod thread msata drives do draw more power, so it would be nice to have a heads up on what should and shouldn't work.

Mar 27, 2014 at 2:55 AM Post #9,020 of 17,481
I love the X3, but in all honesty, if there's a delay in the firmware, please let us know the reason why, and when you expect to release one.  This is just common courtesy.  I will be continue you to be a fan of the X3, but please, don't leave us hanging.  And, yes, I'm willing to wait if it's necessary.  Thanks.

Mar 27, 2014 at 5:29 AM Post #9,021 of 17,481
Hey guys, I'm having trouble with my x3.it doesn't read tracks. But some works fine. What should i do? I'm running 2.1fw.,64gb sandisk sd.any idea to fix it?

Mar 27, 2014 at 5:38 AM Post #9,022 of 17,481
Hey guys, I'm having trouble with my x3.it doesn't read tracks. But some works fine. What should i do? I'm running 2.1fw.,64gb sandisk sd.any idea to fix it?

Could be a ID3 tag problem. Try to retag your music with mp3tag.

Mar 27, 2014 at 9:25 AM Post #9,024 of 17,481
I love the X3, but in all honesty, if there's a delay in the firmware, please let us know the reason why, and when you expect to release one.  This is just common courtesy.  I will be continue you to be a fan of the X3, but please, don't leave us hanging.  And, yes, I'm willing to wait if it's necessary.  Thanks.

He is not leaving you hanging. He just announced it would be delayed. Unforseen problems and delays come up in life and he could give you another date and it could slip again.

Mar 27, 2014 at 11:55 AM Post #9,027 of 17,481
  No, he didn't provide the reason.  No, he didn't provide a new expected date for the firmware.
Yes, this means he left me hanging.
As I said, I am a fan of the X3 and will continue to support it.

There are usually just two reasons: either they haven't finish the code, or they thought they have finished the code but find new bugs in it, meaning they haven't actually finished the code
wink.gif

Mar 27, 2014 at 11:59 AM Post #9,028 of 17,481
I'd say James has pretty much gone above and beyond the call of duty as far as keeping us informed is concerned.  I would think quite a lot of people at Fiio are busy handling the X5 launch right now, as well as dealing with the X1 design process.  I could have sworn I remembered reading that Fiio is also going to make a X3 version with a scroll wheel after the X1 is finished, too.  I personally appreciate the level of communication we've received from James so far, and don't feel he owes us anything.  But yes, I know it can be frustrating at times to not know when we're supposed to get something.  Its what drives me utterly bonkers sometimes about ordering on eBay from China.

Mar 27, 2014 at 12:37 PM Post #9,030 of 17,481
  No, he didn't provide the reason.  No, he didn't provide a new expected date for the firmware.
Yes, this means he left me hanging.
As I said, I am a fan of the X3 and will continue to support it.

I mean, take a look at this forum, and tell me there is another company that's more communicative than Fiio. Software is a tough thing to pin down a timeframe on sometimes. And software developers can be tough to get info out of sometimes. Sometimes because the dev doesn't know why a bug is happening or how the hell he or she is going to fix it. In some instances in software, it would be bad for PR to be completely open, because some people don't understand the complexity that goes in to coding. So it's best to just be vague. But FiiO really has done a stellar job keeping the community informed. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back