The Fiio X3 Thread.
Mar 28, 2014 at 9:19 AM Post #9,048 of 17,484
  I said that I was left hanging!  Which is true.
I'm still guessing why it has been delayed, as I am sure others are too.
Why do people get so worked up so easily? Yes, I appreciate that Fiio actually communicates via this forum, but honestly, for those who have been waiting patiently, a little more information would have gone a long long way.  I am a software programmer too, and I know exactly what goes into providing a reliable update, so please, don't assume that I don't understand the complexity of what goes into a project such as this one.

What do you mean "You" were left hanging? You're not in this alone and it's not like anyone from FiiO was directly communicating to you promising a release date. Get a grip.

Keep waiting patiently (which you aren't, even if you say you are) and just assume there's good reason it's being delayed. I'd rather have a polished firmware as opposed to a buggy mess, Mr. Software Programmer.

If you know what is required to provide a reliable firmware update, then you know it takes time. Chill out and enjoy the music.

Mar 28, 2014 at 10:33 AM Post #9,049 of 17,484

What do you mean "You" were left hanging? You're not in this alone and it's not like anyone from FiiO was directly communicating to you promising a release date. Get a grip.

Keep waiting patiently (which you aren't, even if you say you are) and just assume there's good reason it's being delayed. I'd rather have a polished firmware as opposed to a buggy mess, Mr. Software Programmer.

Exactly! This false sense of entitlement from some people is rather bothersome. Adulthood is all about patience :wink:

Mar 28, 2014 at 11:16 AM Post #9,050 of 17,484
Be calm fiio fans! I think even fiio is struggling to estimate the releaseing date. James will inform us when they decide it! Have faith in fiio!!

Mar 28, 2014 at 11:38 AM Post #9,051 of 17,484
Be calm fiio fans! I think even fiio is struggling to estimate the releaseing date. James will inform us when they decide it! Have faith in fiio!!

thanks for your help, and yes our team like to add the DSD supports with the new UI so it take longer time than we expect .

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Mar 28, 2014 at 5:14 PM Post #9,053 of 17,484
I have similar issues to what you are seeing in 1. above.

Also, it won't recall index position on MP3s such that the selection will start at the beginning rather than remember where it was while the actual visual "cursor" shows the previous position.

Reported via bugzilla and to support directly, who claimed they could not reproduce it.  Hoping this will be fixed in the next major FW release

Mar 28, 2014 at 7:19 PM Post #9,055 of 17,484
  I said that I was left hanging!  Which is true.
I'm still guessing why it has been delayed, as I am sure others are too.
Why do people get so worked up so easily? Yes, I appreciate that Fiio actually communicates via this forum, but honestly, for those who have been waiting patiently, a little more information would have gone a long long way.  I am a software programmer too, and I know exactly what goes into providing a reliable update, so please, don't assume that I don't understand the complexity of what goes into a project such as this one.

Patience is a virtue!Are you not happy with the product as it is?

Mar 28, 2014 at 8:22 PM Post #9,056 of 17,484
without an eq the update to me is worthless, dam how many times do we have to say we need an eq.

I will not settle until I hear words for an eq

Mar 28, 2014 at 8:27 PM Post #9,057 of 17,484
Hey guys, when I copy music to my 64GB sandisk sd card, it takes a long time to finish.and the time is increasing album to album. Is that normal? Because the first few albums copied quickly. Now it's getting slower. Is there anything I can do?

The internal port of the Fiio X3 is quite slow, I recommend using an external reader.

Mar 29, 2014 at 12:55 AM Post #9,059 of 17,484
Sorry if this has been asked before cause I'm picking up my X3 tomorrow so just thought I'd ask if X3 does gapless playing. Spotify claims that it does but unfortunately it doesn't on my iPhone 4S with Spotify Premium Account's offline downloads. That's the reason why I'm getting X3 so I hope it does gapless

Mar 29, 2014 at 1:44 AM Post #9,060 of 17,484
Gapless is supported, as long as the music files are properly encoded with gapless tag.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back