The Fiio X3 Thread.
May 14, 2014 at 5:23 AM Post #10,141 of 17,484
  My thinking is on my X3 with only one card slot and a current limit of 120 GB I would rather have two albums at 24/48 than one album at 24/96. I'm not sure I can tell the difference between 24/48 and 24/96. I'm sure lots of people think they can. On my computer where I have endless terrabytes of storage the 24/96 files live happily. But on my portable device I  am fine with 16/44.1 FLAC. I used to be fine with LAME encoded Extreme Mode MP3. Not anymore. Ya know?

I get the reason why people think 24/96 is better. I just think a lot of those people are fooling themselves. Thankfully our X3 X5 players take care of us both. :)

I agree that in a situation that I would ran out of space on my device I would prefer to have 48khz files and all my music instead of 96khz files and incomplete collection. But I'm still far away from 120gb limit of the X3 so I'm just fine with 96khz files (most of my collection is 16/44.1 cd rips but I choose 24/96 if I have the option)

May 14, 2014 at 6:07 AM Post #10,142 of 17,484
  My thinking is on my X3 with only one card slot and a current limit of 120 GB I would rather have two albums at 24/48 than one album at 24/96. I'm not sure I can tell the difference between 24/48 and 24/96. I'm sure lots of people think they can. On my computer where I have endless terrabytes of storage the 24/96 files live happily. But on my portable device I  am fine with 16/44.1 FLAC. I used to be fine with LAME encoded Extreme Mode MP3. Not anymore. Ya know?

I get the reason why people think 24/96 is better. I just think a lot of those people are fooling themselves. Thankfully our X3 X5 players take care of us both. :)

You'll never be a good Sheeple with all that common sense spouting out of ya!
biggrin.gif
beerchug.gif

May 14, 2014 at 6:31 AM Post #10,143 of 17,484
Been reading the forums with interest for a while and like the helpful community here so have just joined.
I've had my X3 for a few months and was thinking upgrading to the X5 but now not too sure now as the 2.14beta has made a noticeable improvement.

I just wondered what USB transfer speed are people experiencing, as I'm only getting around 3 to 4MB/s. If stick the microSD into a reader on my PC I'm getting near 10MB/s. I was hoping this 2.14beta might have improved things here as it is a pain to take out the microSD card out when I have the silicone cover on.

May 14, 2014 at 7:17 AM Post #10,144 of 17,484
I have downloaded and installed firmware 2.14. I understand that the beta firmware has few bugs, I wanted to know how do I stop the player from switching off automatically? I have disabled all idle timers but still it switches off.

May 14, 2014 at 7:55 AM Post #10,145 of 17,484
  I have downloaded and installed firmware 2.14. I understand that the beta firmware has few bugs, I wanted to know how do I stop the player from switching off automatically? I have disabled all idle timers but still it switches off.

On the 2.14b the labels for sleep and idle shutdown have been switched = set idle shutdown to 0 and adjust the 'real' idle shutdown time in the sleep setting.
biggrin.gif

May 14, 2014 at 8:20 AM Post #10,146 of 17,484
Help please somebody...

Just got my new X3 in the mail. Plugged it in to the computer to charge it. Immediately disk check popped up saying that there was a an error and that I should do a scan, which I did. The scan said that errors were found and fixed. This already has me worried.

After charging I tried turning it on and an error message comes up on the screen. I can't read it because it is in another language, and I can't change the language because it doesn't allow any buttons to be pressed. The X3 powers back off after a couple of seconds. 

Is this a DOA case or is there something I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for advice.

May 14, 2014 at 8:24 AM Post #10,147 of 17,484
  Help please somebody...

Just got my new X3 in the mail. Plugged it in to the computer to charge it. Immediately disk check popped up saying that there was a an error and that I should do a scan, which I did. The scan said that errors were found and fixed. This already has me worried.

After charging I tried turning it on and an error message comes up on the screen. I can't read it because it is in another language, and I can't change the language because it doesn't allow any buttons to be pressed. The X3 powers back off after a couple of seconds. 

Just to doublecheck: is the hold button on?

May 14, 2014 at 8:24 AM Post #10,148 of 17,484
If it isn't the hold switch - hit the reset hole and see what happens.

If you have a camera, take a quick photo and upload it here.

May 14, 2014 at 8:25 AM Post #10,149 of 17,484
  Help please somebody...

Assuming you are running Windows the first pop-up is fairly common and nothing to worry about. 

The second thing - isn't your X3 locked? Check the small "flip" on the right side of the X3. Then try and start it again.

May 14, 2014 at 8:30 AM Post #10,150 of 17,484
  If it isn't the hold switch - hit the reset hole and see what happens.

If you have a camera, take a quick photo and upload it here.

Wow guys, thanks for the fast reply. I just logged back on to say I'm a d*ck and that I worked it out. i took off the plastic case and saw the hold button. LOL, didn't realise it was there.  Still a bit concerned about the possible drive errors but hopefully it's all good.

Thanks again ClieOs :)

May 14, 2014 at 10:20 AM Post #10,152 of 17,484
I bought the X3 from MP4Nation, I've received it now and listened to music for an hour. When I wanted to hear how it sounds with nokia earphones and plugged them in, it froze after 10 seconds. Now it won't start, the screen is black and plugging it in the cable gives a green light on the X3. I've tried holding the reset button on top of it for 10 seconds and I've tried holding the power button. I tried keeping the headphones plugged in and doing the same again. Nothing, I think I've destroyed it. There goes my birthday gift.

Any Help?

May 14, 2014 at 11:59 AM Post #10,153 of 17,484
  I bought the X3 from MP4Nation, I've received it now and listened to music for an hour. When I wanted to hear how it sounds with nokia earphones and plugged them in, it froze after 10 seconds. Now it won't start, the screen is black and plugging it in the cable gives a green light on the X3. I've tried holding the reset button on top of it for 10 seconds and I've tried holding the power button. I tried keeping the headphones plugged in and doing the same again. Nothing, I think I've destroyed it. There goes my birthday gift.

Any Help?

Can you elaborate a bit more as in what cable you plug in?  Have you tried plugging it into your computer? and does it respond to that?  Is your Hold switch flipped to "Hold"?  It turn itself off after 10 seconds if "Hold" is on.

May 14, 2014 at 12:15 PM Post #10,154 of 17,484
A quick google turns up "There is also a hardware reset hole at the top (between Coax-out) that's where the google stops but try that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back